You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunting

 

One day I bought a 3 bedroom house for my son and myself to live in. I was divorced and raising my son alone. At the time my son was about 8 years old. The house was nice with a pool. I used one bedroom for my office. It had a hall and 2 bathrooms. After about a month or so, I started hearing the toilet flush. It would do it quite often. I thought that's weird since no one else was in the house but me. My son was at school. So one day when it flushed, I looked in the toilet and the water wasn't moving. It happened every day. There was just the sound of the toilet flushing, that's all. I called a plumber and asked him if it is possible for a toilet to make a flushing sound. He said not unless you live in an apartment.

One day I was doing my chores when I heard a 'clicking' sound. Like a light switch being turned on and off. It would go click-click. The sound came from my kitchen. So I went to my kitchen. Then the clicking sound went into the hall. I ran to the hall. Then the sound went into my living room. I ran into my living room. Then the sound came from my kitchen again. I ran into the kitchen. This 'thing' had me running all over the place. It went click-click. Just then my phone rang. I answered the phone and I noticed that the 'thing' just 'clicked' in the hall while I was on the phone. It didn't move around. All the time I was on the phone it just kept 'clicking'. But it got louder. It kept clicking louder and louder. When I ignored it, it went 'click-click' real loud. Then nothing. It was silent. I knew then that I had been playing with a Spirit. I was scared.

I had the house just about 6 months and I decided to sell it. That was quite an experience. I had never lived in a haunted house before. But I will never forget it. I talked to a minister about it and he said it had been a Demon. Scary stuff.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surferwoman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-09-17)
It has been my experience that most ministers/priests/rabbis, etc, when told about a haunting will almost always paint a preternatural bent to the occurrence. It does not surprise me that your minister saw demonic activity as the root cause. As for your sake, I do not know and feel unqualified to make a distinction as to whether this was an evil act or not. In any case, it seems everything came out okay for you which is always good to read.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-09-17)
I am with Melda - I don't get a "definitely demon" read from this experience either. It sounds more like even an elemental to me. It seemed to have offered neither menace nor harm but rather an almost childlike playfulness.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-09-16)
I liked your story.
My sister is the type that tends to name anything paranormal the work of a demon.
Her religious beliefs don't allow for anything else.
I don't believe things in the world are so cut and dried.❤
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-09-16)
I used to hear something like that in the master bathroom of the house I lived in when I was seventeen.
I also would hear the water going full blast in the sink in that bathroom.
When I would check it out, the faucet would be off but water would be everywhere.
I was on the phone once with a friend and someone at the end of the house mocked me when I answered the phone. It wasn't my voice and I was alone.
Nothing bad ever happened though. I thought they just wanted attention.
MichaelW (3 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-09-16)
It sounds too playful to be a demonic entity, at least one of any strength. A trickster is usually either a poltergeist or a human spirit trying to get attention. This is assuming its actually paranormal. Strange things happen apart from the supernatural.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-09-16)
Surferwoman - Unfortunately far too many people are super quick to label anything supernatural as a demon.

Firstly, if that had been a demon it would have been a whole lot more scary. In my opinion you were being visited by either an attention seeking mischievous spirit or one which was trying to attract your attention for a totally different reason, eg it might have been unable to find the path to its ultimate destination. In other words, it needed help crossing over.

Blessing the house, according to your religious beliefs, might have done the trick. There are also cleansing methods to help a lost spirit or send an offending one on its way. Look at Rookdygin's page for a very good method. I have used his method myself, as have many others members on this forum.

No, that was no demon.

Regards, Melda
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-15)
That is strange and scary! 😳 I would have sold that house too. I lived in a haunted house here in Oregon for 3 years. I was glad when we moved. Thanks for sharing your story.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-15)
Hello Sufergirl,

I used to be scared too. As time goes by I've become stronger.

Do you think a deceased relative or friend was trying to communicate with you?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Best wishes,
Miandra

😘 ❤ 😘

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: