You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Night Visit From My Father After His Death

Real Ghost Stories

A Night Visit From My Father After His Death

 

My father had lived with my wife and me for several years before his death and we had enjoyed his travels with us to the old farm where I grew up as we now lived in the city.

A year or so after his death I had a visit from him in my mind which although 20 years ago is as fresh and clear as if it happened last night. It was not a dream! I have had dreams and am unable to remember or experience any of them as I have this one of my mind.

I heard the door bell ring and got out of bed to go answer the door. When I opened it, my father stood outside. He was in white clothes with a light around him and he had his little horn rimmed glasses on. I invited him in and we went into the study and sat around the fireplace and visited. We had a very friendly conversation and soon he told me that he must go.

I led him to the front door and turned to open it when he just walked through the door and was gone. I have shared this story with friends who have had similar mind experiences with a son who had died, and very recently my wife told me that her sister had shared a visit by her teen aged son who had shot himself some years ago. We are told that we are mind, body, and soul. Yet we have studied the body in medical research, but neglected the mind.

It was once thought that the brain controlled the mind, but we now know that this is not true for people who were brain dead have shared their experiences during the time before being resuscitated. See the book by Elizabeth Kubler Ross and another to be published soon by a man who has studied such events of the mind over the past 40 years. Now doctors are attempting to explain the mind. What is it? There is much still to be learned about us human creatures created by God.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RalphHyde, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-10-11)
I guess they indeed visit you after a loved one is gone. After crossing the rainbow bridge, my maternal grandfather visited my mother's dreams frequently over the years randomly. In all the dreams, my mum saw my grandpa with a youthful appearance and shining skin. He always smiles at her and speaks softly to her and gives blessings... That's like a recurrent theme of my mother's dream...Hell! That also happened before he passed away in 2005. She kept telling me that something bad is going to happen... And before we even manage to gather our senses, he passed away peacefully in sleep. The mind in unconscious level already knows and sees a lot of things that in daytime it tends to ignore or maybe observes it n stories in different shelves of our memory cells... People usually gets of their problems after a fresh amount of rest... We need to research more over the matters of mind over body...
RalphHyde (1 stories) (1 posts)
+7
3 years ago (2021-06-28)
Thank you for your comments and I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. We often to think American people are not very thoughtful and some appear not to be, but there are many very thoughtful citizens among us.

Years ago my wife, Donna taught me to start my day with a time to be still and quiet. It has helped me so over the years as I struggled with administrative problems as well as personal ones and I have shared it with our children and grandchildren.

Thank you again and have a nice peaceful day. Ralph
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
3 years ago (2021-06-28)
Good morning RalphHyde, your story is just super. Many of us would love to have such an experience, one last conversation with our loved one!

I was just reading about a family in Miami whose grandparents are missing in the condo collapse last week. They have gotten 16 phone calls from their grandparents' landline, and when they either answer or listen to the message, they get only static. I am wondering if they amped up the sound a bit and listened very carefully if there is a message in the static for them. Thanks for sharing your experience.
matrix899 (1 stories) (66 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-06-28)
Thanks for sharing this interesting experience. Your comments are thought provoking. The mind and the nature of human beings have been studied for a very long time, but not by medical science. Medical science can only study conditions and phenomena that can be observed and replicated.

It is well known that the human being is a complex organism; the nature of which has been studied for a very long time as mentioned above. Over the centuries and millennia much of the information learned has been lost; it is up to the individual to find this information and learn, if possible, the real nature of this organism.

You are correct; there is much more to life, and much more to our makeup than is readily apparent.

Matrix
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-06-28)
Hi RalphHyde

Loved ones who have passed on are always around us even though we can't see them, they will always make their presence known through subtle signs.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: