You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Vivid Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

My Vivid Dreams

 

When I was a kid, during the school summer holidays when my parents were working, myself and my 2 brothers would stay with my grandparents. We loved it there, my grandparents had a wonderful house with a beautiful garden, they were very loving and every day was filled with new exciting adventures. We were a very close family.

When I was around 10 or 11 years old my granddad had a heart attack. When he was in hospital my parents felt I was too young to visit him, then he died a few days later. Again, my parents felt I was too young to go to the funeral. This was heart breaking to me, I never got the chance to say goodbye, I loved my granddad with my whole heart.

My relationship with my Granny stayed the same, very close. At the age of 18 I left Scotland to go traveling and finally settled in Florida, where I am still living today at the age of 28. I am still close to my family, but obviously not as much so.

Last year I returned to Scotland as my granny found out she had cancer and only had a few months left. It was a very emotional and sad visit but every moment was special and precious. After the funeral I returned to Florida.

Once I returned I started having dreams, very vivid, almost real.

The first one, I was sitting in my granny's living room with her and she told me that she was upset about the damp patch above the window.

I called my mum in scotland and told her about the dream. (During this time my granny's house was being emptied as it was being sold.) My mum went to the house, removed the curtains and to her surprise found a damp patch which had not been seen before!

The next dream, my granny came to me and told me that she had forgot to leave something special for my dad (her son) she had left special items for her other children but had forgotten him. She told me to tell him to go into a specific drawer, and a special book would be in there for him to keep. I again called home, told my mum who told my dad, they both went to my granny's house, looked in the drawer and found a very special book. Later on, when the will was read, every child of my granny's was left something special except my dad!

The next few dreams my granny told me about specific items in the house which had been overlooked or lost that she wanted retrieved, she would tell me exactly where they were. I would call my parents and low and behold they would be there! The dreams went on for a few weeks, it was as if my gran was using me to help her finish of her business.

The last dream was amazing. I was standing outside my granny's house and my granddad walked out the front door. He walked to me and told me that he loved me, he missed me and was looking over me. I told him that I missed him and that I was so sorry I never said goodbye. He gave me a big hug and I could feel on my cheek the bristles of his sweater on my cheek, I said again that I loved him and he told me that he loved me to. Then I woke up. Tears were streaming down my face - it was so emotional, vivid and real I could still feel where the sweater bristles had rubbed my cheek!

Since then I have had no dreams about my granny or granddad! But I am glad that I was of help to them after their passing.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lesley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GACfan101 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
What a truely lovely story! I had tears in my eyes at the end. I'm glad you got to experience that it must have felt great to see them. I recomend you read a book called 'Letters for Emily' it reminds me so much of your story, its about a grandfather who wrote little poems in a book for his granddaughter and in the poems where puzzles she had to figure out to do something he wanted her to do, and since she was 7 she had help with her mother. If you ever get the chance I just know you would love it. Anyway thank you for sharing this wonderful touching story ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
How beautiful, Lesley.
Welcome to our site.
I would think that a more appropriate title for this story would have been something along the lines of Nightly Visitations from my Grandmother. How wonderful that you trusted enough in that first vision to relate it to your Mother. I really think that had you treated it as if it were simply a dream, your Grandmother may not have returned to you with the rest of that information. But then again, she may have come back to you a bit more forceful the second time and FORCE you to think it was more than a dream.
I think it is great that after all of those years you were finally able to say good bye to your Grandfather. How terrible to have gone so long thinking that perhaps he did not know how much you cared. I would venture to guess that BOTH of them now have no confusion as to that fact.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
What a touching story. I have never had anything like this happen to me but if it ever should happen I would hope I would handle it as well as you did. I would have loved to have seen the looks on your parents faces when they found that book. Makes me realize more and more that our passed love ones can and do communicate with us if we are open to it. When my mother passed all three of us sisters had an encounter within weeks of her death. I had a dream so did my younger sister and my older sister was making my mom's rice pudding recipe and it wasn't getting right and she heard internally "You just have to cook it a bit longer..." She knew it was my mother. My sister felt a hand stoke her back too and I was in my bathroom and the towel on the rack was waving back and forth and there was no breeze anywhere. I knew instinctively it was my mother. Also the day she died in the hospital it was a gray and rainy day with thick gray clouds everywhere. All of the sudden a shot of sunlight came through the window and landed on my back. At first with all that was going on I didn't notice it but then it got like really warm on my back and I glanced out the window and there was one hole in all those dark clouds creating a funnel type effect and I had the feeling it was an opening for my mother's soul to pass through. That of course could be speculation on my part but it was the first thing that crossed my mind so I'm sticking with it. It is not uncommon to have these things happen within weeks of a death. What you experienced was much more and I'm so glad your grandmother was able to use you to help her with unfinished business. It was also great that you finally got to say goodbye to the grandfather you loved so dearly. Dreams are the gateway to the next dimension in this woman's opinion and I'm sure you would second that motion. You have first hand experience and not many of us ever get that.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
I had tears in my eyes reading your story. Thank you for sharing. I honestly do believe that they can visit us in our dreams. --Especially when there is unfinished business.

Jennifer ❤
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
That was a very touching story, I'm glad you shared it with us. Your story gave me that warm feeling, you know when things turn out right.
I have also had dreams that were so vivid, however I don't know who he was, but he ran to me for protection, he felt so real, and everything around us felt so real. At one point I just ran my hands through his hair, just to comfort him, let him know I was there, and I can still remember the touch of his hair.
Mines unfortunately might have been a simple dream. I'm glad that you were able to see your grandad again, and that you were able to help your grandmother out.

Please share more if there's anything else, I loved your story.

-Sadie
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Beautiful story Lesley. I'm happy you were given the chance to say goodbye to your grandpa and help your granny finish all her business on this earth. I'm sure they're both at ease in a more perfect world which allows those who have passed to watch over their loved ones and prepare their way.

Thanks for sharing.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
What a great story. Those dreams you had were amazing. I came to the realization that ghost could communicate with us throught dreams. When I was around 9 or 10, I had the craziest dream of a girl in my bedroom gesturing for me to come to her, she would be so upset when I didn't go to her. At this point now that I'm older I believe it meant that she was not resting in peace. In the dream she was pacing in circles in the bedroom and the light were off in there. I was having a blast with my family in the living room.
Thank you for sharing your story.
seabird (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
What a great story Lesley! I'm so sorry for your losses. I was best friends with my grandparents so I can relate. That's amazing that your Grandma was able to communicate through dreams so clearly! Wonderful story! Thanks for sharing! 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
I am very sprry for your lost. I believe that you know why this happened. Your grandmother used you to finish her buissnes. I bet she loved you all very much. Thank you for sharring this lovely story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
wow what a lovely story.
Really glad you got to say goodbye to your grandad in the end.
I do believe your grandma was using you to clearup unfinished business and I hope it helped bring closure to you and also to keep that closeness you obviously had with your grandparents.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: