You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Years Of Poltergeist Occurrences?

Real Ghost Stories

Years Of Poltergeist Occurrences?

 

I am a 37 year old female living in Dallas, Texas. I have been bothered and harassed by something since I was about eight years old. It sounds so crazy that I have only told a few people.

When I was young, I would "feel" things in the house that I grew up in. It was during these years that I first experienced paralysis during sleep, as I felt something hovering above my body. If that was not enough to terrify me, I started feeling the presence of something malevolent on a continual basis. I would sleep with my closet light on and eventually became an insomniac.

The most terrifying thing I experienced in that house, which I have never seen it as a 'home', was when I was fourteen and on the way to the bus stop for school. I realized that I had forgotten something and decided to go back in to get it. As I was walking up to the house, I saw a cloaked, black faceless figure in my father's bedroom. It stopped me in my tracks. I just stared and when it noticed me, it moved the curtains back over itself. I ran screaming all the way to the bus stop. I told my father about it and he said to pray.

I suspected he had experienced strange things too, although he would not admit it. I moved out of that house at eighteen. I rarely went back and haven't been in there for ten years.

There have been so many instances of feeling the malevolent presence. It would take all night to write about, so I'll update you from the past year.

I had been living with family friends for the past year and so many months. This family is extremely religious; the husband is a deacon at my former church. I feel that that information is noteworthy. I am also a Christian.

The moment I stepped in that house I felt two different entities. One was the familiar one from all these years and another was a spirit of an older man. I stayed up late at night a lot on the computer, and I would feel like someone was watching me in the kitchen. Also, I constantly felt this spirit, a ghost, I think, in the utility room. I never felt the spirit anywhere else in the house. I can't tell you how many things came up missing, it became a running joke.

The most disturbing though, was this evil presence I continued to feel and eventually see as a black shadow in the corner of the room, high up to the ceiling. I would hear soft muffled talking and feel something touching my feet and legs. This happened, off and on, the entire time I was there. I moved out eight weeks ago and up until a couple of weeks ago, I thought all of this had ended. Now, I am feeling this evil entity again at night.

I have been researching things and I wonder if this is maybe a poltergeist. I am bipolar, not psychotic and I take my medication, so please, respectfully, do not tell me I may have been hallucinating.

Could my depression and childhood issues from abuse cause this thing? If anyone could shed some light on how or why something would "follow" me all this time, I would appreciate it. I constantly pray in Jesus' name out loud. Please help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sherryk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Acacia (1 stories) (4 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
Dear SherryK,

I realized you posted this several years ago, but I am now just reading it. There was lots of great advice mentioned by other members; however, I respectfully disagree with Hoochler. By paying attention and certainly speaking to these entities we give them more power, encouragement and of course implied permission to continue and more likely escalate contact with us.

As you are a Christian, I suggest the following cleansing ritual for you home:

* Pray the following passages out loud. Mark 11:22-25; Job 1:10 (Often we need to claim out loud to all spiritual things the promises made to us by The Creator and make known to the unwanted entity of The Lord's promises to you) The whole chapter of John 17 is Jesus' prayer to The Lord and includes many intercessions of protection, you can't go wrong with that!:-)

* Put on the spiritual warfare armor. Pray this passage out loud. Ephessians 6:10-18 (This tells us the pieces of the armor of The Lord)

* Anoint your house. To consecrate and sanctify your oil follow the instructions below:
1. Put any type of oil (olive, vegetable or the pricier aromatic oils like lavender, mint, etc) into a small container and pray out loud while holding it. Basically you want to pray that you are spiritually cleansing your house and are asking The Lord to make holy, sanctified and consecrated the oil in your hands. If you are Catholic and do not feel comfortable doing this, ask a Priest for Holy Water.

2. Anoint every door and window inside your house by dipping fingers in oil and touching wall/molding/ledge etc. Above opening while saying, "I anoint my home/property/person by the authority and in the name of the The Heavenly Father, his Son and the Holy Spirit. All demons/ghosts/evil spirits must leave this home/property/person now. Thank you Lord for cleansing my home/property/person."

3. Go outside to each doorway leading into the house. Repeat step two. Make sure to include garages, barnes, outbuildings etc. This also can be done on property gates if you have fencing.

This will need to be repeated as we see in Luke 11:24-26, the evil spirit/s may come back. Do not despair! Repeat the steps and keep the faith!

*
arkgodwin (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-26)
Often times emotional stress can attract a malevolent spirit, and believe me, you are not crazy; don't let people lead you to believe you are. Personally I am also Christian, and the advice I would give is to go to a priest and have your house blessed, then go to a therapist and try to work over your issues (hard a know) this should help minimize the link between you and this entity. Also, if you feel this spirit after the blessing use this saying (but ONLY to banish it)
"By the power of Jesus and the Lord, I command you to leave" (you can substitute god or heavenly father) hope this helps:)
robertar (223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
your story sounds simlar to that of Bill Bean, the guy that wrote Dark Force. You can find his website and facebook pages if you are interested. He is a christian also but did not learn to rely on God for help until he was older.

He also had a hooded entity, among others, through his life.
maecille (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
ok so this story has been posted for a while and I really don't know if you will even see this! I didn't read all the comments it's late and I got bored with them so if I repeat what someone else said I'm sorry! As a young adult from a family of what people like to call "sensitives", I've come to realize that USUALLY what people SEE are nothing but impressions of people left behind. They are not really ghosts at all but the shadows of people passed. As far as that goes they do not usually follow you they are like the utility room spirit you talked about. They have their habit and they usually stick to one certain path. And while they may give you and odd creepy feeling you are normally able to sense that they mean no harm! When you feel threatened it is usually because you are! It's your gut instinct and you should always trust that. However this black form you talked about not gives you a sense of eveil which means that it probably is but it follows you wherever you go which suggests to me that what you are dealing with is not a ghost but a demon! And they can and do mean harm! I am curious to know if you were ever around anyone who messed with ouiji boards or know of anyone you suspect might have? Also has anyone in your family ever experimented in anything even slightly pertaining to anything even remotely ouiji boardish. My aunt lived in a house where she practiced this type of thing and in the process opened some sort of door and as a result when I later lived in that house with my mother and sister we had to deal with a whole mess of lurking evil. Have you ever heard anyone say that someone who carries evil with them can leave evil behind? It's possible this has happened to you which is why you've been followed ny this thing. HAve some one come and bless you! And your house! And pray over rvery room in it! And around it! And rebuke any evil that lurks! It's extremely possible this will work! But know that evil does not know what is in our hearts so any rebuking must be done out loud!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
Hi sherryk.You're going through a lot.You've mentioned the second spirit at your friend's house, it doesn't sound to be a threat or menacing. That makes me think you have a certain sensitivity to spirits. Have you felt other non-threatening spirits around you? In the case of this one spirit that seems to follow you, I'm really glad you have religion to help you through. I feel like you need to turn to what you strongly believe in for strength. I want to disagree with Hoochler, I don't think it would be a good idea to try to engage in a dialogue with this entity. Instead just be firm and tell it to leave you alone, use the name of God and all that is holy to you. Make it know it isn't welcome in your life and you want it to leave. I agree with others who have suggested crosses, the bible and other spiritual items. With them and your own strength, which you do have!, they can work together within your mind and soul.It's a sad thing that this entity seems attached to you but from what you've described, you've been a strong person and still are. This hasn't broken you yet. Pray and be determined that you will get this out of your life.
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-28)
Sherryk,

These things know what you are up too. If they feel you are on the right track they can increase the uneasiness you feel. You are on the right track.

I have experienced the paranormal for many years, I do believe that there is some empowerment that this entity has because it was able to bully you when you were younger. However, now that you are older, do not let those childhood fears set in. I will tell you what I have around my room that prevents any touching or fears. I know the fear you talk about, that presence of evil, very powerful, all of a sudden, immense and disturbing.

I have burned incense throughout the house, and have a bible and cross next to my bed, placed on the far left and right, I sleep in the middle. I sprinkle holy water around my bed and ask for God to send protection at night and Guardians to look after me. It works, and man can I sleep good now. The peace of mind this can bring about is amazing, your faith and persistence in keeping yourself surrounded by positive energies is crucial, this will increase your energy and decrease anything else.

I think of these things as weopons and barriers I put up when my body is vulnerable. I am not sure about getting rid of these things permanently, without a Priest or Exorcism, but for now this should create great comfort.

Goodluck and Godbless.
livvy_poolekirkby (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-27)
Hi Sherryk
I hope all is well with you,
I just thought I would let you know I was sexually abused by an uncle when I was 5 years old, and I still have not got over it. I don't think I did anything wrong to deserve a spirit who wants to abuse me.
God bless...x
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-27)
Hi, after reading your story, I have to agree with the other guys, it could most definitely have to do with childhood issues. I don't know what you went through, but for an entity to be with you for this many years, I am taking it as it was very traumatic. Have you actually dealt with what you went through as a child, or have you just carried on with life with all that has happened pushed to the back of your mind. Maybe at some point during your childhood you probably accidently summoned this entity, because you had no one to turn to. Maybe taking about what you went through with someone close to you or even someone who knows nothing about you will banish this entity once and for all. PLEASE carry on doing what you are doing as well, be careful if you decide to confront him/her. You can always email me should you feel like talking about what you went through. We are all here to help.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
I read all the comments (a lot of good, constructive advice) and that it left you alone for a night, presumably after you followed some of the advice. That is great, and if it continues to leave you alone, I would suggest the engineer's first rule of "If it works, don't mess with it" keep doing whatever you started doing as long as it keeps working.

But... If it does come back, you might want to have a plan B. If it does come back, you might want to consider opening some sort of a dialogue with it and ask it why it seeks your company and what it wants from you. The more you can find out about it, like why its with you in the first place and what its motivation (s) are, the easier it should be to devise a plan to get rid of it. If it is able to physically manifest itself, you should just be able to talk to it out loud and it should be able to hear you. How or whether it can answer you, I do not know. It is possible that talking to it might make its attraction to you stronger, but if it has already been with you for years I don't see much danger in that.

Also, IF you have done something deliberate or accidental to invite this into your life, I believe that permission must be rescinded before God or Jesus will answer your prayers pertaining to this particular issue. I am not saying that you have done anything to invite it, just saying that CAN be a reason prayers go unanswered.

I hope you don't need a plan B, I hope it just continues to stay away from you. Good luck with your battle.
sherryk (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
Hi guys! Thanks so much everyone and especially liverpool and Sandy. I will try the bible thing at the end of my bed or even beside it. I really appreciate this forum, because as many of you have already experienced it's hard to find people who understand or believe this kind of thing. It's hard for me and I have a formal education in psychology. To any who's interested, I first tried to find a psychological answer to this phenomenon and in the DSM (the bible-respectfuly-of psychiatry and psychology) there is a section for this type of experience if no psychosis or delusional disorder is found present. It is called Societal Mysticism. For years, Dr.'s can not explain these kinds of things. Anyway, last night, I had zero activity. I woke up very calm.
Sandy2008 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
I didn't read the other comments so please forgive me if I repeat anything. Firstly I would like to say that I'm sorry that your life was so hard and that I'm really glad you didn't lose your faith in God. Secondly I know from personal experience that any emotional scarred person (over a long periode) are more open (target) to the paranormal simply because you delt with evil from a young age whether dead or alive. I do hope you understand what I mean. It seems to me that this thing would hunt you no matter where you go. Please read some of the other stories to look for some advice (Burn white candles, incense and pray,pray,pray) keep a bible next to your bed (open) that helps me a lot with fear. Get your house blessed. I don't know if you told any of your friends from church but please do... They can pray with you and be there for you! Good luck and please keep us posted.
ZuNuKoo (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
Instead of going to the bible you should talk to a psychiatrist, and see what they have to say about it. I think it may have a combination of your bipolar and depression. Aslo you said you have issuses from childhood abuse, that could cause something. 😊
livvy_poolekirkby (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
Sherryk, While I was living in the UK I had a spirit who would come to my bedroom and lay on top of me and crush me. I was fully awake kicking out with my legs and arms, but I couldn't get up. I wrote to the Author of The Liverpool Haunted Books, and he told me to put a Bible open at the book of Psalms on my bed side table and when I went to bed make a bright light around my bed. I did that every night and the spirit has never come back to me.
Mabe you could try putting a circle of light arond the house and placing a bible in the hall at the front door. Good luck and let me know what happens.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
Make sure that there is no unresolved sin in your life, even if you have to make a list and ask God to forgive you for each one. Since you are a Christian, you may want to rededicate your life to Christ and make sure that you maintain your daily walk with Jesus through prayer, asking for forgivness/forgiving others and reading His word. You should not have any spirit around you but the Holy Spirit. Mend any broken family relationships. Remeber what Jesus said that honoring your parents was the first commandment with a promise, that you will live a long happy life, even if they are hard to like. Turn all of your inside garbage over to Jesus, He has already sacrificed for that so that you would not have to suffer like this. Grab hold of all of His promises that he made to you, He has never broken one. Put your trust in Him, He does not give us the spirit of fear, and him will get this ting on its way. In His Love
sherryk (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-25)
Thanks for the comments so far guys! I have felt so alone and isolated with this situation lately. Last night was the most intense activity ever. I had to wonder, does it know I am seeking help? Seriously, this kind of thing will make a person paranoid. Anyway, last night it pushed me down-my shoulders-into the bed while I was sleeping. If someone else told me something like that, I would think they are lying or hysterical. But yes, spirits, demons, whatever it is and I am leaning towards demon, CAN physically touch and harm you. It woke me up over four times at least. I have not had a good nights sleep now in three days. I am terrified to go to bed tonight.
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
"Could my depression and childhood issues from abuse cause this thing?"

Most definitely. However, your father's advice is the best advice, keep rebuking them as you say. I have also had a bit of a disturbing childhood, which is why I seem to be the target of their nightly shenanigans. Swift rebuke at the slightest notice of something eerie works wonders, and should for you too.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
It certainly sounds as if there is some type of activity you are dealing with.

It is possible the trauma of your child hood could have inadvertently out off some kind of energy attracting this thing to you.

Conitnue the prayers but I woudl also seek out spiritual counsel to rid your self of this unwanted being.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: