You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Girl In The Pool

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Pool

 

Back in the later 2000s, I was living with my family in Tarlac, where I spent all of my childhood. My Lola, who was living and working in the US at the time, had an assistant that lived with us and helped with taking care of my siblings and I. We called her Ate Dina. I was the eldest, my brother Tonyo was the middle child, and Pria was the youngest. We each had our own yaya on top of Ate Dina, since our mom was a nursing student, had night classes, and also worked full-time from home.

Now, Ate Dina had a sister--Ate Donya--who owned a swimming pool day resort. We spent most of our summer days there growing up. It was usually just me, my siblings, our yayas and Ate Dina that went. We never stayed later than 5:30PM to avoid going home in the dark.

On one particular day, we ended up going to the resort later than usual since we wanted to bring along 2 of our childhood friends--Lawren and Lawreinne, whom were also siblings. Lawren was around Tonyo's age, and Lawreinne was Pria's age. Their mom, Tita Mira, also came with us. We arrived at the resort at around 5PM, and since we were the only guests there that day, Ate Donya let us stay to night-swim.

The sun set after a couple of hours, and it got dark. My siblings, their friends and their yayas were all just sitting around the edge of the pool at that point, so I decided to enjoy the water alone.

I was tumbling, doing handstands and swimming around carelessly in the pool since I was alone. At one point, I submerged myself under the water to do another handstand and hit somebody. They were right next to me, so when I hit them, their whole body crashed into mine. I came out of the water and quickly started apologizing.

"Sorry, I didn't see you," I said as soon as my head came out of the water.

Everybody sitting around the pool stopped to look at me.

"Ha? You've been the only person in the pool for 30 minutes now, Ate," Tonyo replied. He was known to be a prankster, so I refused to believe him.

"Stop lying, Ton. I hit somebody. I know it was you. I'm not mad at you for bumping into me, I'm just saying sorry 'cause I hit you pretty hard."

"Ate, I swear, Lawren and I have been playing pogs for a long time now. Look at us, we're dry."

A chill went down my spine as I looked around at all of them. They were all dry.

"Pria, was it you? Or Lawreinne?" I asked, even though I could see that they, too, looked dry. Both of their hair were tied up in ponytails now.

"No, Ate," they both replied.

The yayas, Tita Mira and Ate Dina all backed them up. None of them had been in the pool since the younger kids left the pool.

I was very young, probably 10 or 11 years old, so I was scared out of my mind. I was also very confused as to what could I possibly hit in an empty pool. We immediately gathered our belongings. After I had changed into dry clothes, Ate Dina came up to me with an explanation. Ate Donya had confessed that a few years back, the previous owners of the pool resort had a 4-year-old daughter that drowned in the pool. The little girl was dead for hours before her parents found her lifeless body floating in the exact area I was swimming in.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elisheva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-30)
I had something like this happen to me one summer when I was a kid. I must have been fairly young as I don't remember much about the incident but I do recall it happening. I also remember that a few nights AFTER it happened, I was watching "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" (a spooky show for young audiences on Nickelodeon in the 90's - it usually scared me silly but I was a huge fan) and it happened to be about a murderous invisible ghost... In a swimming pool... Pretty sure I freaked right out over that one!

One thing is for sure, you can absolutely tell the difference between slamming into a concrete wall or floor and a human body in a pool (or anywhere else).
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-12-21)
Miandra has a point, though there's no mention in your narrative about how close you were to the wall but, given the fact that the rest of the party could hear you apologizing and you were able to see they were dry even though it was already dark, that can only mean that you were pretty close to the edge.

If a little girl really drowned in the pool, it's sad that it would take hours for the parents to take notice of her absence though, it's hard to think that the body would be floating after only hours of her death. Perhaps ate Donya embellished that part?

Do you know if ate Donya has seen the girl in the pool?

It's hard to say what you got that night.

Thanks for sharing.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-21)
Hello Elisheva, and welcome to Your ghost stories web site.

It's very sad that a little girl lost her life at such a young age of 4 years old in the pool. May her soul rest in peace.

Is it possible you hit the walls of the pool? I'm asking becsuse it's easy to get disoriented in the pool when you do flips and mess around doing hand stands etc. I'm not doubting your story, I'm simply asking because the thought crossed my mind.

I'm glad you've moved on from this. Good for you.

Thank your sharing your experience.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: