You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Highview Elementary Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

The Highview Elementary Haunting

 

One night around 2:30 or 3:00 AM, my friend Beth and I snuck out of my house to go swinging at the elementary school a few blocks away from my house. While we were swinging I noticed something in the window. I didn't pay much attention to it because I was too into listening to my music and swinging.

Then I noticed it move. So I stopped my swing and told my friend Beth to look where I was to see if she saw it too. She didn't at first but it moved again so she saw it and we both got a little freaked out.

The next day I told my two sisters who went to that school at the time about seeing the shadow in the window. They told me about how their school is haunted by some little girl. They didn't know the full story but they knew she died in the second floor bathroom.

That was a few years ago. A week or so ago I was on MySpace and noticed a bulletin somebody posted about their school being on a website and being haunted. SO I went to the website and saw that the elementary school my sisters went to and where my friend and I saw the shadow was really haunted. They told a story of how a girl got really upset because her teacher screamed at her so she ran to the bathroom which was on the second floor and tried to climb out the vent. She didn't know that the vent was an air conditioner that turned on automatically. So she got killed in the air vent.

So I went to my house to visit and I told my sisters about the website and told them the story. Around 9:30 we decided to go up to the school to see if we could see her. We got there and started swinging and I saw her. I pointed her out to my sisters and they actually started crying they were so scared. We went back home and I told my mom and she didn't believe us. So I took her up to the park and she got to see it for herself. She actually got pretty scared to.

While we were leaving the little girl ghost waved. That freaked me out the most. I really wasn't expecting that. But this is true. If you live in Michigan, in the Dearborn Heights area...

You can go to High View Elementary on Richardson and High View at night and you will see Mary, the girl ghost.

Other hauntings by Nikki1990

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nikki1990, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
How interesting. Thank you for adding the link. Very helpful, as when looking up the school site, like the story almost suggests, there was nothing of this sort found. The Shadowlands is a haunt I used to frequent, as many of you already know.
Somehow I missed this, and will have to check it out on my next trip "home".
Thank you.
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
How tragic! What a terrible thing to happen to the little girl,Mary.She really waved at you? OMG! That is spooky and interesting!Thanks,for sharing the story and for that website.😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hey GhostFollowerKate, I think I hear that story before.It's was sad that the little boy fell. But what can we do about it now.
GIRLIE 😢
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Essiej, the website is http://theshadowlands.net/places/michigan.htm

It's in Dearborn Heights and called Highview elementary...
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
My Mama grew up in Detroit. I think I will ask her about this. I can't imagine her knowing and not trying to do something about this. I tried to google it, but couldn't find the right website, could you point us in the right direction?
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Flutterofwings, I've heard of the Denton Grave Yard... I want to go there. What other ghost stories do you know about in Dearborn Heights?
GhostFollowerKate (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
My old Junior school (I'm now in the last year in highschool) was an old victorian school, and there was a big bell tower, they had to take the bell down because years and years ago, a boy was sent up to ring it to signal the start of the school day, the bell fell off and crushed the poor child. The bell tower was always closed off and their was some sightings of a boy from the window at the top of the tower. Spooky huh. Xx 😕
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
HI, oh wow that is so cool. When I was ems I though my school it was haunted. Because one of the teaters and a heartattack in the gym. He didn't died there he died at the hospalet, but it still scared me. Mainly because in 5th grade I had to stay in the cafarer for a hour before anyone came. And the cafe is right beside the gym. Scary uh.
GIRLIE 😁
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
I live in Mi never heard this one but the city you talk about has ghost in them and many other places in Mi has haunting going on. Like Denton Grave Yard, or go the other way down Denton and some nights see the black car go by with tinted windows and then its gone.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hi, this is a good story, and sad about the little girl. I know that some teachers these days don't give a hoot about some of the kids. Maybe that little girl was just letting you know that she is okay now and happy. Please keep posting some stories. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: