You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Ghost Of Mr. Bug

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Of Mr. Bug

 

I'm going to start with the back-story. When I was about 6 my neighbor had about 10 cats. They couldn't really take care of all them and there was this fluffy black kitten that was on the brink of death, he was so sick and they weren't doing a thing about it. So I begged my mom for the cat, they were willing to give it to me.

We nursed him back to health and I gave him the name Ladybug. At the time we didn't know if he was in fact a he until a good year and half later, his name got changed to Mr. Bug. He was the sweetest cat ever, loved to be held and petted let me dress him up in doll clothes. He never once bit, scratched or hissed at me.

He was I would guess about 2 or 3 when this happened. One day while I was school a pack of dogs came into yard and before my mom could get Mr... Bug the dogs got him. We have a creek going around most of yard and the dogs dragged him through that. By the time my mom could get my cat it was too late. She got him into the house she laid him in a chair and ran to get a towel, so she could take him to vet. When she came back he opened his eyes looked at her one last time then he was gone.

My dad wanted to tell me that he ran away but my mom didn't want me to have the hope that he may come home. I was devastated, that cat was like my baby. I still haven't been able to find a cat that looks like him in the slightest bit. Bug had long fur with bright green eyes and I mean they practically neon green. The most beautiful cat ever

Okay now to the ghost part. About 6 months after this I saw a cat that looked just him, but when I went to walk over to it just vanished. At the time I didn't realize that it could have been his ghost but after searching for the cat I had seen more then once and not finding anything. I just knew it was Bug saying good bye. And the biggest thing that should have tipped me off was none of dogs barked and the 'cat' was in plain sight. Our dogs will bark at anything and everything but they never barked at Bug.

I think Mr. Bug is still with me, keeping my new cat (okay not so new now, he's 8) inline. Every time my cat now does anything naughty he recoils in fear and runs and hides for a good two hours before he slinks out again.

Tell me what you think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rebelxxlove, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-05)
What I like about cats is they are all diffrent I've been around cats most of my life and the cats we have now are the best of them all. Right now we have 5 cats here on the farm and I would hate to loose any of the 5. All of them are good cats and two of them are great cats.

How ever I've never seen a ghost cat. So you are very lucky!

Take care,

Walter
Rebelxxlove (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
Rhodes68-
As soon as I looked him and looked a away for a second he was gone. Yes they are our dogs, there ones who alerted my mom to the dogs that got my cat but they also will bark at strage cats/animals and there all outside dogs. One of them was maybe 10 feet from where I saw the cat, if there truely was a cat there I have a feeling there would have been much barking. And I only saw the cat once, which led me to believe it was the ghost of bug saying goodbye since I didn't get to see him that morning before I went to school.

Arrow006-
I don't think the dogs ever got caught, or atleast all of them. I know my mom called the sherrif after it happened (this happened about 9 or 10 years ago though). He really was, out of the 3 cats I've had in my life bug was the best (not that I don't love my cat now, its just hes a major pain 99% of the time)
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
As a life-long cat lover, I can empathize with your loss.

Nice to know he came back for a goodbye, though.
Arrow006 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
Where the dogs who killed the cat your dogs?

I love cats Mr. Bug must have been lovely. It's sad that he died 😭!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
Rebelxxlove hi and thanks for sharing your experience. I'm trully sorry for Mr.Bug's terrible death-I can really relate to your loss.

I wanted to ask you something though, not because I don't believe animals come back-they do and this might be the case with your cat but I wanted you to clarify something. Do you mean that once you see this cat appear and walk on to him, he vanishes before your eyes or runs away? How many times has this happened? You mentioned dogs... Are they your dogs and are they in the same yard when this happens?

Thanks in advance.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: