You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Case Of The Flying Beer Can

Real Ghost Stories

The Case Of The Flying Beer Can

 

This is another story about my husband who is ghost sensitive, as I am not.

Wayne went to visit his friend in Sault Ste. Marie and they did what every good urban explorer does and broke the law and went exploring an old church and abandoned mill that are "supposed" to be closed to the public due to their unsafe conditions.

They started with the church and attempted to get onto the roof of the church to get a good look at the old cross on top of it, which had to be easily eight feet tall and made of pure metal. How there wasn't enough roof left to allow them access to it.

They then explored the old mill and took lots of fascinating pictures, which (sorry to let you down) revealed only a dilapidated building that anyone would be crazy to enter without a hard helmet on.

Growing bored of this, they decided to explore the cemetery nearby and they quickly realized that it was for former workers of the mill who died. Apparently Wayne just sensed this; he could not explain how he came to the conclusion in any other rational way.

Now just so you know, our little explorers did not do this completely sober, no both people enjoy beer and had brought some along. Neither was drunk as they had to drive back to their houses and certainly not enough to cause any accidents to themselves, but had a comfortable buzz on.

So they were happily walking and taking tons of pictures and decided to take snaps of some of the tombstones that they liked the best. Now here is where it gets freaky. Wayne set his beer down on a nearby headstone and facetiously said, "I hope you don't mind holding my beer."

He had started to turn away when the beer can went flying off the headstone as if someone had thrown it! Yes, you're reading this right; it literally flew about 5 feet away from the grave. Not like where the wind pushed it off; there was no wind that day to account for this phenomenon anyway. That is when our happy explorers looked at each other in astonishment and decided to leave the cemetery in a hurry.

Sadly Wayne didn't get the name off the headstone nor take a picture of it as it wasn't as "pretty" as some of the others. Otherwise I would have liked to have researched this person to find out if he was a teetotaler or had a temper. Perhaps he just didn't like getting his eternal rest disrupted by a pair of half cut idiots and that is the only way he could ask them to leave?

Thank you for reading and we thank you for any comments you wish to submit. Sid

Other hauntings by Obsidian0666

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Obsidian0666, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

poultrgyst (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-05)
I loved your story! I bet your intrepid explorers lost their buzz pretty quickly after that! I': sure the spirit who did that got a good chuckle out of it.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-03)
Just to add to what granny stated, here in Illinois 'buzzed' driving is considered drunk driving and can earn you a DUI. With that being said, I agree with BJJ, someone found their behavior obnoxious (or maybe can't stand beer?). Lucky only the can went flying.
Narella (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-03)
Evidently someone thought they were being rude. They're lucky the beer can didn't hit one of them in the head.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2013-10-02)
"...and they quickly realized that it was for former workers of the mill who died" -I sure hope no one got buried there still alive! 😆 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
10 years ago (2013-10-02)
Obsidian: I'm sorry to use your thread for this, but I feel I must use it for all of our ghost hunting members, whatever their age, as an example of what NOT to do. Drinking alcoholic beverages or doing any kind of drugs before/during a hunt can only lead to disaster. Your husband is lucky that's all that happened.

And by the way, even someone with a "comfortable buzz on" can, and have, taken lives while behind the wheel of a car.

Disclaimer: DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME! 😊
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-02)
Just out of curiosity, could it have been the chick ghost? The one that hangs around him?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-02)
You're an excelant writer, I can picture two drunken goofs walking through town like guys forever do. Maybe the spirit was just po'ed that no one offered him any beer first. Only a thought. Had a friend once who always poured out the first sip for those who went before.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-02)
I would think it was someone who found their behavior obnoxious. Someone pulled some mess like that at my eternal resting place, I would chuck a can at them as well. Sorry. Just saying.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: