You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Rattles & Drums

Real Ghost Stories

Rattles & Drums

 

At the end of October 2018 I began having some bizarre experiences at night. As I lay in bed my feet would get grabbed, shaken or slapped. I would also be touched on other areas of my body including being shaken by the shoulder and groped sexually. This activity occurred for about two weeks and then stopped. I then purchased a digital camcorder with infra-red night vision to film the foot of my bed at night to see if I could capture anything unusual.

It was the end of November when I acquired the camera and promptly started recording at night. When I first started to review the footage I noticed what looked like orbs that would glide around from time to time. Although I found these interesting, I'm not really sure what these are since they could possibly be flying insects or dust flurries, or they could be spirit orbs, I just can't say for sure.

What caught the attention of my husband and I was these strange sounds that showed up on the audio. The first three quarters of the recording was accompanied with the sound of a rattle. This rattle sound would seem to follow a particular pattern and stop for a few seconds and then start again. After about three quarters of the way through this initial 30 minute recording, a banging sound became audible.

This banging sound seemed to follow the same pattern as the rattle, playing for a few seconds and then pausing for a few seconds and repeating. To my husband and I, it sounds like Native American drumming and rattles.

Now, I've been having out of body travels now for most of my adult life and once as a child, and in my more recent travels, I've come to notice certain familiar people that I would often come across or even see in my room.

One of these familiar people is what appears to be an old Native American man. When my husband heard the recording for the first time, he said that it sounded Native American so I began researching local Native American history. I learned that the Native Americans in this region are referred to as the Kumeyaay, and as I was browsing their website I came across a photo of an old man, and I instantly recognised him as the man that I've seen in my room and other locations. His name is Cinon Duro Mataweer and he died in 1910. He was a tribal leader, medicine man and tribal shaman.

I've been recording in my bedroom at night and in other parts of the house and the rattles and drums show up in every recording. They also vary. There was a time when the pattern or melody changed, when the recordings are short, about 10 minutes or so, the drumming sound still starts about three quarters of the way in.

There were some times when the drumming was already in progress. There have been other sounds as well. Sometimes you can hear the sound of some kind of whooshing sound, like a rock in a sling or something cutting the air. There has also been the sound of some kind of flute. Also embedded within all this you can hear what sounds like whispering. Sometimes you can almost make out a few words that sound like English; however, most of the time it is indiscernible.

I will try and share some of these recordings on this website if possible. I've asked the webmaster how to go about doing that. I believe I have something very significant here.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LottiTheSeer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LottiTheSeer (1 stories) (4 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-15)
Thanks silverthane61 for your comment and I'm trying to find out how I can upload and share some of these audio clips.
LottiTheSeer (1 stories) (4 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-15)
Hello Cherubim, and thank you for your comment and question. Yes I've researched the history of the house and I've researched the Native American history of this area.
I found out that the Native Americans that inhabited this area are known as the Kumeyaay. It was when I was researching the Kumeyaay on their website that I ran across the photo of Cinon Duro Mataweer, and realised that this is the man I've seen in my room and other locations in some of my astral travels.
As for the drums, I also wondered if they were residual however they are all slightly different, sometimes forty-five minutes of rattles and then drums, and sometimes drums only. Sometimes there are other sounds, sounds of some sort of flute or wind instrument, sometimes it sounds like he's spinning the rattle, and sometimes there are what sounds like whispers, words being said or repeated.
I've also heard what sounds like gunshots, my husband says they sound like black powder. I've asked the good people at YGS how I can possibly upload and share some of these sample clips so you all can hear for yourself and I can maybe get some feedback on what others think it sounds like. Thanks again for your comment and question. One more thing, yes getting my feet grabbed and slapped did indeed scare the crap out of me.
LottiTheSeer (1 stories) (4 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-15)
Hi Biblio and thanks for your comment. I agree with you and I do not believe Cinon is responsible for the sexual attacks, I also think he would be more likely to be a protective entity and I hope that is the nature of his presence.
I would like to upload and share some of these recording samples so people can hear for themselves what this sounds like.
So if there's a way for me to share some of these please let me know. Thanks again for your comment.
LottiTheSeer (1 stories) (4 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-15)
Hello and thank you for your warm welcome and for everyone who commented. This is the first feedback I've received on this topic aside from people I spoke with face to face.
lady-glow, thanks for your question. The first time I experienced an OBE was when I was very young and that happened spontaneously, from my teen years to now there has always been intent on my part to leave the body, except for a few times when I had the sensation of being pulled out.
As far as research, I've done an awful lot of it trying to piece this all together and the bottom line that I keep returning to is, positive and negative energy as a frequency vibration. This high or low vibratory frequency is connected to your emotions, your thoughts, and your intent.
So your emotions, thoughts, and intent will determine what environment you find yourself in, so controlling my fear, in the face of darkness and learning to raise my vibratory frequency through positive thought and intent, I've been able to escape some scary situations.
There has been times when I've struggled, when my fear took over and I tried to fight physically however this just fed this entity and that just gave it more strength. Sometimes I return to my body and wake up.
A medium once told my Mother that I had an attachment, this was when I was 18 and dealing with some issues. Looking back over my life, the possibility of having a parasite makes sense. I think that my spiritual growth and positive changes within myself might be making it harder for this entity to feed off my energy, and maybe I've got a guardian in Cinon Mataweer Duro as well. Thanks again for your comments and questions.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2019-12-14)
Greetings, LottiTheSeer, and welcome to YGS.

From what I've learned of assorted Native / American Indian cultures, the use of drums often signifies an event or a ritual of great significance. As you've seen at least one Native American in your astral travels, the drums may be a residual effect from his awareness of being on a spiritual walk or quest; that is to say, *he* expects to hear the drums, therefore they are audible. This would partially explain why some of your audio recordings suggest that the drums started *before* you began recording.

*IF* the individual you identified as 'Cinon Duro Mataweer' is indeed the entity you've seen --and he has not reacted to you in either a hostile or a defensive manner-- I'd suggest that he's participating in a ritual that is protecting you & your family from harm. As he was a medicine man in addition to being a tribal leader, his first concerns would be the welfare of people and the preservation of the natural world. I would further suggest (also based upon your initial identification of this spirit) that he is *not* the entity responsible for the uncomfortable & inappropriate behavior you've experienced. This other, offensive entity may be why he seeks to protect you on a regular basis.

These are just ideas based upon your (tentative) identification of the individual you've seen repeatedly. I look forward to hearing the recordings from your night-cam.

Best,
Biblio.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-14)
Have you ever researched the place where you live? WOW! 😲 I can't imagine having my feet grabbed while sleeping. The orbs are fascinating, I've seen them too. It sounds like Native Americans once lived where you are. I wonder if the drums you hear are residual? It would be fascinating to hear those recordings, I think you are on to something as well.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-13)
Fascinating! The Native Americans predate all of us so their hold on the land possesses greater spiritual power - whether the energies are intelligent or residual. Please keep us updated and I look forward to hearing your recordings.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-12)
Hello Lotti and welcome to YGS.

Your experience is fascinating.

"I've been having out of body travels now for most of my adult life"

Do you have any control over these travels or do they occur spontaneously? Regardless, it would be a good idea to research a way to protect yourself during these experiences. It is possible that an unwanted and negative energy has crossed a threshold using you.

Looking forward to listen to those recordings.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: