You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Window Ghost And The Bandanna

Real Ghost Stories

Window Ghost And The Bandanna

 

This happened back in August 2006. My friend's name is Aya (a name she hates, so she goes by Kaze), and she was 11 and 8 months old at the time; I was 12 and 1 month old.

On this specific summer night, I was at a sleepover with my best friend, Kaze Takahara. We had eaten our dinners, and were watching television, it was really late and we were acting all cool. Suddenly she says, "Let's go to my room..."

Off we go, and then about half an hour later so - around 9:30 - I left the room and ran back in with a faked terrified look on my face, she asked what was wrong with me, and I said to her in a low hiss that someone was looking in the front door, and the handle was turning. The first thing she did was jump onto her bed and hide in the corner. I told her to pull herself together and asked if the door was locked. She said it was, so I calmed down a bit. (Her step-father, I think it was, had a criminal record, and he knew where she lived.)

By this point I started to snicker, because I was only kidding around. So I basically freaked out when she said, "I will go see if you're telling the truth or not, Melissa!" She leaves the room, and comes back in looking like she'd just seen a dancing zombie banana (sorry for the humor...). She said that there was no-one at the door, but there was someone at the window.

Kaze could see through the curtains because they were cream-colored with the moon behind them. I told her that I was only kidding, and she said, "You were? I'm telling you Melissa, there really is someone at the window!"

We fled into her wardrobe, which faced her glass door. She made sure said door was locked; we stared at the see-through door for what seemed like hours, when suddenly I noticed she was asleep on my shoulder. I fell asleep after that, when I woke up it was morning, and I could smell breakfast cooking. I left the wardrobe and saw that my friend's nightstand was knocked down, and that her lamp was broken. Kaze came in; she told me to look out her door, (outside her door she has a bottle collection to earn money) and all the bottles were knocked over, smashed, and shattered everywhere.

We later figured out that it was because of an Ouija summoning we did earlier that day. Right after I came over, her grandmother was messing with an Ouija board saying this weird chant that sounded something like "Tata Kayana Tuma Tuma Ahroooh, Beswish Tata kara Maru Sayana Shaderka". How did I memorize it all? Because her grandmother followed us with the Ouija board saying that same chant all night.

She told me - and I have NO idea if this part is related to the ghost that smashed the bottles - that in the middle of the night, she got up to go to the bathroom but she saw something black next to her nightstand and she didn't leave the wardrobe. She also said that she heard sinister cackling, and that she actually saw her nightstand being knocked down by an entity (I asked her, but she wouldn't disclose any details). Her dog entered the room during one point of the night, and began barking at something (she wouldn't explain this, which made me skeptical of her statement).

Later, in '07 (on Halloween, to say the least), we (as in Kaze and I) were sitting on the couch, eating popcorn and watching Ju-on: The Grudge when from the corner of my eye I see someone walk past the glass door. So I freak out a little because it was 3am and we were the only ones home, so I tell her "Hey someone walked by..."

Since Kaze lives in the country, and her closest neighbors are a mile away, I thought maybe I was just seeing stuff so we shrug it off and continue watching Ju-on when her dog starts barking and runs outside. Kaze gets up and goes outside to see what's wrong and the dog comes back inside whimpering with a bandana around its neck. Her dog didn't have it on its neck when it left so we locked all the doors and shut the DVD player off.

Comments, questions? Say whatever you want, I am not a Thought Police. Or whatever they're called.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SuperHaraki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Ok, so...
SuperHaraki,
Just a question. Who are Tee, Jeana, Tara, Lyr, & Tash? (Teagen, Jeana, Tara, Destiny Lyrical, and Tasha) Why are they not in this telling, instead of Kaze?
Another question. What about the huge vase that dropped and scattered, scaring the Grandmother so badly that she screamed?
Thank you for this story.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hi,Brownie09

Good story. I have to agree with Tonith, animals will not let anyone put anything on them, in your case the bandana, unless they are very familiar with you even then that can be a bit of a mission.

"We later figured out that it was because of an Ouija summoning we did earlier that day. Right after I came over, her grandmother was messing with an Ouija board saying this weird chant that sounded something like "Tata Kayana Tuma Tuma Ahroooh, Beswish Tata kara Maru Sayana Shaderka". How did I memorize it all? Because her grandmother followed us with the Ouija board saying that same chant all night"

We all know ouija boards are dangerous, why on earth would your friends grandmother, follow you around chanting whatever she was chanting. That really surprised me. It is not the kind of behaviour you would expect from an elderly.

Good story though.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Dogs don't put bandanas around their own necks. Someone either did it or something did it. I don't know if you could get close enough to a freaked out animal to do this unless it knew you and knew you well. Sounds like this household had its share of superstition and occult beliefs. What nationality are we speaking of? The grandmother following you around chanting with a ouija board sends warning signals of someone who is not fully mentally functional or someone who is living out a second childhood complete with pranks.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Yeah,it did, especially when it started out as you just kidding around with her and then her not even knowing but she telling you about what she saw, I have to say it did give me goosebumps, but I would definitely ask someone about that house, and see what you can find out about it. I mean it has to be something especially if you can remember the chant ya'll said so well. Please keep us posted.
You never know what you could find out about the place and I would like to hear it. 😊
SuperHaraki (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Brownie09: Nope, I never asked anyone in her family about the house... Lol. I'll try to ASAP though.:D Thanks for the comment, didn't my story just SPOOK you to the bone? (end sarcasm)
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
WOW, that is a good story, I think it might have something to do with the Ouija board don't know if I spelt that right or not, or it could just be a spirit that might have been a burgular, or a man that once lived there. I know it probably don't make any sense, but have you ever asked anyone how old the house is? Maybe you can look up some history on it, or it just might be a spirit that came through with the Ouji board. But again like I said that is my opinion. If you have any more stories feel free to share them with all of us please.

~Vicki 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: