You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Strange Lady Sitting On The Window Sill

Real Ghost Stories

The Strange Lady Sitting On The Window Sill

 

Assalamoalikum and greetings everyone. I have been a reader of YGS for years and don't have any paranormal experiences of my own. The incident I'm about to narrate was told to me by my wife and which happened to my mother-in-law.

A bit of a background about our family. I and my wife are both medical doctors doing our post-graduation and born and bred in Karachi with Urdu as our first language.

This happened when my wife was about 6-7 years old and her family decided to take a trip to the Northern areas of Pakistan. Gilgit & Baltistan along with Kashmir are some of the most beautiful places in the world with tall ice capped mountains and captivating valleys and above all with the solitude and calmness in contrast to the busy and polluted air of the cities is a welcome escape from the daily routine.

So coming back to the story, they packed and left in early morning for a week's trip which included the parents and my wife with her 3 elder siblings (2 sisters and brother). They enjoyed a lot on their trip especially at the famous Hunza and Kaghan valleys.

At one point, with a day remaining of their trip they couldn't find a suitable hotel and after much hassle got one at a very distant place with very little population and residences around. There was hardly anyone residing in the hotel at that moment and they got a room on the 2nd floor. Now this room had 2 windows, one larger facing one of the beds at some distance from the foot end and both of these were locked. As there was a day remaining they decided to do some shopping and left in the afternoon and returned around 10pm. They immediately took to packing their stuff.

My mother-in-law couldn't find a beautiful ladies handbag she bought on one of her earlier shoppings. They looked everywhere in the room and in their travel bags which sounded very strange as they took much care locking all their stuff when they left and she distinctly remembered putting it in one of the travel bags and locking it up, then where did it go? It was already late night so they decided to sleep with hopes of giving it one more try in the morning before leaving.

That night my mother-in-law woke around 2pm at night and felt the room's temperature to be unusually cold when something caught her eye which gave her chills. She saw that the large window near the bed was open and there was a woman sitting on the window sill facing her. She was attired in traditional northern clothing even wearing a traditional Hunzai womam cap and had a blank expression on her face. The eerie part was that she had my mother-in-law's handbag in one hand and with her other hand was slowly gesturing calling her near as if to come and take her bag. My mother-in-law started reciting Duas and drew the blanket over her face and kept it as such. After sometime she felt that the heaviness and cold in the room had gone but she couldn't sleep for the night.

When everybody woke up in the morning, she was shocked to see the window locked and her handbag lying on the side table near the bed. She told everyone after which they started packing and left.

The thing which concerned her was that how the lady got there when everything was locked, how she got the bag in the first place and above all who was she and whether she was evil. They tried asking the receptionist about it and he had no clue either as he started working there recently.

Apologies for the length of the story and thanks for reading. Kindly let me know what you think in the comments section.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Khan_M, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-04-06)
I got chills down my arm imagining the girl in my mind with that handbag in one of her hands... I would have started screaming in fear, waking everyone in my surroundings. Your mum-in-law is really brave.
Malik96 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-03-19)
Hey OP, How are you, Faced kind of a similar situation during my visit to Hunza, had to stay at a hotel in the very low population area, We were 7 men in the room and all of us faced different situations, from screams to seeing a girl near the window, Asking the locald we got the idea that she probably was a girl who was killed for one reason or another as in case of tribal families.
Khan_M (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-02-19)
[at] Rajine
Thanks for reading. I'm also of the same opinion. It was probably a teasing rather than a menacing entity but who knows what would have happened if my mother-in-law went closer.
Anyhow I have more stories to share but I'm a busy man. Hopefully will post more of such experiences sometime in future.

[at] lady-glow

Thanks for reading. Yes I suppose. We mostly imagine wandering spirits to be malevolent and threatening but I think manier times they are strongly territorial, not likely any sort of intrusion.
It was a long time back and tourism in those areas have become more organized and sophisticated with proper reservations and tourism support. And with the increase of urbanization in Northern areas of Pakistan, such experiences are far less likely to occur nowadays.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-14)
Well, at least the spirit had the decency of giving your MIL her purse back.

Thanks for sharing.
Rajine (14 stories) (739 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-14)
Hi Khan_M

Those are really one of the most beautiful places to visit, perhaps your mother in law encountered a random spirit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: