You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Man Of The House

Real Ghost Stories

Man Of The House

 

I'm not sure if this is a love story or a ghost story. I have always been clairvoyant and have experienced odd things but nothing like this, and I haven't experienced it again.

I was in the fifth grade and my family moved to a ranch home in Gainesville built after the World War by a couple who had moved from Germany. The elderly woman who owned the home would not sell it to the fraternities or young people. It was the home she and her husband built to raise their family and live their life. But she decided my family should own it, so it was sold. It was a perfect location right down the street from the Ben Hill Griffin Gator Stadium and next to my school. However it came with something, or someone else.

It began with loud banging, like someone was jumping above my ceiling or dropping a 100lb box. It wasn't animals, it was much to big, and we had nothing in the attic. Then the knobs that were original would stop working, locking me into my bedroom and I would have to manually take apart the knob to get out. However, none of my other family experienced this. Then things would disappear and reappear in places I would never put them. Like my phone being hidden in a random chest in my room. There would be footsteps, however no one was home except me. Then I saw him, clear as day.

I was walking into the hallway where there were three thresholds, one to the living room, kitchen, and office. As I walked a transparent man over 6 feet tall walked from the kitchen into the office. For a moment I thought it was my father, only to look up and see him sitting on the couch. It was enough to make me drop what I had in my hands.

I was scared at first, but I could feel what this man wanted. This was his home, where he had his life. Luckily, he was not an evil poltergeist. I think at first he wanted us out of his home but I began ignoring him. The lesser mind I paid to him the more his actions dwindled. I still think about him from time to time. He was a powerful spirit but only because I know he was so connected to that home and for the right reasons. He may have seen my family falling apart behind the scenes and been trying to warn, who knows. But what I do know is he was a man who loved his home, and his wife still loved him enough to want to try her best to place it in good hands.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Namara, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-02)
Namara, you were saying he knew your family was falling apart and may be trying to warn. You were the only one who could see him so what do you think the warning was, and did you tell the rest of your family? I too experience my things disappearing and reappearing in odd places I'd never put them in. So you're not alone there! I'm glad he wasn't an evil entity and hope all is well with you and your family now. ❤
Namara (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-07-06)
Hi there Lightnight, the only owners were the ones who had built it and he did not die in the war so I believe his wife sold it shortly after he passed. And thank you Rajine, it was quite a trip seeing him, I wasn't sure what worse he would do but luckily I think he was just very connected to that home and sometimes I wish I couldve connected to him more
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-07-01)
Hello and Welcome Namara,

Perhaps the previous owner just wanted to let you know that he was still keeping watch over his property? Speaking of the previous owners, did you have any old photo's of the couple? I'm just wondering if this was in fact the spirit of the man who once built and owned this home, or if this was someone/something else lingering? The last World War was quite some time ago; do you know if anyone else had lived there prior to your family?

Very nice story you've shared here 😊
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-06-30)
Hi Namara
This is a really touching story, just by reading it I can feel the love between the old owners of your house, I suppose he took great pride and care in that house so much so that he is/was still around long after his passing.

I believe that he is still there, just that the more you don't pay attention, the less you will encounter him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: