You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Lullaby

Real Ghost Stories

The Lullaby

 

When I was pregnant with my son in 2001, I lived in a very small town. We lived in a mobile home. It was small but comfy for us at the time. We did not own the home, we rented from a young couple who told us that the home had burned and they purchased and remodeled it.

One night I was sleeping and woke suddenly to a very loud lullaby playing. I sat up in bed and just sat there for a minute hoping that it would stop. Then I woke my fiancé and I said "do you not hear that loud music?" He said he could not hear anything. He went back to sleep. Finally it stopped and I was able to go back to sleep. This happened for about a week.

The lullaby sounded like a music box. I didn't have a music box. I did feel a presence there but never seen anything. I would like to know if anyone has experienced this and maybe tell me what it could mean.

I also watched doors open for me and I would say thank you. It seemed that whatever was there wanted to comfort me or take care of me while I was pregnant. I never said anything to the owners of the home because I didn't want them to think I was insane. I no longer live there but have had other experiences at the place I live now. I will write about those experiences later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lala20047, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
I have to agree with Tammy on this one. It is a fact that women who are pregnant do see more then they did when tey werent. I realy don't know why its like this but it is. But I to have a feeling that youy may be a sencitive and your pregnancy just helped your sixth sence to pick up. I hope this makes sence. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
lala20047 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Thank you all for your comments and nice words. I don't know any details of what actually happened there. The couple only told us that they remodeled the livingroom and kitchen. I don't know if anyone died there or not. I think I was scared to ask because we really needed a place to live at the time and I would have been too scared to live there if I was aware of someone dying there.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hi lala20047 and thanks for sharing your story with us!

I have absolutely NO experience in these type of stories as I am only 13 years old right now so I am sure that I won't be of ANY help t you! Sorry! But I have read in many stories that pregnant women may sometimes get hallucinations, hear noises, feel a strong presence, etc., so it might just have been your imagination because your fiance didn't hear it. It may also have been that whatever "it" was only wanted you to hear it so that you knew that someone was there to protect you and not give you any harm while you were pregnant. I don't think it was there to harm you in any way but was only there to take care of you. Thanks and hope to reading more stories from you! Oh and congratulations as you're going to have a baby!

Biemaster
LyssaLuva (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
this is a very touching story. I have had the same expeirience. My grandmonther looked after my sister while she was pregnant (my grandmas dead)

Xoxo ❤ Lyssa
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
hi I heard about mexican or somewhere about woman calling crying woman looking for her children so I don't know if it maybe be her or not just trying to help. But I am glad this sound of signing spirt is comftable your child. So the baby of your can sleep better.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Hi Lala20047,

I hear music almost every night coming out of my daughter's baby monitor. I do agree with whitebuffalo in that you are more aware of your surroundings when you are pregnant. Also, with the questions that she asked. I would ask the landlords what happened during the fire, to the building and whoever was around it. Maybe whatever was attracted to you while you were pregnant became more aware of you because you were in that condition. Who knows. Keep us posted, best of luck and best wishes
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
It seems like your experiences during your pregnancy were not the only ones in your life which leads me to believe that you're sensitive and quite perceptive to a world other than the physical.

I'm currently but not every night-thank God for that-being lulled to sleep by a female presence who doesn't mean any harm. Like you said yourself, whoever was in your house was helpful and protective so, at least you needn't worry. Whether that spirit was attached to the house or drawn to you though is not easy to determine since you haven't heard anything being experienced by anyone else living in that house.

And yet it seems like all your visitor wanted was to make sure that you had some help around the house-actually the opening of doors can only mean that you were more than welcome to enter-and the lullaby was the his or her way of helping your newborn go to sleep-a very sweet and tender spirit!

I would be very interested in reading more of your experiences. Thank you for sharing this one with us.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
I am sorry to start out this way, but it is the way I think 😊.
You say that the original mobile home was burned in a fire. How bad was the fire? Did it totally destroy the home, or was it just bits of it that they had to replace? Like new siding, windows, basically the structure was sound, just damaged with smoke and a few flames. Was anyone injured in the fire?
Where was the home located? Were you in a park, on land far away from your neighbors?
When I was pregnant I actually became aware of what was going on around me, and that is where the real questions started. 😊 Personally, I feel there IS a connection between pregnancy and the Unknown, I can not prove it, and have no documentation, it is just there SEEMS to be a connection. We have discussed this at times in other stories in which the woman was pregnant.
Thank you.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Hi Lala20047, I have had a simular experience, I had moved into a new house and at exactly 2:30 everynight a calm lullaby would start playing.
I asked the neighbours about this noise and they told me a young couple used to live in that house and their baby had died. The lullaby used to get the child to sleep and they think the child is still around to comfort visitors.
I think you have a simular case as you mentioned there was a fire in that home. I think a victim of this fire is still around to comfort visitors.
Very touching story though!
Lily x

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: