You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Room 201

Real Ghost Stories

Room 201

 

The story happened in Vietnam last 2013, I'm from Philippines and was expatriated to Vietnam. Our company was located at Binh Duong province part of Ho chi Minh City. Since I don't want any hassle going to work daily, I decided to stay near to where I work.

We found a nice house to stay. The house was located in almost at the center of the city proper, near the malls, grocery stores, bars and restaurants. So, it's not a quiet and boring place.

During the first 3 months staying at house everything was normal. Good ambience, cold AC, water is good, everything is perfect. Then one normal night came, I was alone in the house and doing normal things that I did. I was watching some movies and suddenly I heard a crying lady. At first I thought it came from outside the house, but the sound is getting louder and nearer. I ignore it first because I don't really believe on those things. Then fortunately the crying disappear.

Days came and the experienced never happened again, until one stormy night and I was again alone in the house. I was in my room trying to sleep. I have fallen asleep, then I have this dream that someone is trying to cover my face, I cannot recognize who it was or is it a boy or a girl. Then fortunately I have opened my eyes and woke up. Nobody was in the room, so concluded that it was just a dream. I was scared and couldn't sleep, so I decided to turn on my MP3 and played some music. When I was about to sleep (half sleep, half awake), someone was coming and approaching my location and it's clear that it's a lady wearing a long white gown. I couldn't recognized her face and she's trying to cover my face again in a way that I couldn't breathe. It felt like I was paralyzed, fortunately I have gained my consciousness. But when I woke up the music was still playing but I couldn't understand the lyrics. The melody was familiar but the lyrics is different. I just then realized that the music was played reversed. After realizing the situation I immediately run outside the house without hesitation and anything in my mind. I called a friend living nearby and ask him to stay with them for a night.

After that night, I decided to transfer to another house. While I was loading my things to the cab, a local and a neighbor approached me. I told them that I'm transferring, because of the experienced that I had. Then they told me a very scary story that have happened in the house. They told me that the daughter of the owner of the house committed a suicide 3 years ago, and they often see daughter's ghost at my room's balcony.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rapmans, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-07)
Hi rapmans, a fellow Filipino here. I am also curious about the song played in reverse. What song is that? Maybe I know that.

Also, you mentioned that "they often see daughter's ghost at my room's balcony", do you have any idea as to why she had committed suicide? Did the neighbor shared any background story? And why did she try to cover your face so you can't breathe? Do you think, perhaps, you look like an ex she's trying to kill? LOL:D (just a thought haha)
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-03)
Hi rapmans:)

I do think that you might want to look into sleep paralysis and hypnagogia, which very well might explain some of what you experienced--but not all of it. The fact that something terrifying was happening and you couldn't move is very typical of SP (sleep paralysis), and hypnogagia will often make strange things seem to happen, including hearing things.

BUT whether the backwards music can be hypnagogic really depends a lot. How quickly would you say you got out of there? Did you have enough time to fully register that you were awake once you got up, or did you just bolt out the door as soon as you were able? (Not that I'm blaming you, by the way, because that's what I would have done haha)
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-10-30)
Thanks for replying Rapmans. I've heard of music and songs being played in reverse before and I always had that question. As a child I would hear that some of my favorite rock songs had a satanic message when played in reverse. My mom would believe that and warn her kids about hearing that music. I remember my siblings tried playing them that way once when my parents were out, it didn't work.
rapmans (1 stories) (1 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-10-30)
Hi All,

Thanks for the comments. To haven, the song that was playing that time was a common mellow Filipino song (soft and calm). That is why it was easy for me to know that it was played reverse.
To melda, I was also wondering why they always have those clothes with, maybe I think its because it was the dress they wore during their funeral.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-10-30)
Rapmans - Good thing you moved. I wouldn't have hung around either to figure out who or what the entity was.

Strange thing in a lot of paranormal instances - the long white dress or nightgown, no matter the age of the spirit. I wonder why? I think I'd like to entertain the living humans more and appear as a funky grandma! Okay, I'm being silly, no offence intended Rapmans.

Regards, Melda
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-29)
Hi Rapmans -

Thanks for sharing your story. I have a question. How did you know the song was playing in reverse? Were you hearing full words and phrases in different order or was it all unintelligible?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: