You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hunchback Ghost (s)

Real Ghost Stories

Hunchback Ghost (s)

 

My first experience occurred about 3 years ago, when I was 24. I was working at a facility for mentally disabled individuals where one of the residents had previously died. The people who worked the overnight shifts at my job used to tell stories about seeing the resident's ghost. I personally did not believe in ghosts prior to this.

3 years in I switched to the overnight position. A few months in, I was relaxing on the couch watching tv at approximately 3am. We usually settle down to nap ourselves around this time. Wide awake, I decided I'd give laying down a shot. I got up, turned off the light, and walked toward the couch.

When I sat on it, I instantly looked up at a shadow man that was hunched over peering at me. The second he saw I was looking at him, he turned and walked away. Frozen in fear, I knew what I had just witnessed was not my eyes playing tricks on me. After about 5 seconds of being petrified, I fumbled to open my phone and shine the flashlight where the man just stood. This man was short, around 5 foot 2 inches, and heavy set. Keep in mind, I had never met the man who previously died.

I was used to getting attacked by mental patients at that job, so my bravery was at an all-time high at that period in my life. Still scared, I peered into the kitchen where he was standing, and nobody was there. In fact, he walked toward a part of the kitchen that he wouldn't have been able to escape from.

I checked on my coworker, who was fast asleep on a couch in a different room. I didn't want to wake her, so I turned on all of the lights besides the one in her room, and laid down on my couch, wide awake and scared.

When she woke up, I told her what I had seen. The scary part was, I didn't even finish describing him, before she FINISHED describing him! That's when I knew that maybe those ghost stories were true after all. The one thing that she was surprised about though, was that he was hunched over.

I quit that job 2 months after this occurred, with this not being the primary reason but it pushed me to actually get a job in the field I wanted to work in (veterinary care).

Fast forward to yesterday. We are staying at my girlfriend's childhood home for the next week to celebrate Easter with her family. My girlfriend's father who was about the same height as the ghost I had seen 3 years ago had died before I met him. Well, it was late at night and I thought I may have seen a hunched over man in the hallway.

It happened quick, and I thought it may have been my eyes playing tricks on me. I didn't tell anyone because I wasn't sure that it was significant. This man wasn't close and it's quite possible it indeed was my eyes playing tricks on me.

HOWEVER. Just before writing this, I am sitting on their couch at 12:30am scrolling through social media. They have this mirror that peers into the room I'm in, and the light in my room shines directly at the mirror and glares back at me. Something just blocked the light long enough for it to flicker in my peripheral. Again, I'm HOPING that this was another trick, but this one put a good fear in me.

I'm just curious why they would both be hunched over when neither of them were hunched over before they passed away.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Markle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

seemayadav (1 stories) (26 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-07)
Amezing experience
This is your first experience?
After that did you faced any other incident
Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-04-03)
Hi Markle

Do you think perhaps this spirit attached itself to you? As for it being hunched it's hard to say why it appears to you that way.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-03)
Hi Markle.

What you were seeing wasn't the physical but a spiritual manifestation of the gentlemen, perhaps they left this plane carrying an overwhelming emotional weight that still is too heavy on the other side of the veil.

Interesting experiences.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: