You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Wedding Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

Wedding Ghosts?

 

Lately, we have felt a presence in our house. First we heard footsteps, then it graduated to hearing people whispering in our hallway. Everything seems to happen upstairs where all the bedrooms are.

One night, I was in bed, lying there awake. About three am I felt a hand touch my face. I was startled but not scared. My fiancé was in bed next to me sleeping, so I know it wasn't him. The weird thing is, I felt comforted. It wasn't a scary feeling.

His mother lives with us and isn't in the best health. The other night, she wasn't feeling good and was in bed when she felt something pass through her. She described it as a puff going through her and she felt better afterwards. Sometimes, when I'm down in the basement the light flickers.

We are getting married soon. Do you think this could have an effect on ghosts coming around?

On the fifth anniversary of my fiancé's father's death, a watch he had been missing for months showed up in the middle of our floor. I almost stepped on it! In the mean time, we had a time change and the watch was now the right time.

I think there is more then one ghost here, none of which I fear. I wish some of our relatives that had passed could be at wedding and have voiced my opinion about this. I wonder if that brought them around?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, babydork, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I some how think that these spirits in your home are your beloved ones who had to leave this world. I believe that they realy love you and your family and want the best for them. I don't think the place is haunted but I believe that they come and pop in once in a while. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
The watch was definitely from your fiance's father and the other ghosts, well, your deceased family members want to be a part of the wedding too. You get what you wish for is the old saying. Best of Luck to you both! Congratulations.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Hi babydork!

I have to agree with everyone here. They all said what I was going to say so I am not going to say anything. Thanks for sharing your story with us!

Biemaster
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
I think that these spirits are your relatives who have died and can't be at your wedding so are showing you that they are there in spirit. In this case you have nothing to fear and rightly so that you don't.

Thanks for sharing and it'll be great to read some for from you in the future.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
So nice to hear a positive ghost story. I think whoever is visiting is not in anyway harmful. They may just want to be part of the festivities. I just had my first grandson and how I wish my mother would have lived to see him. We miss those that have gone before us but it's nice to know they can still communicate with us when the conditions are right. Congrats on your wedding. May you and Ken have a long and happy life together.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
I would take comfort in these occurrences in your home, and I certainly WOULD think that they could be the Spirits of your loved ones that you wished could be in attendance.
Congratulations. And many happy years of wedded bliss.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hello babydork. Sometimes we get what we ask for, so it could be "guests" arriving early. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.
.
FRAWIN 😊
babydork (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
The night I wrote this story I was kidding around with my fiance and I said if there are any ghosts here give us a sign. A few minutes went by and the light flickered... We just blew it off. That night Ken couldn't sleep he got up about 5am and came downstairs and fell asleep on the couch.
About 630am I woke up to a phone ringing in my ear, it was so loud. Weird thing is we had been having problems with our phone before this had to get them to come out and fix all our phones in the upstairs where still unpligged and I didn't even have a phone in my bedroom.

Later that day we where down in the basement my dog and I where on the couch playing, Ken was sitting across the room in his chair. All of a sudden something hit the back of the couch, Ken even heard it and nothing was there. Kinda weird but we weren't scared. Two more days to the wedding I'm interested to see if it settles down after.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hi, thanks for the story, you might as well be right about the ghosts coming around, As for your fiancé's watch turning up on the anniversary of his father's death, it might have been his father that returned the watch, knowing the time was correct. So you might have your family for your wedding after all. Good Luck and Best Wishes. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: