You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Ghost From a Former Life

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost From a Former Life

 

Let's start with some background information. I am Merwin Meibos, I'm 17 years old and I live in Holland. I have lived in a place called Mildam my whole life until we moved to Heerenveen two years ago. In Mildam I had never encountered any paranormal sightings or anything, so as you can guess I was very pessimistic about the idea of ghosts running around.

However, as a child, I can remember a ghostly image that used to talk to me (I was 6 or 7 years old). She used to tell me stories about my former life, and I never had felt scared when I was around her. Now, I can't remember a lot, but I will try to remember as much as possible (keep in mind, these are memories of 10 years ago, so maybe its a little bit silly).

Scars

In my former life, I was a stealing lowlife, someone that had a scar and 1 earring (funny detail, I was born with a little hole in my right ear, so the doctors called me pirate, and 4 years ago I got a scar from running through a glass door). I did many bad things, and I won't tell details but one of them was falling in love with a married lady (probably my "ghostly image"). I once kissed her, when her husband was at home, and when he found out, he probably killed me (she didn't want to talk about it). Obviously, she felt something for me too, because when she died, she first had to be around me again.

I told my mother about her regularly, but she had always thought it was my imaginary friend, because I had problems finding proper friends when I was 7. When I grew older, I couldn't see her anymore, so I also chalked it up as a stupid mind trick or something. Nowadays, I'm not so sure anymore, because some strange things have happened in my new room.

The first thing began about a year ago, when my room was finished (my father rebuilt almost every room when we moved in). At night, I could hear knocking sounds from my wall on the right or ticking sounds from my gas stove. At first this didn't scare me, because I could explain these sounds. Nowadays, these sounds scare the hell out of me, because I know what happens, when they go on for a long time.

When that happens, first my speakers start to make a scratching sound (I have a computer in my room, with 2 speakers), not very loud, because my parents never heard it. Next thing are the curtains, they start to move slowly, like the wind is playing with it, only there's no wind. The last thing, is this feeling of being scared, mixed with the feeling like something is watching you. After that, it stops immediately, leaving me in my bed, almost drowning in my own cold sweat, not able to sleep another minute. I haven't told this to my parents, because they don't believe in ghosts anyway.

About 3 months ago, I found out why these things start. Its because I think about the wrong things. I know how stupid this sounds, but every time I start thinking about hitting someone I would really like to punch in the face, the sounds begin. I strongly believe that the ghost can read my mind, and that's why I called it Teacher ghost, because teachers punish you to, when they hear a boy would like to punch someone else in the face.

I'm not sure, but maybe this is still the lady from when I was 7, and maybe this is her way to ensure I won't ever do bad things again. If I'm correct, I thank her, and frankly, I don't want her to leave, because I have loved her in a past life.

Other hauntings by mmeibos

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mmeibos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
I did forget something in that last comment, and for that I apologize.
My daughter was born with a half moon birthmark on her lower back. She is fifteen and was told in a past life that she was a strong healer (in my belief system, the shingle that would be hung outside of the dwelling of a healer is that of a half moon).
My son (the four year old) was born with an "angel kiss" on his shoulder (that is a two inch visible blue vein) and a bright mark on the back of his knee. I have been told that he was a knight, or the equivalent of one. He was "brought down" with a sword to the back of his leg, and then his head was saved to prove his death.
But on another thought about birth marks...
My Grandmother was a holistic healer. She had a rather large freckle on the back of her right knee. My Mother is a denier. She believes naught in the Spirit world. SHE has the same freckle, save on the back of her LEFT knee. I am unique. But I share the freckle on the back of the right knee with my Grandmother. I believe in the Spirit world. And then there is my son. He walks with the Spirits, even though he be alive.
Makes you think on why certain birthmarks are given by the Spirits, doesn't it?
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
-1
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
Hello Merwin,
I have not read the other comments, I do not want to think of what the others have written, as I do not want to forget my first response to your story. 😊
I DO believe that this woman who would tell you things about your past life was on the up and up. I DO further feel that she was a former lover, and the reason that the husband was SOOOO angry about the liaison was that you were almost a brother to him.
About a year ago you became an adult (or rather the age of an adult). If you had lived hundreds of years ago, you had reached the age of maturity (for women it would be the age of old maidenhood), and I believe that is the reason for her return.
Not so much to regain the contact that she had for you when you were around seven years old, but to keep you from the fates of what MAY happen to you, if you follow that wrong path again in this life time.
We also have a mentor in our home. Her name is Lamb, and I have not yet discovered her connection with my son, nor do I understand her name. She only speaks with my son, and a few of his "friends", but she is most often at his side when there is some kind of confusion in his life (he is but four, but I have complete faith in his sight. He has a talent far beyond his age.)
I do not feel that Teacher is a ghost. I feel that she has made the transition to the Other Side. That would make her a Spirit, and able to travel in between the realms. THAT is how she is able to read your emotions and your thoughts so well.
Should you feel that she is simply a ghost, ask her to walk towards the light. The door is open, all she need do is to walk through. And assure her that in short time (time is irrelevant to the Spirits. For them, what feels like fifty years, is a mere blink of an eye. Or so I have been told by a very reliable source.) your Spirit will once again join hers.
Thank you.
mmeibos (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
haha, that would be so romantic indeed. It would be like "love is eternal". Thanks for your post 😆
key2theafterlife (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
that is kind of a sweet romantic story in a way... Maybe that woman found another body and is destined to marry you some day ❤ ❤
mmeibos (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
hmmm... If you put it that way, I guess you're right, it's the best for "it" to find it's peace. But I'm not stopping him, I didn't call it, not requested it, it kind of feels like it came to me. What should I do, to make it "rest" in a non violent way (I don't want to scare it off, because I believe that's what makes it angry...). I gues I just like the attention I get from the ghost. That's why I said, I didn't want it to leave.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
thanks, and I have read your response. WE all have our own belief systems, and I respect that.

I would, however, like to caution you as to be careful what you wish for (so to speak). Again, to each his own, but I can not imagine wanting 'it' to stay around and not find 'it's' own peace.

thanks!
God Bless!
mmeibos (guest)
-1
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
kimsouth0, I hope you read this. I do not mean to offend you or anything, but I don't believe in working with crosses and bibles. I also don't believe there's a God (again, I still respect you do) and frankly, I don't even want the ghost to be gone. It hasn't been violent for the 2 years I've experienced it now (except the noises, but that isn't very violent, is it) and I kind of like it...It's very hard too describe, but apart from the scary sounds, it makes me feel comfortable with him or her. You could say it feels like a guardian angel... I hope this explains a bit.
mmeibos (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
thanks everybody for your comments. I wanted to let you guys know, that I will rewrite my story, only I'll seperate the 2 "happenings" now. Hopefully, this will make the story clearer to you. Thx for reading.
ljsco (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
Merwin,

I really liked your story. One of the reasons your story peaked my interest is because it has some earmarks of a real event. Let me explain. For most of my life I didn't believe in reincarnation. Then about ten years ago while doing research on some of the most well known clairvoyants of the past, I became convinced reincarnation is real. Not to mention I had a dream where one of these clairvoyants appeared in the dream explaining some details about reincarnation to me. Maybe just a dream, maybe not.

When we are young, as you were when your lady spirit was coming to you, we are more apt to remember details from a previous life. Mainly because early in life you're recalling what happen towards the end of your last life. In other words, we sometimes can deal with or remember the final acts of a last life because we are still very close as a new born person to those final events. It is more likely to happen if there was trauma involved (as it was in your case).

Also, you were told about many terrible things you may have done in that life. This is another similarity or thread many people who recall reincarnation talk about. And it is probably a good thing that you're being careful not to repeat those kind of actions. I once saw a tv documentary about a young man who had an IQ of over 150 who believed he was reincarnated. He also felt he lived a life of crime in a past life and was determined not to repeat it.

Whether the noises you're hearing now or the curtains moving are real or not (and they very well may be authentic) is not the issue. The point is you're still being reminded we all need to be contributing human beings and not commit inhumane acts (such as punching someone). We all become angry at times and that's OK as long as we keep it under control and strive to become better.

Thanks for writing,
Bill
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Not scary, since they don't seem to be hurting you. I get that same feeling, of someone watchign you at night. So now I always have to sleep with ym TV on. I doubt its a ghost. I'm probably just peranoid. But you better be on yo best behaviour 😉
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Welcome to the site!

First of all, it may be when you 'think of bad things' that you notice this, but keep in mind, it is a theory that entities of any kind manifest themselves from fear or other emotions given off such as anger or hostility. I am not saying it is definitely not the same type of visits you had when you were younger, although I think that unlikely. You may have 'something', by that I mean some type of entity that is playing off of your moods and/or emotions, using this as energy for gathering strength to manifest itself enough to let you know that it is there, thus the scratching in the speakers (there is also a theory that electricity is another form of energy used for manifestation).

I know it is easy to say to take the fear back, to not let 'it' have that power to manifest, but it is certainly something else when it is happening to you. First of all, try placing a cross in your room, preferably more than one. Place a Bible near your bed. Tell 'it' that 'it' is not welcome there in the name of the Lord. Read the Bible aloud. My favorite verse to read aloud is John 3:16. This should send the message.
You could also wear a cross, as a necklace or bracelet or carry one with you.

On a side note, I have ALWAYS been interested in Holland! I have wanted to se the Netherlands my entire life!

Keep us posted!

God Bless!
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
This is a strange story. The scar I could see the hole in the ear is difficult to see from my point of view. I also like [at] rhodes68 if you could elaberate a bit more on this, perhaps in an update might make it a bit more clear. Thanks for sharing this story with us. And thank you for at least posting the picture, that your talking about.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Ok, thanks for sharing but that was a very, I mean, VERY strange story! I hope you're aware of it and don't feel I'm being critical.

What is the picture showing? Are these the scars from your past life? Can you maybe post another story some time in the near future and elaborate on this ghostly affair you had with this lady and a little more about the things you learnt surrounding your past life?

Oh, by the way, teachers do not slap back their students for having violent urges. We usually try to talk to them, understand where all this anger comes from, suggest some more effective ways of human contact. If we fail, we just ask the school's psychologist's help to assist these boys or girls in any way they see fit.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Interesting story, Merwin. Not sure what's going on here, but I think you will get some helpful advice from some regular posters that haven't read this yet, but will.

Perhaps you would be interested in my first story on here, "Whistler," because it happened to me while in Amsterdam (and, no, I was NOT under the influence of any drugs at the time! 😁)

Anyway, I LOVE Maastricht and most things Dutch. Seriously, what a lovely country Holland is--especially the south! Cheers, Merwin!
mmeibos (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
thanks for your post, I know it's a crazy story. And about the fighting, I bet that you had someone that you would really love to punch (not for real, of course).
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
This is a wierd story Merwin. Not that I don't believe you. I find it wierd but interesting that you knew so much of a different life at such a young age. That kind of told me that you didn't have an imaginary friend. Maybe it was somone you loved in your other life. I don't believe in recarnation but who knows? I think the other ghost thoe is not the lady you once fell in love with. It sounds like the spirit is making you feel scared but with the Lady it wasn't like that. It might be a different spirit. But I think the spirit is trying to teach you something. Fighting is not the answer. Like WB says in her profile"fight for those who can not fight for themselves".I hope WB won't be mad that I used her statement. I liked your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: