You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Area?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Area?

 

I have moved around quite a bit in my life and only noticed occasional flicker with the light and nothing else. Those times I would not think twice of it and the idea never came to me that it could have been something paranormal to it.

Only when we moved into a home with our family as adults there has been lots of events that we have been unable to find explanation for. Where do I start? It's been/is with the electricity and too the Television and DVD-player. Steps. Noise, big ones, one can not find explanation for, like physical fights and things breaking - still nothing is found fallen down or broken. Shadow people (or so I later learned it is called) moving quickly, in the shape of a grown person but also a tiny person (a child's length). Mist-like energy being created and shaping into a figure of a person to then be gone just as quickly as it first appeared. Toys moving on their own. Toy's electricity going on despite the removal of batteries. Shoes moving on their own.

Finally I followed a routine found on the net on how to keep it out, but even if it is far less active now, it seems to return particularly around 3-4 am. It is much less now.

What bothers me now is that it is focused around a child. For instance the television will suddenly be turned on, very loud sound in the room the child is sleeping in around that hour.

Child would say it saw a man in the home, but we never saw it.

The child would explain things suddenly while sleeping and later when I check the area of it's history turn out to be right. It is as if suddenly someone else is speaking through the child and then vanishes and the child sleeps on. It has no memory of it.

My dreams could get really strange and no correlation was found through what I had experienced earlier in the day or something I have watched on the Television. In them I see things from a female who lived long ago if considering what I have picked up. One time something happened to the female and when I woke up I found I had been marked just there where she had been in my dream.

One idea I have is that perhaps previous owner or owners of the home has been open in some way about these sort of things and this is why it is happening to us? An elderly couple use to live here before.

Because of the history of the area I can imagine it has stored up negative energy?

I dislike most of all that what ever it now is - is disturbing kids in the middle of the night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bewhatmay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-02-26)
I suggest that you try to find out more about the history of the house and of the previous owners, and also do a cleansing and protection ritual and see if that helps, it's only when you understand the background of certain things that we know exactly how to move forward.
The_Morrighan (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
3 years ago (2020-12-15)
Hi bewhatmay,
Welcome and thanks for that account!
You mention that 'because of the history of the area... It has stored up negative energy'. Firstly I believe that's entirely possible. My Mum always says "the land remembers" and there is a great deal of evidence floating around to support this. I'd love to know a little of the history of your area if you've time: it may prompt further insights into your experiences.
Bright blessings and stay safe.
Morri.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: