You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Operation - The Miracle Healer

Real Ghost Stories

The Operation - The Miracle Healer

 

This is the second part of my story (the first part is The Operation - Coma). I don't know if this could be considered as a paranormal experience. For me, this was nothing short of a miracle.

This happened once I came out of my coma, but was still bedridden with complications. A number of doctors visited me, prescribed numerous drugs, but nothing worked. A few even made things worse as it turned out, I was allergic. The allergic reaction filled my stomach with bile and became bloated. The pain was unbearable.

I was lying there, moaning with excruciating pain, not even able to move. Even my Mom stopped visiting as she couldn't take it anymore.

After a couple of days or so of lying in this state, I reached the end of my endurance. I was sobbing hard and praying to God to take me away from all of this. I asked Him to end it even if it meant that I had to die. I just didn't care at all.

Then something happened: the doctor, who had been my anesthetist during the operation, came to see me.

This was out of the norms for an anesthetist. They only stayed during the operation, did their stuff and saw that the patient had come out of anesthesia. After that, they just moved on to the next case. They were extremely busy, and they never ever (at least in that hospital) came to see a patient after an operation. In fact, even the nurses confirmed the same to me later.

This lady checked my medical records and then came and stood beside me. She told me she was sorry I was suffering so much. However, she assured me, it was going to be all right. She was stroking my hair and spoke in a voice that was so soothing that I stopped sobbing. Actually, her voice made a little of my pain go away. Let me tell you one thing: when you are in a LOT of pain, even a little of it going away makes a HUGE difference.

And she took charge. I couldn't take my eyes off her and trusted her absolutely. She had that kind of presence: calm and quiet but completely in control of everyone and everything. Even the nurses were standing at attention totally under her power.

First she injected a something into my saline drip. Then in that wonderfully soothing voice she told me I needed to swallow a tube with a sieve at the end. She said it was going to be hard for me, but I had to trust her and do as she requested.

Well, I did it because I trusted Her. (On a lighter note: Now I know what my devoted dogs feel about me after what I felt about her!)

Later, I was told they extracted an enormous amount of bile and foul gas from my bloated stomach. The medicine injected into the saline stopped the influx of bile into the stomach within hours. I started feeling good as soon as the toxic things started draining.

As long as I was in that terrible condition, she was constantly by my side. She was the one who went on injecting that drug into the saline and not the nurses. She was there throughout that critical 24 hours. And I was discharged 48 hours after that.

As soon as I was better, as soon as I sat up in bed, she was gone. I never saw her again.

Before being discharged, I asked the nursing staff about her. I wanted to thank her personally for what she had done singlehandedly for me. The nurses looked a little confused and told me they had only seen her in the hospital a few times and was not aware of her name. It turned out, she was not a regular anesthetist for that hospital.

After 9 years, I hardly ever think about what I had to go through. But I often think about this Miracle Healer who appeared out of nowhere. I regret not knowing her name, who she was. I never even thanked her for her selflessness. She didn't even charge me for her services.

Other hauntings by Realistic

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Realistic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

the22centuryboi (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-08)
Hello Realistic,

Well written again. But just as the skeptic I am, I believe these things can be explained naturally. Imagine, you were the anesthetist and say you just took a liking to a certain patient. Wouldnt you try to keep a tab on that patient and help the patient out?

Secondly, to support the above statement, maybe the anesthetist had prior experience with such cases and when you have the experience and the expertise why not help.

Thirdly, I am not trying to say what happened to you wasn't miraculous, but just trying to make sense of it. Alternative reasoning sometimes gives us an explanation to things we often attribute to the higher power.

That being said, it also can be that there was a guardian angel looking over you through one of the toughest times of your life.

Thank you so much for the experiences you shared with us.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-20)
Good heavens, Realistic! *hug* I am so sorry your family has had to go through so much - I hope those who have passed have found peace and that there are brighter days ahead for those of you left behind ❤
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-20)
Dear AugustaM,

It is really sad about the medical profession. I have known quite a few amazing doctors: my surgeon being one of them. In the monstrous hospital bill, my surgeon's fees were less than 10%. He could have charged more, as it was a major surgery, but he didn't.

About the "other kind of" doctors, I have another life shattering experience. Last year, My Mom was admitted for respiratory problems and a fever, nothing major. In a week, her fever went away, she got better, only a little spasm was detected in her lungs.

Also, for the last 4-5 months her potassium level was very high, and being laymen, we didn't realize that her kidney was acting up. We just trusted her doctor to do the right things for her. Like you mentioned, her doctor only went for the treatment, and not the root cause for curing her. He just gave some medicines for it.

Anyway, her doctor sent a consultant to see her for the cough still in her chest. This doctor, without going through her medical records, prescribed a sulpha drug, which she was allergic to. Later I consulted Google and found out that this drug should never been given to patients with kidney problems.

Within 2 hours her condition deteriorated. My brother was with her throughout the whole day. A kidney specialist had told her doctor to start dialysis immediately. 16 hours later, my brother kept calling her doctor why it wasn't done.

22 hours later, after that fatal drug was administered, she died of heart failure, with a potassium level that had gone through the roof. Her kidneys had stopped functioning.

She died on the day she was to be released.

I had to share this story. When in need, if we can't trust the ones who are in charge of our lives, then what else can we do? We all know that she is now in a better place, but the way she was "sent" there, is so not right.

In the process, the doctors did not only take a life, but they destroyed another life in that process. My Dad, an amazingly strong person, still haven't come to terms with this. He is just a shattered human being, who lost his companion of 56 years through medical malpractice.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+6
6 years ago (2018-09-19)
What a mindblowingly dreadful experience! No one should ever have to experience such an ordeal and, worse, have to pay through the nose for every poke, prod and mistake! Sadly, the medical system here in the states is just as corrupt and greed-driven. More emphasis is put on making an outrageous profit than caring for, much less curing, patients - after all, treatment is many times more profitable than a cure. And horror stories much like your own go on here as well - some of my own friends and family members have been victims... And I know at least one doctor who was a repeat offender over his long career - my mother, having been a nurse for almost forty years knows far more.

I hope one day, the medical community the world over wakes up and snaps out of it - decides to truly put patients over profit.
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
Melda and Lady-glow,

Sending lots of ❤ ❤ ❤ on your way.

Doing household chores and commenting in between does take its troll (sorry, toll!) 😜
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
Hi Haven,

Thank you for your response.

I do believe in angels too. Sometimes, I think, they use normal human beings as their vessels to do what they have to do.

It's nice to know that even you have had the healing touch from an unexpected source. Would love to read your experience if you ever submit your story.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
lady-glow - I must admit I was a little bit taken aback when I read that comment addressed to me but quickly realised Realistic had confused the two of us.

It doesn't faze me in the least, I wouldn't either object to being called lady-glow 😊. In any case, as we know, the troll is crazy about both of us 😆

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
Hello, Realistic - if anything, I feel flattered at you calling me Melda... Not sure about her, though.

I guess my doubts regarding your story have to do mostly with the medical practices at that hospital and, since this forum is about paranormal experiences, the only thing I have to add is that I'm glad you had a positive outcome after the, rather unorthodox, ways they treated you during your stay.

I'm looking forward to read the last part of your story.

Take care.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Hi Realistic -

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all this but I'm glad you made it out okay.

I believe that there are angels in this world, and that they are sent to help us in our time of need. I believe this doctor was one of those angels. I went through something similar (not the crappy hospital), I was ill and thought it was the end for me. I also received "help" from the most unexpected source. This made me a believer in angels and miracles. That's just my belief.
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
You are truly magnanimous, Realistic. I will read your next submission with a more open mind - though not as open as your wallet. You should have demanded a refund, or perhaps by paying her bill as well, you've earned yourself some major karma points.

Good to read that you have not been 'crippled' by that unfortunate hospital experience.

Regards
Apo
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Hey Aporetic,

There is no need to apologize. I didn't take any offense with your comments. You are entitled to your own opinion. What you wrote was totally all right with me. This site is, after all, for help/ discussions for what we have experienced.

Frankly, my story does look like a work of fiction. I assure you it is totally true.

You know, I am going to tell you another quirk from the hospital after reading your pea sized cotton ball charges. 😁

3-4 years later, I was cleaning out my old papers and I came across that 50+ pages of bill. Going through it I found 7 pages of somebody's bill tucked into mine. I had ended up paying for her too! 🙄

After this, I have been hospitalized twice with minor ailments. Each time I just sucked it up and went through it. So in a way, I have learned to overcome the fear for myself at least.

Again, thank you for your comments. You have read and commented on both my stories. Would request you to please read the last part and participate in the discussions with your honest opinion.
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Realistic, my apologies for misreading the partying comment. Also, I meant no offense with my comment, though it probably came across as such. It's so mind-blowingly difficult to wrap my head around what happened to you. And as I'd stated, It was good to read you recovered - but let me add, I hope you overcome your fear of hospitals. Perhaps people (you included) should complain about the level of service they receive, especially for the associated exhorbitant costs. And yes, even here in South Africa, we get billed for every little 'thing' used during our stay - right down to a pea-sized ball of cottonwool.

I hope you get to one day thank the anaethesist in person.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my comment.

Stay well.

Regards
Apo
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Dear Sushantkar,

How well have you described the practice in some niche in our country in a few choice words. I am sure each of us have such stories which involves people we know or have known.
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Hi BeautInside,

There are only a handful of people that I am glad to have come across. She is one of them. And my only regret is not thanking her in person. I know in my heart that she was heaven-sent.

Please keep a lookout. I will try to write the last part as soon as I can.
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Hi Sleeping-with-steve,

I am doing great now. Thank you for asking. ❤
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Sorry Lady-glow,

Typo error and addressing you as Melda.

Apologies to Melda too... 😳
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Aporetic,

It was the cleaning crew who was getting drunk at night and creating a ruckus. Their Union was so strong that no one could do anything about it.

I am sorry that you feel that way. I kept my story to the point and so there might arise questions for certain things to be clarified (this happens for nearly all stories submitted in YGS). I have only clarified those parts to posters who have had questions. To do that, I needed in-depth explanations. So you can see that there has to be some post submission explanations for some stories.

I have been a member of YGS for about 5 years. I have read stories where posters have asked questions but never got any replies. I have rarely posted outside my stories. But a lot of times, I had questions which though I never posted, a lot of other YGS members asked.

I really do not see how I can be interpreted as being being accusative of what happened. I only wrote my real time experience.

There was 1 nurse who was nice to me. She was the one who informed me about the conflict between the management and the union. This nurse was a ward nurse whose responsibility was the whole ward and not just me. When she came to take my BP and temperature (which wasn't everyday), she stopped for a few minutes to chat with me.

On a last note, what I experienced over there was not right. It created a phobia for anything related to hospitals. Even now I still get second thoughts about visiting any friend or relative who has been admitted.

I guess there are different ways to thanking a person. Writing this story and letting millions of readers know about her is my way of being thankful.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Dear Realistic,

First, I'd like you to know how sorry I am to know you went through so much pain.
I believe that some people are sent in our way for a reason. I call them "Heaven's sent". 😊
She must be one of those pure souls that have the mission to help others. I am very glad she helped you. ❤

I am writting this without reading any of the other comments, so I apoligise if I am repeating another opinion.

Please come back with the 3rd part soon! 😊
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Hello Realistic,

You poor thing. You've been to hell and back. I hope you're better now.

Take care and best wishes. SWS 😘 ❤ 😘
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Hi Melda,

Great to see some more questions from you. Like how you question an experience without being offensive.

About my condition: I was diagnosed with a chocolate cyst about the size of a baseball. This cyst made me anemic with a Hemoglobin count of around 5. I required blood infusion before as well as after my operation, 12 liters to be exact.

It was a routine laparoscopy. But during that they found out the cyst had hundreds of "roots" that had tied around all my organs. So they had to cut my abdomen and extract/ scrape every tissue of that cyst from my organs (as my doctor explained).

Also, hospitals in my city disregard any tests done by you which are not from their diagnostic centers. They try to reap you off with more and more and more (and some more) tests so your final bill will be to their benefit.

I don't know why, but they even made me go for an MRI too (expensive).

I was not bedridden before the operation. Just tired due to anemia. During that time, I had my headphones on at night with light music to help me sleep and relax. So I was not aware of the party that was going on every night.

The surgeon operated only in that hospital. I really had no other choice.
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Greetings, Realistic

I've pondered and read your narrative several times - holding back on commenting as I felt I just didn't have anything good to say.

After reading your subsequent comments, I'm more reluctant to accept your words at face value, especially the comment about nursing staff drinking and partying. Surely the stench of alcohol on their breath would have been detected (and reported) when the handover was done to the day staff in the morning. I find it difficult to believe only one nurse was dedicated to her patients. There's just too much contradiction, and post submission explanation and accusations to my liking.

Nevertheless, it is good to read that despite all that alleged mismanagement, lack of humanity, and failure of the nursing staff and doctors to perform their duties, that you've recovered. I would, however, think, thanking someone for saving your life far outweighs being 'creeped out' by visiting the hospital to convey your thanks.

Go well.

Regards
Apo
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Good Morning Mr. R,

Those incident were not negligence but shear piece of criminal offence. But I have to agree with you in some points that private hospitals do show such types of behavior especially in India where their are flaw in the system, in the law making which allow sick intention persons/organization to take advantages and to loot people in need.
That is also quite understandable that medical practice from last century had become a gigantic all-whether industry where nothing comes in charity not even a single niddle.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Realistic - thanks for replying to my questions though, to be honest, I got more questions after reading your answers.

Not meaning to be nosy but, what was your illness? I really don't understand the reason why you had to be "admitted 7 days prior to my operation for tests and blood transfusions".
Having worked at a hospital's laboratory I know most pre-surgery blood tests can be done to ambulatory patients and, according to your previous story, your surgery was supposed to be a " fairly small operation" gone bad once in the OR. Were you bedridden prior to the laparoscopy?

Furthermore, why would you required blood transfusions before your surgery?
According to the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, blood transfusions are performed to people who has lost blood during: an operation, after serious injuries, due to illnesses (severe infection, anemia, bleeding disorder).

Https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/blood-transfusion

Of course you don't have to answer my previous question. I just find it odd that they would keep you at the hospital for such a long time just for pre-op studies.

One thing is for sure, if it had been me, I wouldn't have waited for 7 days at that hospital after witnessing the parties and knowing about the conflict between the union with the management... I would have gotten out of there right away!
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Hi Melda,

It was my surgeon who had asked her if she could see me once.

What she did later, was her own decision.

I remember one thing; she was the one who pointed out to the nurses that vital medicines were not injected. The nurses actually were more attentive after that.

I guess she didn't put much faith in the nurses and so she did what she had to do. Even Matron came to see me at least 3 time a day after that.

It is quite interesting what you say about The Healer. I will definitely watch it soon.

Again, thank you for reading this part.
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Hi Sushantkar,

I really had a laugh when I read about the drama serials. My experience was nothing less!

I have tried to clarify a few things in my message to Lady-glow. Please reply if you need any more answers.

I remember asking one of the day nurses (the only one who treated me decently) before my discharge for the Doctor's details. I wanted to thank her personally. She was the one who told me about not knowing much about her. All she could say was that she only came to the hospital to the operation theater on and off.

I am sure I could have visited the hospital once I was better and get the details of the doctor. But frankly, thinking about going back to that hell-hole once more, creeped me out.

I will have to contradict you about one thing: about hospital panels.

Two of my close friends dads died post operation. They were in critical condition but their doctors/nurses/hospital really didn't care. One died because the nursing staff refused to administer oxygen, citing it was the job of an orderly. The other died because the doctor was more interested in doing a TV/ promotional show and was unreachable.

Both cases, no panel or emergency help was there to save them.
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Hi Lady-glow,

Why would I hate you if you are asking valid questions? After reading a story like mine, even I would be seeking for some validation.

I will try to clear a few things up if I can...

First of all, I will start of with the hospital. I chose it as it was one of the top 5 in the city. Sadly, when I was admitted, the union was in conflict with the management. It affected the smooth running of the hospital. So a lot of things were not all right.

I went into a coma because of the gross negligence of the nursing staff. They conveniently "forgot to inject" some vital medicines that were required. Moreover, when injecting drugs into my channel, they did it so fast that it made my veins/ arteries ache.

The nurses did not care about the patients in their ward. Ring the bell, and they answered after 15-20 minutes. Also, once I was out of the coma, my surgeon had to go abroad for a conference for a few days. The doctor in charge of his cases was really not into it. When I was in pain, I begged the nurses to make a call to my brother, and they didn't citing that only in case of an emergency, the family members were called (since I was a surgery patient, I was not allowed a mobile phone). In fact, I started screaming in my loudest voice, asking anyone, any patient in the ward, to lend me a phone: the nurses helped by closing my cabin's door to shut me up.

The lady doctor actually came to see me on a personal basis as she heard from one of the doctors that a patient of hers was still in the hospital. I know she didn't charge me because once I had to go through the 50+ A4 pages of hospital bill, I never saw any charges for any doctor on those days, only the medicines administered. However, there were multiple charges for doctors' visits to my cabin until the day before, doctors who came and saw and hmmmmmed and hummmmed and charged an arm and a leg for their "special visits".

Why she didn't write down those things, I really don't know. But when she was in the room, all 4 ward nurses would be in the room. They were going out of their way to hand over things to her which was strange, as only one of them would be in when a doctor visited.

I think I should also include something totally unbelievable that used to happen each night. I was admitted 7 days prior to my operation for tests and blood transfusions. So during this time, I was totally aware of my surroundings. What I experienced each night after 11 or so was quite scary.

I was housed in the female ward. Every night, the cleaning crews of the hospital had a drinking party at the edge of the ward and was loud and obscene until early morning. I know it is hard to believe, but my family became concerned and hired a personal nurse to stay with me at night.

I hope I have cleared up a few things. Please write if you need any more clarifications.

And, of course, thank you for reading my story.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+6
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Good evening (guessing) LG,

Why would somebody hate you when your quieres/questions are genuine? Cultural differences may differ place to place but it doesn't have anything to do with medical procedures which I think is followed in the same manner worldwide and it has no relations whatsoever with the culture of that country.

I also have some doubts that why no one remembered her? Did she consulted with the head Doctor before carrying out such procedure which you has mentioned in your post? Generally there are panel made by any hospital for handling critical cases, and generally all the decisions are taken there after thorough discussion. And I hope that decision of doing endoscopy was taken by that panne and not solely by that lady. Such independent sole decision (such life threatening one the author was suffering from) are generally seen taken in the Drama serials especially telecasted on Indian TVs 😂😂
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+6
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
Hate me if you want, but I have to ask some questions about your experience.

I imagine some memories must be blurry given the state you were at that moment but, I would expect for the lady anesthetist to, at least, write down whatever she did on your charts. Didn't she? What was the opinion of your head doctor after these findings?

Personally, even if this healer was very good at what she was doing, I find it highly improbable that she would act without consulting the medical team taking care of you, even worse since she wasn't part of the hospital's permanent personnel.

And she performed an upper GI endoscopy?!?! Are you aware if there was any laboratory tests before performing this procedure?

I find the following sentences not only confusing but contradictory:

"Even the nurses were standing at attention totally under her power."

AND:

" The nurses looked a little confused and told me they had only seen her in the hospital a few times and was not aware of her name."

Do you mean the memory of the healer tending to you was deleted from the nurses' minds?

"She didn't even charge me for her services"

Wouldn't it be up to the hospital to charge for the services provided by their personnel? Sorry, perhaps this is just a cultural difference and that's why I find it so odd.

Anyway, I'm glad you recovered of your ordeal.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+6
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
Even that anesthetist wasn't a regular one but still I think she used to call up by the hospital in emergency cases to provide extra assistance. Having said that I was bit confused reading that nursing staffs didn't even knew her name. That's quite strange 🤔
But I was happy that she ended your suffering through professional clinical procedures.

Thanks for sharing and waiting for your future submission 😊

Cheers!

Regards
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
Realistic - This lady was sent to you for a purpose. Perhaps they needed an extra anaesthetist on the day of your operation. I don't think this happened by chance but by design and I don't mean human design. Did you discuss this with your surgeon and if so, what did he/she have to say about it?

This lady is a very special healer. There was a programme on TV called The Healer. I think the guy's name is Charlie. He's an Australian who at some stage was travelling in the US. Perhaps he's still there. I don't know whether you ever watched that programme but he is an absolutely amazing human being.

Waiting for the next one!

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: