You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Ghost App

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost App

 

I know what you're thinking! "Ghost app? Bunch of baloney!" I thought the same when I first heard of it and even more when I first used it (I started using this app about 2 years ago so around the end of 2015 or begging 2016) but the more I used it the more the responses became more relevant to my questions or activity I was doing at the time. Out of curiosity I started letting the app run while I was doing anything, I wouldn't interact or do things to provoke them to speak. It would be unbelievably accurate and I accepted the fact that it worked as long as there was something around you or nearby. I still use the app to this day just not as much as I use to.

Well, in 2016 my sister who was older than me by 6 months passed away suddenly, I know this is extremely personal however it is indeed very important. It was a dark year for our family so my mom decided we were to pack up and move back to California for the support of (sorry but as I was typing that I felt someone touch my shoulder hard enough it moved a little, I'm alone in my room right now so I had to share) our family. I was enrolled in to the school my sister use to go to where I met a lot of like minded people, one of those people was a junior who told me she was a pagan witch (forgive me if I spelt that wrong). We quickly bonded over our paranormal experiences and messed up backgrounds, we'll call her Jade for this story and any other story she may come up in.

Jade and I were extremely interested in the paranormal, that's what we liked to talk about most. So one day while Jade and I are in biology class (she failed it and I never took it in Chicago so we had to be there) finishing up the details on one of our projects, when I had the great idea to open up my ghost app. Now I had two phones at the time; one for strictly music and wasn't activated and another that was activated and meant for social media and the famous ghost app.

So I pull one of my ear buds out, leaving the other one in to continue listening to my music, and placed my activated phone in between us and explained what the app was to Jade. As I'm explaining the playlist plays the next song which is Fairly Local by 21 pilots and it holds a good memory my sister and I shared, I mention it because of what's coming up. So of course she's estastic and immediately started firing questions at it as she's trying to finish her side of the project, one the first questions she asked (of course) "who are you". She has her head down trying her hardest to finish while I'm looking at the app when it says "Fairly Local".

I felt my heart drop and suddenly I could hear the song a lot more clearer than I could have a second ago and had a quick flash back to when my sister and I had our first real sister moment, then I felt a presence next to me that I failed to mention to Jade but I knew she's could feel it because she snapped her head up at the app the moment I felt the presence. We looked at each other and had a silent exchange about whether we both felt the same presence. I didn't want to acknowledge it but it was my sister letting me know it was her.

I have yet to tell my mom and sisters, partly because I don't want to out myself about using the app and partly because I don't want to be brushed off like I normally am when I bring up the paranormal to my family. And yes I know it's stupid to use the app but I'm attracted to the paranormal like a itch I can't get, don't ask me why because I honestly do not know.

Thanks for reading! This is one of the not to creepy experiences I have had. I know I'm posting left and right but I absolutely love sharing my experiences with other people!

Other hauntings by trinity98

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, trinity98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-02)
Trinity - there's something else about your story that I'm failing to understand and will appreciate if you clarify it for me.

Based on your narrative, I'm inclined to think that the sister who died was living with you in Chicago, right?
After her passing, your sister-mother decided to move the family back to California and you got "enrolled in to the school my sister use to go"

How could she had been attending school in California and, at the same time, living in Chicago?
Or, are you talking about a half sister from a different mother than the ones you were living with in Chicago?

I'm not here to judge the actions of the adults in your family though, to be honest, I think you are very fortunate at having a good relationship with your half sisters. It is very common for the children of unfaithful parents to grow up learning to hate the children from a parent's other relationships.

In your case, you trusted your half sister enough as to know she would welcome you into her family. I'm a little curious about her being able to adopt you, - perhaps you mean she got custody over you?

I know I'm asking - borrowing your own words - left and right... I just want to understand your story and to avoid having to assume or imagine the things that are not clear to me.

Thanks.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-02)
Hi Trinity,

Thanks for responding and doing so with a cool head. I and the rest of the community are always eager to give contributors the benefit of the doubt as it is often difficult to open up about one's experiences especially when they are tangled up in difficult personal histories- and putting things into words isn't always as easy as it may seem.

I think your answers add a great deal to your narrative and help everything fit together far better. I guess specific labels will be the key in going forward - I understand how difficult it is to explain a complex family and a life constantly in motion to anyone on the outside.

Thank you for sticking with it and understanding that we -in turn- are trying our best to understand.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-02)
Trinity - not meaning to be critical but, it would be helpful if next time you could break your paragraphs in a more readable way... The way it is right now could misguide the reader into believing that your dad claims he married your half sister (his child) and that she's the one cheating on her dadsband.

How old are you right now?
How old is your sister-mother?
Are the sisters in this story your half sisters or are they your sister-mother's daughters?
Did you run away to Chicago in 2013?

I know you asked Amor "What is a DID if you don't mind me asking?" - I hope you don't mind me answering, it means Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Please elaborate your confusing family situation, the way you have presented it could be interpreted like you're desperately trying to patch the holes in a piece of Swiss cheese.
Just my opinion.
trinity98 (3 stories) (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
Amor,

No I was not referring to Lorri as my mother. My older sister adopted me and I do call her mother. Yes this is my experience. What is a DID if you don't mind me asking?

Augusta,
I have had a terrible childhood that most think only happen in movies or made up, but I'm not cruel enough to make up something that has sent me to therapists left and right. You do not need to believe me but I would like to clarify for you that I have no reason to make up my background. Thank you for bringing up your concerns
trinity98 (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
Lady-glow, rynne, Augusta, Dee

I'm sorry everyone for the confusion! My dead sister was my half sister, my dad had the habit of cheating on my mom multiple times so I have one full biological brother and the rest of my siblings are half. My bio mother passed away in 2013 however I "ran away" at 15 where I went to Chicago and my older half sister adopted me. It's habit for me to call her mom but I will elaborate next time:). My dad claims they are married but I haven't talked to my father in years and there's just about no chance of me asking her peacefully, I always switch between wife and girlfriend depending on how much she's acting like a wife, right now she's the girlfriend cheating on my dad with her ex husband 🙂 I apologize for confusing things up for you guys. I'm glad to answer more questions if you guys have more
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-26)
I was thinking she mistyped 2016 instead of 2006 but Fairly Local was a 2015 song. Were you referring to Lorri as your mother? Is this your story? Thanks, Trinity, I hope you don't have DID 😯
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-25)
Hi Trinity,

I am also confused regarding your mention of a sister that is 6 months older. Is this a half sister or step sister? In your previous story, you stated in a comment that your dad has a girlfriend with kids, but didn't say they had married? Hoping you can clarify that.

Also, you mentioned in this story that you moved to California with your mother... But in your previous story you stated that your mother passed away when you were young? It all gets a bit confusing.

Hopefully, you can clear up the confusion. Thank you in advance. 😊

- Dee
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-25)
Hmmm yeah, this OP has come across as fairly genuine until this post. But this does raise quite a few red flags as pointed out by lady-glow. I do hope the OP gets back to us and can clear all this up as they have thus far spun a history of loss and abuse that would be fairly crass to have counterfeited. I want to believe trinity but there are definitely some questions that need to be answered.
rynne (69 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-25)
I stopped reading at that point to see if anyone had the same question. I too like lady-glow was wondering if the sister you lost was half sister.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-25)
"my sister who was older than me by 6 months passed away suddenly,"

I'm sorry for your loss but, obviously you are not talking about a biological sister, are you?

I got lost trying to understand the time frame for your experiences... In your previous story you said your mother passed away in 2013, and then your father's girlfriend moved in, but the current narrative suggests that your mother " decided we were to pack up and move back to California for the support of..." after your sister passed away in 2016.
I'm missing something? 😕

Anyway, my point is, was the dead sister Lorri's daughter? Otherwise, human gestation takes 9 months to complete.😏

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: