You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Weird Activity In The House

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Activity In The House

 

Last week I was off from work ran a few errands and then came home. I had a slight headache so I figured that I would lie for a little while in bed until my headache medicine would kick in. I believe it was about one in the afternoon. I was watching a show and all of a sudden I hear running upstairs. Because I had taken some drugs and I was laying down I just figured it was that I was hallucinating. I dozed off. I kept hearing things but I was sort of asleep so I figured again I was sleeping. I finally got up and started dinner for the family and I was alone for those that ask.

I was in the kitchen cutting up some onion when I hear a big thump. I stop cutting and stayed quite, then I hear a giggle and then I hear like a child running. My kids' rooms are in front of each other but it is a big hall so these steps were heard for a while. I continued doing what I was doing and I don't know if maybe they got upset because I was trying to ignore it or what, but it got really loud to the point that I could see my light fixture and fan in the kitchen vibrating. Now I say "they" because there was two sets of footsteps. When my husband got home I told him what had happened and as we were talking about it we heard it again. He went to check on everything and he could not see anything different.

Two days earlier we were in the kitchen and we were having a few drinks. The kids were sleeping upstairs when all of a sudden we hear foot steps and my husband thinking it was one of the kids he went upstairs to put them back in bed. He came down looking pale as a sheet of paper. He looks at us and says "the kids are sound asleep" we all just looked at each other and I did not want to scare off my sis and brother- in- law so I said maybe they beat you to the bed when they heard you coming or something.

Last night my son and daughter come downstairs and tell me that their bedroom door keeps opening and closing. I told them that maybe it was when I opened my door the pressure in the house caused it to open. I however know that something is going on.

So, after about 6 months it starts again the weird thing is that it is starting about the same time that I started hearing things last year. Could that be one of the explanations to this weird activity?

Other hauntings by luvparanormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luvparanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

davebindy247 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Hi Luv. My name is Dave and I just got done reading about all of your experiences. I am new to the site and really glad I came across your page. I am part of a paranormal investigation team here in Indy. Have you ever had an investigation done in your home? Our methods are based on science and we're very professional - all investigations are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL. We'd be very interested in talking with you sometime if that is something you'd like to do. Our website is www.indy247paranormal.com

Take care - Dave
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
Hi everyone,
Thankyou all for reading I will try my best to answer all of the questions each one had.

Rhodes68:
I have started to notice that the events happen around the same time. I have started to document everything that happens and when it happens to try and resolve this "mistery" I did do some research however I always hit a brick wall when it comes to finding history about my hows or the land for that matter. I have gotten different stories about it.

Kcampbell:
I use to be scared not anymore. If you look at my stories you will find that I have had so many that it has now become more interesting than anything else.

Nmg5789:
Thanks for your story I enjoyed it now there is another question. Is this the same house where you lost your rings or this is another? I cannot remember if you said you lived with mom.

Ghostseer:
I went to your website and enjoyed it inmensly. You are very gifted! I was also born in Central America, Costa Rica to be exact so we are neighbors. I now live in Indiana. As you read in my stories. To answer your question I really have not paid attention to my energy level. I do know that even as a child I could sense and see things that others at times cannot see. But I never considered myself "gifted" I have been told that if you believe just alone that opens doors to see things.
I am not a teenager I am actually 32 and do not want to go back to my teens maybe except for no wrinkles 😊 and my kids are still small so as far as energy of that type I would doubt it.

ChrisB:
Another one of my favorites. Love all your stories.
You are absolutly correct not having the support of your love one or someone for that matter can be hard. The good things is that my hubby has now heard and seen things and he is now starting to believe me. At first as I mentioned in my first stories he did not, but now he does.
I don't hide this from my kids. I'd be a hipocrite if I say that I tell them all because I don't some of the things that happen I don't tell them because I know it will scare them and so I rather not do that, but they have had their own experiences in the house as well. I have one story out there of an incident with my son and another with my daughter. Let me know if it's not out there and I can write it for all of you. So they know that there is something strange about their house. However from some people I do not say anything because I don't want to be made fun of for the simple fact that they don't believe.

Again thank you all for your comments and for your stories.
Keep safe and be blessed

Luv ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
hello Luv and thank you for this interesting story. I realy enjoyed reading it. I know sometimes that not having support can be hard at times like this. It is good that your husband believes and your not alone on this one. I am only worried about your kids. Did you try expolaing to them what's going on or are you protecting them from this. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-23)
Question, when these experiences happen-is there high energy emanating from you, and/or your guests?...If you are a sensitive (given spiritual gifts), and there is paranormal activity in your home, you may have the ability to bring these things forward (I am talking about spiritual beings being attracted to your energy force). Plus, if your energy light force or Aura energy is strong, you may be able to open and close things, turn things off and on. There have been studies done on Teens entering puberty, and things usually accelerate in households where they live. It usually ends for most, when we reach maturity, but for those of us that have "gifts"...it is a lifelong series of expierences-quite often affected by our daily emotions...Blessings, Ghostseer
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
hey that really freaky about the noises in your house.

My mom told me that about a week ago she was upstairs by herself getting ready for bed and the rocking chair in her room started rocking on its own. The chair is fairly big and heavy and there was no draft in the room or anything. This has never happened before that I recall. Also my mom said that while she's been home alone, while I'm at work or school she has heard the kitchen door open. My grandma lives right behind us so she figured it was just her or one of the neighbors and she expects them to come into our living room... But no one ever comes in. She calls out their names, but she gets no response.

And to answer to your question... It was the ring that my nana gave me and one of the rings that my boyfriend gave me. I only had two rings at the time because my boyfriend had not given me the second ring yet.
kcampbell (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
it's could be the same. I have question were you a little scared or not real scared at all. Thanks 🤔
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-21)
Luv hi and thanks for sharing another captivating experience with us!

There's no doubt in my mind that your encounters are of paranormal nature. Since your husband notices them too then at least you have someone's support and don't feel alone in this. I also wanted to tell you that I admire the way you handle it-hiding certain things from your children and from close family members;sometimes it's necessary as it protects the former from getting terrified and the latter from criticising!

I was also wondering why these events seem to take place around the same time year after year. I very much doubt that they are residual-there seems to be "need for communication" as the noises escalate to attract your attention. I don't recall asking you about the history of your house and previous tenents in your other stories so I was wondering if you know anything specific that could relate the current events to something major in the past.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: