You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Bold Return Of Unwanted Company

Real Ghost Stories

Bold Return Of Unwanted Company

 

I am going to share with you all yet another one of my Sleep Paralysis experiences. Just a few weeks ago I wrote about Possible Poltergeist Activity when I returned to an unexplained messed up bedroom. I still haven't figured out what has caused this and I thank anyone who commented on this story. I googled my house but could not find any history about the land.

Just last night, I was tired but having trouble getting off to sleep. I actually felt frustrated with myself for not being able to doze off as I had been very tired all day. After much tossing and turning, an overwhelming fear came over me. I immediately knew I was going to suffer from the usual symptoms of Sleep Paralysis. I have taught myself how to deal with this -take deep breaths, think happy thoughts. I even began to sing to myself. This was not helping to alleviate the great sense of fear I had. Then all of a sudden, I started to feel shivers up and down my spine. It was not cold last night as we have hit Spring time here and the weather has been very mild. In fact, today all of my work colleagues were commenting on how warm it was last night. At the time, I passed this feeling off, thinking I might be coming down with flu or something. Then what happened next really frightened me.

I heard footsteps running fast up the stairs (everyone was in bed and we have no kids/animals in our house). It was very late at night. I was not asleep but my eyes were still closed (I was too scared to open them) but my heart racing. The fast, thudding footsteps stopped outside my bedroom door. I lay there scared that my door was going to open but it didn't. There were a few minutes of silence and I think I must have dozed off at this point. Then I heard a voice ask me boldly inside my head, "Are you not happy sleeping here?". I was taken aback and answered it back inside my head, "what sort of question is that?!" I thought it was being rude to me. This was my God damn room after all and it had no business interrupting my sleep. I laugh to myself when I think back on this bit now. It didn't answer me. I can't remember if the voice was male or female but it sounded so distinct and clear. I then fell asleep but woke again to feel something heavy lying on top of me. I clearly remember kicking my legs up to try and get it off as if fighting with an invisible force. I also experienced more OBEs when I tried to get back to sleep. I felt myself project forwards out of my body even though I was lying on my side at this stage. I know this will sound scary but I could feel myself stop breathing as if I was dying. I was just thinking to myself - "this is it". I felt like I was giving up the fight against whatever it was. I didn't see any "visions" during this episode of SP. I had my eyes closed the whole time as one time before I saw a figure and an evil face when I did have the courage to see what was happening.

When I woke this morning, I felt very disturbed by what had happened and couldn't stop thinking about it all day. I really hope the same thing doesn't happen tonight. I am just wondering if my last "Poltergeist" story and the Sleep Paralysis experiences are in some way connected. Your opinions would be very much appreciated in this matter.

Other hauntings by EMMA-M

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EMMA-M, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EMMA-M (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
Hi Thanks for your comments

Pjod - I see where you're coming from with this theory. I have been to see a doctor about my SP as I was getting so fed up with it. He told me about the hypnagogic hallucinations - both audial and visual that can occur. He agreed with me that they can seem very realistic and frightening. But what I would love to know is why I have this impending sense of fear before this happens. It really felt like something was in the room with me. The sound of footsteps started from the outside of my room and I wasn't really asleep at this stage. Maybe it was just coincidental.
Scrapmetalkitten - That's such a good idea. I would love to research the history of this house. I know there were houses built before on the land but they had to be knocked down as the land was too marshy and they were sinking into the ground. The previous occupants of the house are still alive. In fact the woman is my friend's doctor. Apparently her sister committed suicide but not in this house. Mum also suffers from SP and for some reason thinks it's this woman's sister who is haunting our house. She always mentions this whenever I talk about my experiences. But I personally think it has no connection. Looking back I think the voice I heard the other night was that of an old woman. It was quite shaky but very clear to me. Also one night I thought I heard a similar voice call my name before I dozed off.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
If you want to look up land history, then contact your local historical society. Especially coming from the UK there could be a lot of history on that spot. Old maps can come in quite helpful as well of the area. Just a few suggestions. The internet hasn't been around that long, and a lot of old history has not been uploaded onto it.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
not to make light of your experience... But I recall my one and only SP... I lay there, trying to wake up and get out of bed... I was hearing what sounded like a large metal cylinder rolling around my kids room, with the sound of my two boys playing. I was finally able to get out of bed, only to find the boys asleep in their beds, with no metal cylinder...so, I realize what I heard was not real. It seemed very real at the time, and I believed my kids to be in some sort of danger. Perhaps what you heard, also, was not real? Just a though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: