You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Fistfight With A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

A Fistfight With A Ghost

 

I joined the Army fresh out of high school and since then lived in dozens of places and this has happened in only 1 place. Huntertown, Indiana. I was living in a 2 story townhouse. And I lived alone. Well at night from time to time I could feel something petting me. More like stroking my back. My neck down my back, always my neck and down my back. And whatever was touching me was touching me so hard I would wake up. I thought it was a serial killer that broke in and was petting me so it could savor the moment before they made their killing blow. I would wake up and would open my eyes but would lay very still to see if I could still feel it, and I could so I knew I wasn't dreaming it. I would flip over real fast and there was nothing there. This happened several times. The touch was cold and made my body tingle wherever it touched me. I eventually spoke to my mom and stepdad about things and my friends and they all thought I was dreaming. But I knew I wasn't. Well 1 night it happened again and this time as soon as I woke I flipped over and there was a man standing there next to my bed.

He was there just standing there. I couldn't make out his features. But his frame in the moonlight was unmistakable. So I let out this spine chilling scream that woke the neighbors. I jumped out of bed and started swinging on this guy with both hands with everything I had, screaming at him. But the thing was my hands just went through him. After several swings I stopped and just looked. The guy did the same thing the whole time. He just slowly slipped towards the wall. Once he reached it he just faded into the wall and the floor. He was made of what appeared to be smoke, ash, and light. The whole time he just moved through my punches, and just kept moving after I stopped. Slowly, without concern. After that I slept on the couch or I had company come over more often. But I don't remember it touching me ever again. This is a 100% true story. I don't want anything for it, I just want to tell it.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, logicaltwist, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-31)
The touching is strange. This apparition seemed to get the message when you began to swing on him, he left. I wonder if he used to live there? I'm sure someone has died where we are right now. It also fascinates me how some people see apparitions while others never do. Thank you for sharing your story.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-25)
SERIOUSLY! A Serial killer?!

Yah! You don't want anything from your 100% true story but u have got everything... You should be submitting your case file to Mr. Fox Mulder...

Jokes apart

Sometimes when someone is woken up from deep sleep... The visions seems to be real in front of us for few seconds... Till you get full consciousness back. Here I am pointing towards the Lucid dreaming where dreamer may gain some amount of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment... This might also be the case.

Just a suggestion.

Happy Christmas to you and all YGS members

Regards
jabond99 (3 stories) (61 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-22)
logicaltwist,

Your story is short without much details so it could be hard to try to help explain what is going on. I do note the following:
1. This seems to have happened on multiple occasions
2. There is physical contact involved
3. There were occurrences where you were touched but did not make it known that you wanted it to cease
4. Finally, you make it clear that this behavior was unwelcome and you wanted it to stop
5. The behavior seemed to cease after this

Given the above drawn from your story, I might suggest that the entity may not have been an unfriendly entity, and may even have been someone whom was familiar to you. I come to this because of the fact that the behavior stopped when you made it clear that it bothered you and in fact physically confronted it. A family member or just a friendly entity at that house may have finally understood that this touching was not welcome. I hope you may be open to this possibility, especially if you have someone close to you that has died. Of course, it could just all be speculation on my part.

James Bond
elt (1 stories) (21 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-22)
So tell me who won the fight you Or the ghost If I was a ghost my first emotion would be shock!
robmkivseries70 (1 stories) (35 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-20)
Hi J.K.
Pretty scary, no doubt. I have one piece of hearsay advice. It used to be that you could get the hand held electric shocking devices as used by law enforcement. If the ghost is a somewhat electrical being, such a device could have a profound effect. I saw this trick mentioned in print by some ghost hunters ages ago. It does sound like a true encounter and does seem to interact 😲 with you.
Best,
Rob

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: