You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Wth Case Files

Real Ghost Stories

Wth Case Files

 

I think everyone has experienced that odd happening of weirdness that leaves you scratching your head and wondering. Sometimes it's a one off 'you blinked' experience, sometimes it goes on for several days or weeks, always evading any logical explanation, but yet not quite 'ghost story' material.

For your perusal here are several of my own most recent WTH Files:

Christmas Eve, early morning, 2020. It's a cold morning, 24F with a 'feels like' of -20. I was sipping coffee in the sunroom and looking out at nothing particular, when an iridescent, golf ball sized soap bubble came trolling past the second story windows I'm looking through. I'd say 'floated' but that would be wrong - it was traveling at an extremely slow rate in a horizontal line. I didn't detect any propellers or form of propulsion. It was moving like a Sunday driver taking in the scenery. It settled on the edge of the garage roof next door for perhaps 6 seconds before shooting straight up at an alarming rate of speed and disappearing.

I've no idea what it was, but it was very pretty.

January 29, 2021 Several WTHs took place that day. I was working on a project and my utility knife disappeared. I had not left the area, but it was gone. A day or so later I hear something strike the kitchen floor (I wasn't working in that room), and there laid the knife.

I pressed pause on the TV remote and went to the restroom. I hear the TV unpause itself, then go quiet again. When I came out the movie though paused was on a totally different scene.

I was in the Livingroom and heard the sound of dishes being moved, you know that clinking sound they make, and honestly my first thought was that my cat might be chasing something over the sink. I admit, I was being lazy and hadn't emptied the drainer yet. Rounding the corner and seeing that they'd been stacked and ready to put away... Well, though similar has happened before, I don't think I'll ever be use to it.

March 4-7,2021 My vintage clock radio became possessed. It's from the 80s. It began turning itself on and off, even changing channels. There didn't seem to be a pattern - no time frame or anything like that. It would just click on at random times. It stopped as suddenly as it started.

April 5, 2021 I'm in bed on my left side with my cat curled up against my shoulder, purring loudly. I had barely laid down, so I wasn't even part asleep yet, when I felt another cat walking around and kneading down by my feet. Except, I only have the one cat.

Other hauntings by valkricry

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, valkricry, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
1 year ago (2023-03-13)
Val, a phantom cat, I know this one! We had like a million cats growing up (not by my request I can assure you, but anyway) feeling an invisible cat on the bed was something we all experienced at some point or another. I always chalked it up to one of the cats who had passed in the house.

A friend of mine has a ghost play with his dishes in the sink. He calls his ghost 'Ed', apparently 'Ed' doesn't like dirty dishes. But I don't think he's ever stacked them, wow!

The bubble sounds gorgeous, orb perhaps? Think we can rule out Santa. 😉
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
1 year ago (2022-12-24)
I hope Santa is good to you,
Krampus stays from your door,
And that the New Year
Brings what you wish for,
With just a pinch more.

Merry Christmas, all!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
1 year ago (2022-10-03)
Hey, everybody! Just wanted to let you all know you're invited to our Halloween Bash [at] http://trespauzemanor.com/. Investigate the haunted mansion, explore the abandoned Loss Mine in complete darkness, hunt pirate treasure (beware the zombies!) and other haunted adventures as well. It's a spooktacular event! Open 24/7. Recommended for pcs and laptops with a mouse.
Many thanks to our webmaster for granting permission to extend the invite!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
2 years ago (2022-09-14)
Mystic! Hello! It has been a while. So glad to see you.
I think everyone has a WTH experience at one time or another. Some more unnerving then others to be sure.
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-09-13)
Hi, Val! It's been a while. This story of yours had me thinking about the sounds my husband and I have been hearing from our upstairs neighbor, and the incident I experienced when my son was just a less month old. Maybe I didn't want to think a lot about these incidents, but they surely count as "WTH moments".

Take care! Hope to hear more stories from you.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
2 years ago (2022-08-02)
00786, thank you for your kind comment. Things have been quiet here for the most part. Still the occasional WTH, but nothing big. Which I'm totally ok with.😆
00786 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-08-02)
I've read all your stories and each one of them is so nicely written and everything is explained in detail. My favourite one was that possession of the hand it gave me goosebumps and I'm so sorry about every dear one you lost during the tears but that's what's called "life".So now I'll have to look for some other lovely writers until you post new stories. Take care ❤️
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-25)
Cherubim,
Honestly the stuff like the dishes stacking themselves is something I don't think one ever gets use to. At least I didn't see it happen, I think that is more unnerving. All though I have seen things move of their own accord seemingly.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-25)
Hi SweetDevil,
I'm not sure what to say. I don't think I'm very unique. Maybe a wee bit more open than some. But please don't get the impression that my life is like some TV show. I've gone to some reputably haunted places and felt nothing. There's weeks, months and even years when nothing seems to occur. Then boom! Seems to be something/someone daily.
Thank you for reading and the lovely compliment.:)
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-24)
I have the same exact thing happening with stuff disappearing and reappearing again. It's so constant at my house. What you experienced with the cat sent chills up my spine, especially since you only have ONE! 😨 I've heard dishes and silverware moving, but they have never been stacked like that and ready to be put away?! You sure have a lot going on over there. Someone told me we live in parallel dimensions and that all these things we can't see are "normal." Maybe it is. I don't freak out as much anymore at what happens around me that's unexplainable. You seem relaxed and take it all in stride, that's a good thing. Great story. ❤
TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-19)
Ohmygod!Amazing... Although I am not exactly new to the site as a reader, but I never got the chance to read the posts of older YGS members. Your writing skills are just on another level. It makes me feel as if I am there seated beside you and listening to your stories, or imagining myself as a spectator while you are going through all the motions. I get every emotion...excitement, fear, scared, and amused as I get further ahead into each story of yours.
These days, I am reading your initial posts which you wrote years ago and stumbled on this post. I don't know what to say, except you must be uniquely gifted for being so tuned or sensitive to such presence, because I am yet to meet such person in my life as of now. 😲
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
3 years ago (2021-05-01)
Here's a very odd WTH (at least for me); I've lived here for a bit over 18 years, and no one has ever said anything about the house, but in the last four months, I have had four different people ask me if it's haunted!? 🤔 I ask why they ask, but they usually just repeat the question. Very weird.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-09)
Hi Val.

Someone has been spicing up your days. The bubble sounds magical, the kitty sweet.

Thanks for sharing.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
3 years ago (2021-04-09)
Hi, Seemayadav, yes, currently I live alone. Have been for over a year now. This house is 2 apartments, an upper and a lower, I have the 2nd story one.

Rajine, my cat is 16 years old. He likes to eat and laze about. Being at the back of my shoulder at the time, I can't be 100% sure he had no reaction, but I could feel the pressure of his body against me, and he seemed cool with our invisible bed partner. I took it to mean 'nothing bad here'. Now, I don't know if it's some kind of senility he has, but he sometimes acts as if interacting with a playmate. Could be he just gets a sudden burst of energy, and starts racing about tripping over his own feet. 🤔

LightMight, personally I think an ability like telekinesis (controlled of course) would be awesome! Would make things like Spring cleaning a lot easier. Lol
seemayadav (1 stories) (26 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-09)
Thanks for sharing with us this is strange
You lives alone?
In your house?
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-08)
Darn it, I was really hoping that we were going to get a backstory on your Superhuman abilities 😁 but I guess the ghosties prevail in this case
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
3 years ago (2021-04-08)
Hi, guys! Thanks for reading and commenting. Hopefully I can answer your questions.
I've lived in this apartment for 18 years. It's an old Victorian from the 1830s, so I've never been really surprised over the unexpected 'visitor'.
There's times the place is very active, and there's times it's all quite 'normal'. In general I don't find it alarming; perplexing, sometimes frustrating, but nothing malicious.
Although, there does seem to be an argument for telekinesis in my family (see the Aunt Sylvia's Computer Pranks entries) I don't believe it to be one of my gifts.
There didn't seem to be an agenda to the radio listening. It was more like someone channel surfing and pausing now and then. Maybe a bit of 'what's this button do?'
It's possible the ghostly kitty is my passed cat that died here, but current cat seems ok with it.
The soap bubble really was something to see. Wish I had recorded it, but I was too busy gawking to even think of trying.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-08)
Hi Valkicry

Quite a few random experiences there, seems like you have a ghost cat there with you, you did mention that you have a cat as well, I wonder if she has been acting strangely as animals tend to when there are other presence's around.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-07)
Hi Val,

You had visitors!😲 Maybe the renovations stirred up dormant spirits, along with the emotional upheavals everywhere. I do like the unseen help. It's as if a group of ghosties had gotten together, teaming up to do something for you. Like the time you found your jewellery box, along with a number of extras.

The radio is fascinating. Is it a particular station or music genre that it prefers? I have this image of someone doing the housework and listening to music.

I wonder if the cat was a previous fur baby, come back for a visit? 😊
Aros (6 stories) (57 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-07)
Interesting WTH moments for sure valkricry. I was just going to post thoughts of PK/Telekinesis but LightMight beat me to it. I concur with that commentary overall. I have yet to have the pleasure of diving into your other experiences so I would just ask if you have ever been told that you have that ability? Of course it could be an intelligent discarnate consciousness as well. The soap bubble would have been neat to behold!
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-07)
Hello Valkricy,

Hmm, as far as the movements with objects, sounds like maybe some spontaneous PK/telekinesis manifesting? Interesting place you live in, have you lived there very long? Anybody in your home have psychic abilities? Your cat experience was certainly interesting - could it be residual energy maybe?

In college I shared a rental home with quite a few roommates, that place had poltergeist type activity happen often, mostly electrical disturbances. We had a 'communal' portable CD player/ radio/ alarm clock that would turn itself on and off, and sometimes switch stations. It was definitely freaky, but we never felt any negative vibe there. We chalked it up to a lot of youthful energy at the time, but then we later found out there was a suicide on the property - not sure if that had anything to do with it...

Anyway, very curious happenings you've got going on there!
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-04-07)
Val,

Yes, things gone missing (and reappearing), electrical appliances with (what seems like) a mind of their own and an extra cat!

Seems like you have someone else staying at your place - and they've brought their cat with them. Sounds like attention seeking to me. At least your boarder is making themselves useful. Perhaps you could ask them to make you lunch... But not a bacon sandwich.

The bubble's movement is definitely WTH. Reminds me of some published accounts of UFO sightings. 😳

Interesting Times indeed, honorary brother-in-law.

Rex
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-04-07)
Hi, Val. Some interesting experiences here. And we do seem to have been whacked with the 'may you live in interesting times' curse.:P

But I only came here to say I have learned of two new kinds of ghosts this month. Floor Squeakers and WTHs.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: