You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Bold Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Bold Ghost

 

I should start by saying, this was not my first ghost experience, however, it was my most profound and definitive.

My story starts in the summer of 2005. I had just turned 18 and graduated from high school. At the time my days consisted of working my job at the pizza place and spending almost all my free time with friends, as most kids do at that age. So when my boyfriend at the time, Dave suggested I moved in with him I couldn't of been more excited. It would mean independence for me.

The apartment was SMALL. One bedroom, a bathroom and a kitchen/living room area. My boyfriend had gotten a great deal on the place 300$ a month, as our friends father owned the building and we would be living there during construction. I'm not really sure what the history of the building was before, but my friend's father guessed it was somewhere from 80-100 years old or so. Ours was one of only a few units in the structure which was more like a house.

Flash forward to a few weeks in and we were having some friends over, having a little bit of booze and enjoying our freedom, but nothing too out of hand. There were four of us, myself, my friend Jackie, Dave, and his friend James. We had played some cards and walked around showing our friends the unfinished "creepier" parts of the building.

I can recall the basement feeling odd when we went downstairs and my friend Jackie also commenting something along the lines of feeling watched. We sort of shrugged it off and went upstairs to my apartment and put on a movie in the bedroom.

Jackie was laying on a couch I had in my room and James was on the floor on a blow up mattress, with Dave and I on the bed. We were all fairly tired at this point so the room had gone quiet. I was just starting to close my eyes when I noticed a dark shape out of the corner of my eye in the left, upper corner of the room. I focused in on it, straining to see what it was in the now dark room. At first I assumed that it was shadows being thrown from the television, but it still rattled me enough that I reached behind me and flipped on the light switch. When I turned on the light the dark shape was gone so I assumed that I had been right. But before shutting the light off I started to ask aloud "does anyone else..." I couldn't even finish before Jackie blurted out " See that sh*t on the ceiling?!"

Feeling even more frightened now that someone else in the room acknowledged this, I waited about 15 minutes before shutting the light off. Another 10 minutes or so went by and just as before I was just beginning to let myself fall asleep, when I felt the overwhelming feeling of being watched. My eyes immediately shot to the corner where I had seen the shape, and sure enough, there in the corner was a dark, what now appeared to be moving, black mass. I shot up out of bed and flicked the light on. And to my shock and horror this time, the mass stayed.

Now with all the lights on the shape was clearly visible to me. It was what I can only describe as a black swirling cloud with small tendrils like smoke coming off of all sides of it, round-ish if I could even call it a shape at all. It seemed to move and swell like the way water or smoke moves and almost had a vibration around it. It was was a hazy black mist although its center appeared solid. At this point every single one of us was seeing the same thing exclaiming our fear out loud.

It was then that the figure started to slowly move along the top of the wall, picking up speed and going from corner to corner. I have never been so scared in my life. We all ran to the center of the room and huddled together, petrified by what was happening.

I began saying a prayer because it was the only thing I could think in the moment. So I said the Lord's prayer and as I was it seemed to get faster and faster, it moved so quickly now you could barely keep up with it. This went on for just about three minutes. Then just as mysteriously as it appeared, it traveled around the room one last time and sucked up into the crack above the closet door and disappeared. Needless to say we were all shaken to the core and did not sleep that night or turn off the light.

I am now 32 years old. Jackie and I are still friends and we still talk about this experience everytime we see one another. I also had other experiences after this initial experience and will probably submit more of my stories with this apartment. Not one single day goes by that I don't think about this spirit and what happened to me there. It has profoundly affected me. Whatever had presented itself to us that night was a bad energy. You could feel it, and my other experiences would prove it further down the line.

Later, while fixing the bathroom wall (the wall shared with our bedroom) paper crosses were found stuffed inside the wall. Still not sure why, but most likely some kind of protection? Had this happened before? I eventually moved, and me and my boyfriend at the time went our separate ways. I never spent another day in that place by myself ever again. Anyways, thanks for reading my story if anyone has a similar experience feel free to reach out! Stay spooky and peace and love!

Caity

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kitcait121, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dar77 (10 stories) (64 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-16)
I really enjoyed your story! I think I would have moved out immediately after your first experience. The crosses in the wall suggest that it was evil and meant harm. I look forward to reading more about this apartment.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-05)
That would scare me so much! 😨 I would be praying as hard as I could too. Seems as though someone put those crosses there for protection, never underestimate the power of prayer. ❤
finchbear (1 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-28)
You're probably remembering the crosses from church Kitcait121. They look like the crosses they pass out in churches for Palm Sunday. Scary experience!
Kitcait121 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-28)
several other things happened to me at this place. At times you could hear a full conversation between a man and a woman. Loud enough we could hear them through the walls. You could never make out what was being said and upon investigation there would be nobody there. It was to the point my boyfriend slept with one of those weighted baseball bats beside the bed. We thought these were real people, that's how loud this was. You could hear the construction equipment move in the basement below us almost every single night. Nothing was ever stolen and always in the same place when we entered the rooms the noise was coming from. Was also grabbed on the back of my neck while hiding under covers. Got so cold once saw my breath in my bedroom after losing power randomly... In July, WHILE WATCHING STEVEN KING "ROSE RED"! LOL anyways tons of weird stuff there.
Kitcait121 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-28)
Hi rsachick, thanks for reading and commenting. To answer your questions, I did a Google search just to see if I could find out a specific name and it looked like what is called an African palm cross so you can see what I'm talking about. And three maybe four were found in total. And I had seen something similar before when I was young but I can't place the memory, possibly at church?
RSAChick (115 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-27)
Hi Kitcait121, very scary experience!

I have some questions about the paper crosses. What did they look like exactly? Have you seen anything like these before? How many crosses?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: