You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Mimics Voices Of Loved Ones

Real Ghost Stories

Something Mimics Voices Of Loved Ones

 

This has happened to me multiple times, more so when I was younger but every now and again it will happen again. It used to be my mothers voice, and then it switched to my fiancé's voice.

I remember one instance when I was younger of hearing my mother scream my name, as if she was hurt and needed help urgently. It was pretty late, around 11 at night. My blood ran ice cold and of course I ran full speed into her room and burst through the door, only to find her sound asleep and completely oblivious to me crashing through her bedroom door like the kool aid man and then standing there completely and utterly lost for words.

I've heard her voice yell my name quite a number of times, only to discover she's either asleep, reading quietly, watching tv or even worse, not even in the house at all.

Since my partner moved in, I've heard him speak a number of times except it's never him. It's even happened while he's sat right next to me. I've heard his voice, asked him to repeat himself because I didn't quite catch what he said only to have him tell me he never said anything at all...

Funnily enough, I've never experienced this while looking directly at the person who's voice I'm hearing.

It's not on a loop, and what I mean by that is that it's not residual, it doesn't follow a pattern or a routine and there's no deja vu either. It's just completely and utterly random and out of the blue.

I always have this horrible fear that one day I'll hear either my mother's or my partner's voice shout my name or shout for help and I'll go running and bump into something that's not and never has been human.

Other hauntings by lilpeachyghost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilpeachyghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-01-06)
I don't think it's the house but you - any cleansing would have to be done on you not the structure. If you are concerned about throwing off the balance in your home (which makes perfect sense to me) then you can do it away from the home someplace meaningful to you - anything from a friend'a house/backyard to a special place in nature.
lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-06)
Never done a cleansing on the house. I'd like to keep whatever light and good energy/spirits that are already there and always thought a cleansing would rid the house of both good and bad; and I don't particularly want to accidentally make things worse or wake anything up that's laid dormant.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-05)
This is creepy because it twists something so ordinary. But that consideration at the end makes it positively chilling! It sounds to me like you may be haunted - have you ever tried any charms/crystals/amulets/saints medals etc? Cleansing according to your own beliefs? A blessing, even? Depending on your beliefs, even a psychic or medium may have advice to give.
lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-01)
We have at times had items go missing, especially things that are sentimental or valuable, they eventually turn up where we left them but have previously looked repeatedly or in a completely different spot where we wouldn't ever put the item in the first place. So yes, it could be a trickster. Although it's a very rare occurrence so would it be a trickster passing through or the same one coming back every now and again just to mess with us?
jabond99 (3 stories) (61 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-22)
lilypeachghost,

There seems to be a phenomena call a ghost mimic where the entity will sound like loved ones or other living folks. If this occurred in my house, there would be no end of trouble, as I would likely insist to anyone I heard that they indeed called me or spoke to me. With that in mind, I wonder if this entity would be a trickster or one to play and joke with you. Have you noticed other tricks being played, like missing items, etc?

James Bond
lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-20)
Hey,

When I hear my fiancé's voice, it's always conversational and a full sentence but I won't understand or catch any of it hence why I ask for him to repeat himself and as a result him telling me he never even opened his mouth lol and yes, it's the same house with the Victorian ghost lady who likes to occasionally rummage through my dresser
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-12-20)
Hello lilpeachyghost,

I had to smile at your description of how you entered your mother's bedroom; like the kool aid man.

😆

When you heard your fiancée call out, is it always your name that you hear? Is this the same house where you have a spirit who rummages through your makeup and skin care products? I remember them from your last account and I am trying to look at your situation as a whole.

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: