You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Ghost Man?

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Man?

 

Hey everyone I am new to your ghosts stories, call me Jaylen. Anyways I'm going to be sharing a story that happened when I was 6years old. I believe 16 or 15 years ago. I don't really remember much but I'll try to write down as much as I can remember.

This was in the summer of 2004 I believe, It was a sad day because my grandmother's brother died of old age in the hospital. We had his funeral about 3 days later. Also a little thing I realized at the funeral, I saw one of the candles go out on its one a little bit after my great uncle's wife lit it. I've come to believe that the sprit of my great uncle blew it out. Ok but back to the story. After the funeral he got buried a few hours later next to his mother and father who both died of old age as well. (Before I get into the creepy part like to point out that my grandmother as 3 other siblings.)

About 4 days later I was playing in my room like a normal 6 year old and wanted to get a snack. Here's when things start to take a turn. I was about to go out of the room in until I saw someone! He was a tall man with blonde hair that looked to be a shadow figure but more like a real person. I zoned out for second then realized that it wasn't my imagination. I was about to scream until I heard the man speak in a soft voice "hello dear", he said. I was still stunned about what I was seeing, although he seemed nice so I talked to him. About hours of talking the man suddenly disappeared saying "I have to go".

About a week of the man showing up he didn't come anymore. Now to this day I still have questions on my mind like was the man the sprit of my great uncle because he looked like him. But I don't think anyone would know.

Ok guys I hope you enjoyed my story.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fnaffan_jaylen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-09-24)
I don't know why but I found this story very adorable... Especially your encounter with the male spirit... I guess your great uncle wanted to see you for the last time.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-08-16)
Maybe the funeral parlor was haunted with other entities if you didn't recognize the man? Seems as though he wasn't trying to scare you since you talked for hours. He may have been lonely. ❤ Seems spirit likes children since they are so innocent. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry you lost your grandmother's brother.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-08-13)
Hi Jaylen

This brings to mind the natural cycle of life and death. The end of the allotted life journey for your great uncle, balanced against the start of your own. I believe that children, in their innocence, can experience unusual events that many adults dismiss as imagination. Perhaps that is being children, they have not been conditioned to filter them out.

Your great uncle most likely came by to see the family one last time and say his goodbyes. He must have chosen to spend time with you, because you were the only one who could see and talk to him. Then he had to move on. I'm also curious as to what you talked about, if you could remember anything of what he said.

Thanks for sharing this memory with us.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-08-10)
Hi Jaylen

I believe that spirits of our dear ones are always around us even though we can't see them, they guide and protect us, I know this may be a long shot, but do you remember what the conversation was about? That should give you some clarity on this incident.
Fnaffan_jaylen (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-09)
Sorry for the loss of your grandmother. I did read that story about her talking to you through the board.
Also I'm pretty sure it was my great uncle but me being 6 at the time makes me wonder if it was actually my imagination.
occulting_ (5 stories) (27 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-07)
Hiya! Great story, it reminds me of an experience I had at my grandmas funeral, I ended up seeing her there, standing above the bit where her coffin was buried and she was just watching everyone react, some where crying and some were just standing around talking to family, and I was I think 12 at the time and it really weirded me out, I told myself it was her twin sister because it looked exactly like her and I knew she had other family members I didn't know about but then on the way home I remembered she never had a twin otherwise my mum would have spoke about it, after I saw her I instantly cried and someone ended up hugging me and I refused to open my eyes until we walked out of sight of her grave. My grandma meant a lot to me, her death hit me pretty hard but even after her death we're still close, I have a story on here of how I was using a spirit board and because I hadn't talked to her in a while she came through to tell me off because she loves that I remember her and try to talk to her, I don't think anyone in my family does. To me, with your story it sounds like it was probably your great uncle checking in on you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: