You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Beer Can

Real Ghost Stories

The Beer Can

 

We had a party for my Grandma's 60th birthday, and I was up at 2 am with my uncle and his friend, Angel. We went to his house where his parents were sleeping in their room. I had invited my boyfriend, so it was my boyfriend, my uncle, Angel and me.

My uncle went into a room to get the DVD case so we could pick out a movie for the night. As my uncle went to get the case, my boyfriend went to the bathroom, leaving just Angel and me in the room. There was an empty beer can on the table across from us, and it started to vibrate. We looked at each other and assumed it was just the two rotating fans in the room and the kitchen.

The can rattled again. This time, we paid attention to the way the fans were rotating. By then, my boyfriend was back and my uncle was still looking for that darn DVD case. As the fan blew in the direction of the can, it didn't move. That meant the fan was out of the question. We know that a lot of stuff happens where they live, so we ignored it.

It rattled again and Angel finally said, "If there is someone in here, could you shake the can?" The can shook again. My uncle came in from the hall with the DVDs and we told him what had happened. He just said, "Oh I guess Josh is here." Then he said, "Hi." and the can shook.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kawaii52, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hello---This story reminds me a bit of an old tv comedy called the Munsters. When people from the outside world would see something really weird happen in the Munster home, the family would always react with a humorous nonchalance about it. Even if Spot, their firebreathing dragon under the stairs, decided to let out a roar while the guest was present.

From time to time I have read of spirits who behave in the way described in this story.
It's an entertaining account, pleasantly light.
Thanks for the story.
Wildone (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
I really liked this story. I smiled and even chuckled a little. Who doesn't appreciate a good beer once in a while?
All the way up to the last sentence, though, I was thinking vibrations. You had people walking through the apartment which COULD have caused a bit of floor movement, even from a separate room.
That last sentence though, what was the relationship between your Uncle and Josh? This is really interesting.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Hi Kawaii52, I enjoyed your story. I like the friendship your uncle has with Josh. What did your uncle tell you about Josh and how they came to be living with each other?I'd be interested in any other details you could provide, this is a really interesting story. Thanks for sharing.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
Hi Kawaii52, Awesome story! I was just wondering, who is Josh? Is he realated to you or your uncle in some way? Did he have some connection with beer or that specific beer can? The answers to these few questions might clear up a few things 😊
Hope to hear from you, Lily x
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
WOW that is such a cool story. I'm sersouse. Man. I really like your story. I even called my friend and told her and she even said it was cool.
GIRLIE 😲
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Well it sure sounds like Josh wanted a beer. But what guy or spirit doesnt?:) Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Hahaha that is a cool story maybe it just wanted to have a beer with you guys!
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
That's pretty cool. At least your uncle has a good relationship with this spirit. I guess he was just wanted you guys to know he was there and to say hello. Good story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: