You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Giant Light Bug

Real Ghost Stories

The Giant Light Bug

 

I'm Hannah. This is one of my first stories/experiences to write about so please, bear with me. This incident was around 2 years ago, but the memories are still vivid.

I used to live in double wide trailer all of my life until up to a year ago I moved. I always had an interest for the paranormal, and knew the basics, but never really had any experiences of my own (not that I wanted any). But at the age of around 10/11, I realized that I was wrong.

One of my most vivid experiences happened while I was waiting for the bus one morning. I was standing in my porch because it was raining and darker than usual. Were my porch was, I could see the rest of the houses on the road that I lived on. I was just looking around waiting for the bus and I just happened to look at the little house at the end of the road. Up on the top of the roof I witnessed what looked like a huge floating ball of orange / reddish light. It was moving around, I froze. I turned around and stared at my door to scared to look around. Finally I plucked up the courage and looked, it was gone.

The first thought that went through my head was that it was an orb. But I didn't want to believe it, knowing that if I feared it I would give it strength, I starting telling myself that it was just a huge red light bug. But I knew better than that, I had seen an orb.

I don't really know a lot about orbs so, if anybody could tell me if it was just my imagination, or if I could have really seen an orb.

Thank you for reading this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hannahJ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
I think all agree that orbs are not supernatural. They are energy and to our knowledge not intelligent. Until one is documented as communicating, guess it will remain that way.
ico (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
It probably was ball lightning but even if it was an orb it doesn't really matter. There is no evidence (and I don't believe) that orbs have any connection to the supernatural. I think that orbs and ball lightning are very similiar except that the energy that feeds ball lightning comes from the sky while the energy that feeds orbs come from the ground. As an example, most orbs show up near powerlines or underground streams, especially if there's a crossing of the two. They also show up prominantly in places with a lot of underground minerals and metals.
celtcharm (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Hi Hannahj! Thanks for the great experience! I'd have to agree with some of the others that this could have been ball lightening that you witnessed. I live in Oklahoma and saw ball lightening once. It was orange/red in color and moved along the branch of a huge walnut tree in our pasture. If you have anymore experiences please ahare them with us. Peace, Celtcharm 😊
peacemakerJohn (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
hmmmm...that scary.
I usually experience suff like this as well but this one seems out of the ordinary.
Great story by the way!
amellon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
It could have been Ball lighting, I agree, when I lived in Oklahoma (Part of Tornado alley) I witnessed it once, and it is quite a spectacle and very different from regular lightning, the part I remember most was the silence of it and the color.
Jammydodgerman (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Spockie is right. Ball lightning seems almost paranormal in its nature, but is actually perfectly natural and normal, even though it is rare. Ball lightning can even go through windows, doors and into houses as well. Just don't touch it!
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Actually, it could have been ball lightning. That's very possible, given that it was a rainy day.
galvon (142 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
diffrent colored orbs have diffrent meanings... So you can google. It or ask some1. For all the meanings of the colors

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: