You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Someone Sitting Next To Me

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Sitting Next To Me

 

I lived alone in a two bedroom mobile home located in the woods. I lived there for about 4 years and nothing ever happened to me. I went to bed one night and I started to feel someone sitting next to me like in the middle but edge of the bed. Nothing was there. Then things started to get worse.

One night I was sleeping and I woke up to the sound of my TV making scary growling noises and I felt my body crawling on my bedroom ceiling trying to get me out my bedroom door.

When I came home from work the next evening I ate dinner and laid in my bed and my kitten was laying by my feet and she bounced up and starting looking over my head growling as her head is going in circles, she ran out my bed room door and never came back in my bedroom after that night. She would come as far as my bedroom door and look inside but would not enter. This happened every night to the point were I was exhausted and couldn't function at work no longer.

I went to work and felt stupid but I told a co-worker whom we will call Ron. He believed me and told me to buy night lights and I did. My home was lit up every night like a X-mas tree. What ever it was just would not go away. Nothing worked!

I moved out after a year of hell to my new home and things have not changed. I have moved several times and I am still being bothered by something in the middle of the night.

I do have to say its been not an every night event anymore, now it's more like twice a month. It still scares me and I wish what ever it is that feels the need to bother me would just go away. I can't take anymore!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chartygirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-09-07)
And, if I may make an editorial statement:

Keeping a dream journal can be a source of cheap entertainment.

It's like I have a nightly B-Movie marathon... Forever.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-09-07)
Hello chartygirl,

I'm going to hitch a ride with "occulting" and just say that you just tell it to go away. This same practice works with human beings too. I don't know if you need any "gear"; but just be direct. Make use of your spine and set boundaries.

I'm a big proponent, when it comes to keeping a dream diary. I won't, however, say that anything that is scaring you is a product of an awesome imagination. At the top of your entry, it says you are middle aged. I think you may have your ducks in a row and can tell the difference. A dream diary can serve you as a tool to monitor things that happen when you are vulnerable.

There isn't an entity, living or otherwise, that prefers making an attack in broad daylight.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-08-17)
Sounds like something has attached itself to you, that's what's happening to me as well. Maybe smudging will work. That has worked for me in some instances, but not all the time. I contacted a paranormal group I found from this website, but it didn't help in my case. Some are more experienced than others and that's hard to find. I'm more spiritual than religious, but DO pray. I was told to contact the church one time for help, I did and no one returned my call. I can relate to your story so much, I hope and pray (it's all I know to do) you find someone that can help you. Healing light sent your way. ❤
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-08-10)
Hi chartygirl

I think that something is latched on to you, maybe it followed you from your previous house, but I think you should do a house cleansing ritual if you would consider it, also wearing clear quartz crystals is good for attracting positive energy to yourself.
occulting_ (5 stories) (27 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-07)
Hiya, here's a quick thing to try out that usually gets rid of spirits, just straight up tell it to leave you alone and that you are not scared of it, I'd look into getting some stuff for protection (either just so you can feel safe or if you want so you can use it) like a crystal, stuff like that but then also because this seems to only happen at night around when you are sleeping we also need to take into account it could be sleep paralysis or just a bad dream or even sleep walking (I'm not saying it is I'm just saying it's a possibility) and maybe try to either get some evidence or ask a friend to stay over with you usually around the time it happens if there is a pattern to see if they would also experience it because that would eliminate the possibility that it's sleep walking/sleep paralysis or a bad dream if it is happening and is either captured on video or experienced by someone else.

I hope this helps you!
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-08-07)
Hi chartygirl, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your story! Do you remember anything happening prior to your first experience, any one you know of that maybe just died, or any other experiences? It sounds as if whatever it is, has attached itself to you as you mention this keeps happening and you have moved several times. What else have you tried? It would help to have some more information. I'm not sure what your belief system is, but there are spiritual practices you could employ that would help protect you and clear this entity from your life. You could also seek out the assistance of a reputed psychic medium. They could help you identify what it is that's causing this as well as help remove it from your life. Hope this helps! Good luck!
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-08-07)
Hello and Welcome chartygirl,

After reading your story, I'm thinking that you may have a negative energy attached to you, since you've been experiencing this thing for a number of years now in different homes.

Here's a link you might want to check out:
Https://imaginespirit.com/do-you-have-a-spirit-attachment/

Do you follow any particular faith/religion? If so, you may want to ask someone within your faith for advice on how to proceed with a spiritual cleansing and banishment. Otherwise, there are several ways to conduct a spiritual cleansing/banishment on your own, but you should follow up with research before you go into a cleansing in your home. Here's a few more links to get you started:

Https://otherworldlyoracle.com/cleansing-without-smoke/

Http://national-paranormal-society.org/spiritual-shielding/

Https://psychiclibrary.com/spirit-cleansing-your-home/

Not sure if you would be comfortable doing this, but you could also try to contact a local paranormal group and ask if they know of a reputable spiritual healer or psychic medium to offer you advice.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: