You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Macabre Pursuer

Real Ghost Stories

My Macabre Pursuer

 

I am taking a new angle with the choosing of this story. In my previous entries, I focused on incidents which where pleasant and showed the love and contentment with the subject spirits, but in this story, the spirit in question was of a more malevolent substance. This is taken from my own memory.

It was late April 2007. My friend, who is called Michael, was with me. Our intentions for that day were to go to the Odyssey arena in Belfast to view the WWE RAW Wrestlemania Revenge Tour event, which was taking place in the arena.

My mother drove us there and parked the car near the arena, between the car and the road to the arena where there was a bare construction site, surrounded by a green railing. We skirted round that and fought through the incredibly enthusiastic and boisterous crowd of wrestling fans, which we enthusiastically joined.

After the show had finished, it was past midnight and we left to find the car.

Michael and I began to walk along the path of the main road from the Odyssey Arena. It was very loud and crowded, but as we progressed, the volume dropped and even the expansive ocean of roaring vehicles beside us seemed muffled and distorted. This unnatural sensation broke us out of our excited discussion about the show and plunged us into a wary state of general discomfort.

I was the one to get the feeling. I turned my head and there was the strangest figure I have ever seen. It was dark and tall, wearing what looked to be an equally dark outfit. It had a very distinct feature on its person; a shinning silver thing, it could have been a necklace, a brooch or even a large button.

It did not make sense to me. It was standing under a street light, yet, was completely dark? I could not grasp it and it felt horrible to look at it.

My friend, of course, could not see this thing, but felt it. He was turning white and he could not understand what I was looking at. He told me, "Cut the crap and come on." I was beginning to suspect danger, so I just walked on, quickly, in the hope of finding my mother's car. The thing pursued us, making no noise at all, walking steadily while this muffled sensation continued.

I must confess that I was frightened. I had never encountered anything this sinister before in my other spirit sightings and have not since. So, in my rash mood, I decided to cut across the construction sight with the hope that it would not follow. Of course, I was wrong and I ran in blind panic (I feel embarrassed about it now) across to the other side with Michael in pursuit. He was scared, but probably thought I was insane.

We reached the edge, scaled the fence and off home we went. The thing had apparently vanished.

I later told this to my mother who wrote it in her diary and told me, "Relax, that thing is gone now, it will never hurt you."

I was genuinely terrified that night. I do not know what it was, and I do not want to see it again.

Other hauntings by niallacaldwell

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, niallacaldwell, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

poslem (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
Do you have any more info? Stuff you have not posted yet?
Looking for more info at the mo about the Odyssey arena in Belfast.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Eerie story but glad you and Michael are safe. Take care of yourself Niallacaldwel. 😉
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
I have had something similar happen to me.
While most of my paranormal activities happened in my home. This happened on the road.

It was in the afternoon. I was driving though the neighborhood. Slightly dark out (I think rain was in the forecast). I was at a four way stop. No cars to the left, Right or in front of me. The stop sign across the street featured a cross walk. Crossing the street appeared to be a tall, lanky, ALL BLACK figure (male?). Head to Toe black. Head slightly bent down. And while, this shouldn't frighten one in theory... It scared me... Much like your figure scared you. He/It crossed, I drove on, looked in the rearview mirror and saw nothing (this was a neighborhood who just had bushes and trees removed, so you would still easily see someone walking). I have never in my life felt so shaken up/such an overwhelming sense of evil.

I'm sorry for the long comment, but I know the feeling you must have had.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Thank you, niallacaldwel, for sharing this with us. I can understand the muffling of sound after the build up in the arena. It is quite an adrenalin rush to be in the midst of something that large scale, is it not? It seems like after the event is over, and our ears then start to adjust to the QUIET of passing cars, people still talking, yelling out to others in cars, THOSE sounds almost appear surreal.
I wonder why a Shadow Person would be in need of a shiny medallion, but then, like FRAWIN just said, " No one really knows what all lies on the other side of the Veil"
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hello niallacaldwell. No one really knows what all lies on the other side of the Veil that separates their world from ours. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.
.
FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: