You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mimicker

Real Ghost Stories

Mimicker

 

Back in 2013-2014 my dad moved in his girlfriend months after my mom died. She is a very selfish lady, she wasn't terrible to me but she still allowed us to live like that to benefit herself, so I am not a very big fan of her. Her and my dad are both addicts so it was easy for my dad to brush her off when she said she heard voices when she went to the bathroom and she could hear him talking to some other lady when no one else was in the room with him, it was in fact his main argument when they fought. Her hearing voices, her being crazy. Typical dumb fights, right? I unfortunately backed her up with the voices.

When I lived with my dad I use to lock myself in my room and I would always wait to leave my room once he left the house so I could avoid any contact with him. One day he and his girlfriend had left to run "errands" and my routine was to wait 5 minutes to make sure he didn't forget anything, after my 5 minute wait I made my way to the bathroom. Now this bathroom was extremely nice (my grandmother had it built the way she wanted it to be) it had two sinks and one large mirror with a shelf on the side, it had a wall that connected with the countertops and had a doorway to the toilet and shower area. Pretty spacious.

I was in the bathroom doing my business web surfing on my little crappy flip phone when I heard a voice and I remember feeling like "uh okay I'm the only up here but okay" but I ignore it thinking I left Netflix on or my grandpa turned his tv up too loud so it becomes background noise, but the longer it goes the more I notice it sounds like two people conversing right outside the bathroom door. Intrigued I stopped my scrolling and tuned in more, it sounded like my dad and his girlfriend talking. Which wouldn't be a surprise if I hadn't had heard them leave, nor did I hear the front door open indicating that they came home or them go up the stairs that were right next to the bathroom and their bedroom. Now I'm freaked because not only is my dad not home but he's right outside the bathroom door talking to his girlfriend who is not there either. But I gather my thoughts and go out on a limb that the spirit believes I'm Lorri, my dads girlfriend (her name has been changed) and calmly talk to it "Ghost, I know you like to freak Lorri out but I'm not Lorri, leave me alone please. I need to do my thing in peace" and the voices abruptly stopped and the tension in the air lifted. It terrified my dad to know the spirits were torturing his poor spun out already somewhat crazy girlfriend. Things only amplified when he moved in her kids but those are for a different time!

Other hauntings by trinity98

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, trinity98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

trinity98 (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-19)
AugustaM,

I'm glad I survived to haha. Thank you:) my life has been a lot better since.

The ghost didn't mess with them very much as it did with my father, in fact I don't believe they experienced much to have them believe the House was haunted. I believe the ghost was my grandmother or mother, I don't believe either would go as far as scaring children. However it did mess with her oldest daughter who was already grown with 5 kids of her own, that's why I believe it was one of them.

Thank you:) it doesn't bring up anything that hasn't been healed already! I'm glad to hear you look forward to reading my further posts
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-19)
Sounds like a very rough way to grow up - kids should never have to deal with that! I am glad you survived it and are out of it! I hope your life has been so much better since then!

I second Dee that the negativity in that house may well have had a great deal to do with the activity. Negative energy seems to be able to attract, feed and even generate activity and there certainly was a surfeit of it in that situation. As it never went after you, maybe it disapproved of your father's "parenting" style. Did it ever go after the girlfriend's kids?

I look forward to reading your further accounts though I hope recounting them doesn't dredge up anything too painful ❤
trinity98 (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-18)
CuriousDee,

I'm plenty sure that some of the activity was caused from the negativity surrounding them as whatever was in my old house had never let me know it was there by trying to spook me. My dad has done bad things (he's now getting what he deserves) and I'm sure his girlfriend has to, so I have no doubt in my mind that their negativity put together sparked something in my old house.

Thank you for commenting and sharing your thought! I like reading other people's thoughts on my experiences:)

-Trinity98
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-17)
Trinity,

I'm sorry you had a tough living situation. No one should have to deal with that.

I'm wondering if your father and his girlfriend either caused the activity or exacerbated it. I'm sure addicts and/or negative individuals will bring in or cause negative/chaotic energy.

Just a thought anyway. Thanks for sharing ❤
Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: