You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Brothers Late Night Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

My Brothers Late Night Encounter

 

This story is from my two older brother's experience when they were in their freshmen years of college and it happened maybe around 2013.

Both of my brothers and their former girlfriends were going to a friend's house who lives near the city. There are two separate roads that leads to the city, one was shorter and quicker while the other was the exact opposite. Being reckless and young they decided to take on the long route to the city. Now, this road is extremely scary since there are no houses on the side of the road but there's a funeral home there, it was pretty dark too since it was past midnight (close to 1 am), and the road barely has light posts. Nobody uses it much after midnight.

They were being a little loud on that road, blowing their motor's horns and laughing as they talk to each other. Though their gf's weren't very happy with it because they feared it might irritate the spirits that lives in the area - and maybe they were right. When they passed by a small bridge, there was a light post at the end of it and underneath the light a black mist formed from the ground and shaped up to what they claim to look like grim reaper but without his scythe, the thing floated on the air and there were no visible feet or anything underneath its black cloak.

Without any other word, they bolted out of the bridge at high speed, they checked their side mirror and the thing wasn't there anymore. They were relieved for that, until it appeared right behind my eldest brother's back and his girlfriend started to cry.

My second brother blew his horn, and the thing suddenly appeared behind him, he and his girlfriend were so petrified they froze and just stared at the side mirror and watched as it moved its 'arm' to my brother, he was so scared when he saw a bone hand reaching out for him. They didn't know what to do and all they could think of was try not to die. They spotted another light post ahead of them, they prayed it would go away as they sped up towards the light. And when they got there, the thing vanished.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, weabooghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-03)
Well, Travis, the idea of this site is to provide a place where people can publish and discuss REAL paranormal experiences... Every now and then a story rolls in that passes belief; and then we discuss it. And yes, they are usually funny.
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-03)
WTF? I think that some of these stories are not real. This one is funny tho.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-09-02)
lady-glow - I'm having a giggling fit. Imagine seeing the grim reaper without any underwear? The mind boggles 😲

Regards, Melda
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-01)
Maybe there were ghosts or spirits there that felt disrespected and they wanted to scare them away for good!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-09-01)
"look like grim reaper but without his scythe, the thing floated on the air and there were no visible feet or anything underneath its black cloak."

... It would have been horrific to see the Grim Reaper's underwear! 😨
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-09-01)
lady-glow - Seems that there were two vehicles. Communicating telepathically or via mobile? The former appeals to my adventurous spirit.

In actual fact I don't believe it was either. Very loud and hooting - high over the clouds perhaps 😆

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-01)
Melda - I wish he could, at least, clarify if the brothers were in two vehicles or just in one...
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-09-01)
weabooghost - Very strange. Not prepared to participate in a discussion? Vivid imagination maybe or perhaps a porkie? 😕

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-08-26)
Would you be willing to answer some questions about your story?
Otherwise, the only thing I have to say is that there's few holes in it.

... Just my opinion. 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: