You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost of a Boy

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost of a Boy

 

This is another tale of my mother's, and two of my aunts as well! When she was young she lived in a pretty small house with two of her sisters, one of her brothers and her parents - in a three bedroom house this naturally meant that people were going to have to share. So, the parents had one room, the girls had another, and the boy had the third. It become a tradition whilst the other children were growing up that the eldest got the room to themselves; to promote the idea of independence, give them privacy, and so on.

Well, the boy grew into a man and moved out, and the first of the sisters - my aunt, who ended up getting very involved in the occult - moved into the third bedroom. She lasted about a week before refusing point blank to enter the room again. She was quite high-strung, and obstinate, so she got her way. She told my mom, the second eldest, that someone was watching her whenever she was in there, and that they had moved her stuff around whilst she was still in the room behind her back.

Now, my mom was very impressionable, but very practical. She couldn't get out of staying in the room - her parents barely tolerated the intelligent superstar that was her sister refusing to obey and they would have just told her she was being ridiculous. So, she moved into the room despite being terrified of the ghost, or demon as she thought it, and got ready for her first night there.

She did, however, apologize to the empty air for moving in, and said that she hoped not to be a nuisance. After all, she reasoned, it didn't seem to be able to move rooms and having someone rattle around might get irritating. So, sensing the same feeling of being watched as her sister, she carried on, more afraid of her parents reaction if she ran out that the ghost. Lying down in the bed, she closed her eyes tight shut and said goodnight to the ghost, and refused to open them until morning.

She says that she felt someone brush her hair back, very very gently, and that they didn't seem mean or cruel at all despite what her elder sister said. It was the only time that she ever felt them touch her in any way, but she often felt their presence.

She moved out years later after getting married, having had no problem with the ghost. The elder sister did some research into the house, and found out that the previous owners had a son who was born with Downs Syndrome, and that was his room and he had died there (which had resulted in the parents selling the house). She thinks it was this boy who was the ghost.

The youngest sister, by the way, never moved into the room as she was the youngest child as well, taking away the "eldest moves in" reason - she also got married and moved out before my mom did. She tells me that she hated that room, and was sure there was someone in there; she didn't go in unless ordered. The uncle also says that there might have been someone there, but he ignored it.

Other hauntings by Setion

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Setion, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Hi setion, I greatly enjoyed this story and am glad that this poor soul didn't have any intension of harm, not all spirits are evil but they were human at some point and will get lonely, take care, Katherine...
Setion (6 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
My uncle is the sort of man who doesn't really think about the past. He's in his sixties now, and he was only in the room for less than a year before he moved out, so he doesn't have that good a recollection. As far as my aunt and the occult are concerned, she used to be obsessed with tarot and often her and some of her siblings messed about with a Ouija board they made themselves. My mom? Well, she's a gentle person. A worrywort, but a kind and sweet one =) She was glad to help, even if she was a little nervous at first.

If you want to ask something, I really won't be offended.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Hello Setion,
I find it interesting that your uncle states that there "might have been something in the room". I would say that if his answer was not an emphatic YES, there WAS something there, that there was nothing there as he used the room.
I find it equally interesting that your aunt was heavily into the occult. I am tempted to ask... But I will not. Her beliefs are her own, but was she PRACTICING the occult in that room? Perhaps the little boy was uncomfortable with what was going on there. Those with Down Syndrome are very sensitive to the FEEL of right and wrong, and perhaps he FELT that what she was doing fell under the title of WRONG.
I believe that with the sensitive way in which your mother took over the room, the little boy found a friend. Sometimes it takes months, even years for a living person to form a bond with a Down Syndrome person. The way they think and respond is a bit difficult to explain, but the views are quite childlike, even in their late thirties.
I think this little man was just waiting for someone to notice him, and to give him purpose. While his family moved away, he was still lonely when your family filled the space. There is a certain amount of love and companionship that goes along with raising a child with DS, and I can only picture lots of hugs and kisses being bestowed upon him in his LIFE. Here he is life impaired without ONE SINGLE ACT OF GENTLENESS save that of your mother.
Thank you.
Setion (6 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
Thanks for all your comments =)

The family moved out a number of years back, and so we've got no real way of knowing whether the boy is still there. Thinking on it, my mom probably was the only one being nice to him - that's the sort of person she is, she doesn't like the thought of people being alone when they don't want to be.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Hi Setion. I really enjoyed this story, it was interesting,simple, told in a very good manner and most of all totally believable. Thank you for sharing it with us, Take Care.

FRAWIN 😁 😁
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Perhaps with your mother who apology for moving into the empty room. That the spirit of the boy, knew this gentle person would help them to the other side. Good story.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Another well told story. Thanks Setion 😊.

It seems that your mother was a sensitive and gentle person so no wonder why the spirit of the little boy was gentle to her too. Then again, I don't think this unfortune soul wanted anything else than love.

That was a sad story for me though, as what I make of it, is that this child had not crossed over and, having his parents selling the place and going away, he felt abandoned.

Let's hope he has not been sensed by anyone else since and that he's found his way to the other side.

Tammy 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Setion,
What a wonderful story.
That is sad that apparently the boy was still in the house. He may have been afraid to move on, or that may have been the only place he felt comfortable.

I will say prayers for him to be able to cross over and be comfortable in the Lords care and will bit have to be alone any more.

Do you have family still living in the house? They could go in an speak to him, tell him to go to the light and find comfort and peace. He will be able to be with his family and won't be lonely anymore. Let him know that they understand he is afraid, but it will be much better to cross over. It may take more than one conversation to persude him, but it will be better for him.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Hi Setion. Another great story. I bet the spirit liked your mom the most. Your mother probably was the only person being nice to this poor boy who died. I bet he didn't want to do any harm but he wanted attention. Thanks for sharing your story whith us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: