You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Little Boy Haunting my House

Real Ghost Stories

Little Boy Haunting my House

 

I suppose as a child, I never liked thrillers. I wasn't interested in ghost stories, and I wasn't interested in the paranormal. I grew up for the first 9 years of my life in a small trailer with my parents and siblings. We didn't have cable, so I rarely watched television. I also was not an avid reader, so I knew practically nothing about ghosts, or even what they were, really.

When I turned 12, we had been living in our new home for about 4 years. It was a new house, beautiful, and I adored it. I had also been getting strange feelings around the house, and it got to the point where I was scared to sleep with my door shut. It would be little things - such as when I was on the computer, I would feel as if someone was hovering over my shoulder watching me. Or, I would be out playing on the swing set with my sister and I would think she was saying something, but she wasn't.

By the time I was 13, I had begun to see something like a child sitting in the corner of my bedroom. My friends would get freaked out, and one time my friend went home without even staying the night. I was beyond confused, and I had no idea what was happening.

A few months before my 14th birthday, I was down in our basement watching TV. Now, my basement isn't one of those creepy basements with all the weird feelings or anything. My basement is, well, just a basement. I began to get a strange feeling - almost like someone had touched my arm to get my attention - and when I looked around, I caught a glimpse of a small boy.

I only told my best friend, Alloy, about this. She admitted to me that she already knew about it. I was surprised, and she told me that she'd seen him before, sitting in one of the corners of my room but had thought it was nothing to worry about and she didn't want to scare me. She told me that he was a young boy, with blonde hair. We kept quiet about it for months, only talking to each other about our experience with the little boy we nicknamed "Sammy".

On my 14th birthday, however, I realized that something strange was going on. "Sammy" began to appear more and more often, always in my room, the basement, or the kitchen. I wasn't really scared, because so far nothing had happened to scare me. I got startled easily, but being startled isn't the same as being frightened.

I had a birthday party at my house that year, and there was a good 25 kids running around. The whole time I had a very strange feeling, and most of the party was spent in the living room. Alloy told me at one point during the party that she couldn't find one of the girls that had came.

Reluctantly, I left the living room to search around for her. I didn't want to leave everyone because I felt like a rude host. When I found the girl coming down the stairs, however, she had a large grin on her face and seemed completely at ease. The weird feeling left.

Several months later, I was at a slumber party with Alloy, the girl, and our friend Rae. We were all lounging around on the floor, sharing stories. At one point I complained about my sister, and mentioned how I was glad that I only had one brother and two sisters.

The girl, I'll call her Bee, looked startled, and inquired on if I had another brother. Alloy and I had exchanged looks, and told her no, the only brother I had was a year younger. Bee had gone pale, and frantically asked, "Are you sure? You don't have a little brother?" By now, Alloy and I had begun to fit the pieces together, and Alloy asked her to describe the boy.

Bee told us that he looked about 7 or 8, with blonde hair a shade darker than mine, with blue eyes that matched mine exactly. She told us he was in a pair of old overalls, and she had been talking to him during our party. Alloy and I remained quiet, and Rae looked confused. Rae told her, "No, she doesn't have any little brother that age..." Bee looked confused enough to cry, and I'd asked her what she talked to him about.

Bee told us that she had gone upstairs to use the bathroom, and on her way back downstairs, the little boy was sitting on the steps, watching her. She had sat beside him, and asked him how he was. He had smiled at her, and they both talked about his dinosaur toy, and that he was really happy that day. Bee has asked him if he was happy that it was my birthday, and he'd told her yes.

Bee had left to go get a drink when she walked by me, and wound up staying with the rest of us in the living room the entire time, and didn't see the boy again. She had assumed my father had put him to bed.

When Bee finished telling us about the little boy, Alloy and I told her about "Sammy" and that there was a possibility that she had come into contact with him.

Years later, I still catch glimpses of him around our house, but nothing to the extent where I can fully see him like Bee has. Alloy has seen him a couple times, but I normally only see him when I'm very depressed, or I call out for him.

All in all, I'm curious about why "Sammy" is hanging around our house. He doesn't seem to wish harm to anyone (besides one incident that happened last spring) so I can't help but wonder why he hasn't moved on.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vogue, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
Well said, BriFischer! I wish I was as objective and diplomatic as you.

Cheers!
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Vogue,

I don't think it is anyone's place to say whether or not your story is true. A word of advice however, be more concise and detailed about your story so that you're not leaving any doubts in any of the readers heads. Peace be with you.

Brian
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Huendchen, I see what you mean, right, sorry. I don't know how such a stupid thing happened. I still don't quite believe the story, mixed up or not. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out, I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that!
huendchen (49 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
Bellissima you're confusing two separate stories from two different people.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Hi Vogue,
There is just something fuzzy about the edges here. I feel as if there is something just out of the reach of my fingertips and no amount of toe stretching is getting me any closer to this one.
What was the incident from last Spring that you mentioned in your story that made you think that he meant to harm someone?
Thank you.
FUNNYLAUGH (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
he doesent mean any harm!
but who could he be?
has anyone lived in that house before?

xxx ❤ funnylaugh
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Voque," he doesn't seem to wish any harm besides one incident last spring" ?!
Anyone would be alarmed in your place. What makes you feel so casual about it? If this is the spirit of a dead somebody who lived on the property prior to you he obviously wishes some sort of connection to your family. On the other hand, what if you have brought him with you ? If I were you I would sit down and talk it over with my parents, see what they have to say about it. I was also troubled with your calmness very much, like Bellissima but I wish to ask you another question as well. What did you mean when you said he had the same eyes as you ? Did he look like you?
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
vogue, I have a few doubts about this story. I believe you have told it the way you see it but something doesn't sit right with me. I could be off on this, you claim it was a new house and you adored it but you got strange feelings from it. You should have been concerned about things, such as the heartbeat coming from the T.V. But you just brushed it off. In the same room you had the experience in the closet and still you're not concerned. You didn't ask Bee anything when you saw her on the stairs or speak to her. Why was he so interactive with her, a stranger, when you were there every day? It took you 2 years to decide something strange was going on. Maybe I am wrong about all of this, it's possible he was attached to the land but that doesn't explain why he seemed so modern in appearance. This doesn't ring true to me.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
He may be lost or frightened. Sometimes when children that age pass away, they do not know how to accept this fact. They stay on this plane searching for what they had and need in life. They search for family, friends, love and a routine.

Even if you can not fully see him any longer, if you feel he is still there, you need to tell him to cross over. Tell him he will see family and friends there. Tell him there is no pain there, only love, and happiness and joy, playing and laughing. Tell him there is no reason to be afraid and to go to the light.

I will say some prayers for him also, how sad for a child to be so alone and scared,

God Bless~!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: