You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost In The Vent

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In The Vent

 

It all started around the Christmas of 2007. After that Christmas, I began to feel like some one was watching me, watching my every move. So I suspected that there was a ghost, but I wasn't quit sure of it.

It had begun to get more and more paranormal. I had felt a very cold chill every time I walked into my room to play video games. At first, I started to think that there was nothing there, but for all I knew the ghost could strike at any time. When my friend spent the night at my house, we both felt the chill, almost like if some one was walking past us. Then it got even worse.

In 2008 we both started to see lights flicker and turn off. We checked the lights in the morning and they were working completely fine. We decided to use my video camera to look in the air vent, then we saw it. It appeared as a white streak of light with rainbow colors outlining it, and we could only see it with the camera. It seemed as if it was dancing in the vent! A few days later me and my friends looked in the other vents with the camera, but found nothing.

Then the tricks were pulled out. The ghost will some times tend to shake up my soda when I'm looking elsewhere, and the soda sprays all over me. Some where around one month from that, when my friend came over, and I was home alone with my friend, we were cracking ourselves up by chanting and shouting, "Nationwide is on your side!" We were playing video games at that time and then all of a sudden, the TV turned off, which officially freaked us out. We considered that we probably ticked the ghost off by repeatedly saying, "Nationwide is on your side." so we didn't ever chant and shout that at my house again.

Now, we have been trying to catch more on my video camera, and we are thinking it just might work.

Other hauntings by Sonicfreak

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sonicfreak, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ilovearcher (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
i have a similar experience.
I can see to eyes staring at me from my vent!
Oh,and I'm a sonic freak,too!
Lol
Sonicfreak (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
I will make a part 2 to this because I "KNOW" some thing will happen again! 😁 😁 😁
Sonicfreak (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
I know some of you out there think it was "electrical problems" but it's not. My T.V. Has never done that before or sence. And the lamp thing isn't a "electrical problem" either because, it only does it at the scariest points of night and only when my freinds spend the night. 😕 😕 😕
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Have to agree it could be due to something electrical that could be out of order. I don't put much stock in orbs but that's me. Too many other explanations like dust or gases (it was a vent after all) so unless you have emf readings going off in response to questions I don't know if I would consider this orb anything other than natural. Still you could have a resident ghost with cold spots and lights going on and off or tv's doing the same. It's either that or all the energy teens can have naturally being released which can result in what is taken for poltergeist activity. Keep investigating. Use cameras or video cams or sound recorders and see what you come up with. This will tell you if it's something that is there or if one of you are creating it through your own energy level.
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
That is so wierd! But it is very interesting. Maybe you should bless the house. 😐
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Dont be nice to it, it doesn't care about being nice to you.

Rebuke it in the name of Jesus, who does it think it is.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
When you state it is only visible via your camera, does that mean via your camera lens with you looking through it or by photos you have taken?

Thanks,
God Bless!
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
"Nationwide is on your side!" lol,

It seems you just have a roommate, Be nice to it.

Gary:)
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Cool Story, and yes I think it will work, I was going to do that in my sisters bedroom but I'm afraid if she finds the camara cause she always does and she snoops, she may see something. Because I do believe there is something in my house, something not right...
brainlessbandit (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Check the electrical wiring in your home. Faulty wiring creates EM fields which can cause hallucinations, like the feeling of being watched. Also, the dancing orb you saw in the vent may be a dust particle that your cam picked up and your eyes didn't. Dust can seem like orbs in camera shots, and the rainbow coloration you described supports my theory.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Hi sonicfreak. Do you live in this house alone? It sounds like you have paranormal activity there. The entity kind of sounds like to me that it is playful meaning it likes playing tricks on you. Right now it doesn't like it is there to harm you. Do you know any history on your house and property. I would try to find this out if it was me. It really helps to find out who lived there in the past, etc. Because then you may find out why this is occurring.

If you do find anything out on your video camera, etc. Write an update to this story and attach pictures you have if anything shows up. Everyone will help with this. Thanks for your story it was interesting to read. 😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
I cool story. Maybe you should look up the history of that house. Or asked old niebers or old people that have been around the place for a long time or know it really well. What I mean is someone could have died in there.
GIRLIE 😁
Sonicfreak (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Hi every body! Please comment to help me with this paranormal problem. If you find a solution please comment or e-mail me! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: