You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost Shadows on the Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Shadows on the Wall

 

I am desperate for answers, I hope someone out there can give me some feedback on their thoughts of my event. This is the first time I have visited a site like this as I have been trying to find a similar story or some photos perhaps. Here's what happened:

A couple of nights ago my mother and I were alone talking in my lounge room. She was on the couch which is seated against a white colored wall. I was sitting opposite her and, as I was listening to her, I kept noticing a dark smoky ribbon-like shadow moving across the wall from the center of the wall to the left. This happened several times, until I asked my mum to come and sit next to me and watch the wall, as stupid as it sounds she did as I suggested. We both sat next to each other watching the wall and I wasn't crazy after all, she too saw this shadow moving across the wall. It then began moving across the entire length of the wall, then later in the opposite direction (from left to right). This continued to happen over a 2 1/2 hours period, with the shadow changing direction, speed and shape. Sometimes it seemed like a crescent / moon shape. Other times it looked like a closed hand turned to the side. The other thing is that occasionally we would smell some sort of strange, off-putting smell around us, then the smell would just disappear. I was terrified and frozen and began to cry, my mum was assuring me that it wasn't a bad thing and that I shouldn't be scared. I then asked her why it wouldn't go away / stop, considering how freaked out I was getting. (No I was not drinking and not on drugs).

Are my mother and I just both mad? Anyone with a similar story or information I would so appreciate hearing from you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

babyrie81 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
hiya I'm a medium and last night my son came to my partner and said ethan is talking to a person in his room, I went in to see what was going on. Ethan told me the spirit said to him "your mum is stupid and never find me ". I'm abit worried I have not seen or heard from this presnce. I placed 4 clear quartzs in his room to protect ethan. So as I don't that I was a black shadow coming from ethan's room and the smell ws rotten eggs!. I meditated that night for help and I woke up screaming "whats that smell". My partner woke up and told me he could not smell it as he said that the shadow flew past me into the wall (close to ethan room). I'm thinking I'm dealing with a demon.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear Tammy1,

I believe that a being usually refferred as "shadow people" inhabbit your house. It is surely a demon. A malovelent being. Your situation is still in stage 1 of a demonic haunting.

More info here:
Http://www.ncdemonology.org/Stages_of_the_Demonic.html

I advise that you and your parents perform a cleansing. Before something bad happens.

Thank you for posting your story. You and your situation are in my prayers. God bless, deus vobiscum and God bless.

Sincerely,

Francois
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
I see shadows of weird things like bars my parents room it goes all blurry and shadow bars go down from the door just like a jail.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
hi I have never seen ghost shadows only ghosts . At night time something keeps breathing on me . I have seen floating clouds all sorts I have been through. Even my dreams come true the bad ones. My stories are on psychic experience my name on there is Katie. 😊
I hear voices and noises in my house.
Thomas (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
Hi Tammy, WOW that's quite the story you've got! I'm having an experience like that RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT TOO! Except without the visual shadows. Its a pretty long story but I was suspect of a ghost roaming around here. It started today when I came back doing the groceries with my mom and my bro came up to me saying that the living rooom suddenly wreaked of rotten eggs. He tried to figure out what it was and where it came from but couldn't find any possible reason. So he and I searched around the kitchen since it was the most obvious place where the smell could've came from while my mom complained (I live in a condo so the kitchen is pretty much the living room kind of thing) After searching we couldn't find anything! We thought it could've been the neighbors or a stink bomb. Near dinner time the smell went away... Only to come back again! We didn't give it much attention now thinking it could've been a stinkbug from outside. I took a nap and guess what? Yup! I woke up to that wrenching smell and it was IN MY ROOM! I couldn't believe it but thought it seeped through my windows. It went away for a while until it camed back and stunk the living room again. I really think it might be a ghost making its presence obvious and it seems to be coming from a corner too. I don't feel scared or endangered... Since I've had weird experiences in the past already. I do believe in paranormal stuff and my experience almost sounds similar to yours. Hey I know it may be scary, but if you don't feel threatened there shouldn't be anything to be afraid of. You're not alone on this! :) Good luck with your situation and hope you guys can solve it! Maybe talking and telling it to go away might work...
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
Jane you should have posted that as a story here instead of a response to one. I have given my possible cause here and the possible solution to Tammy's problem. You can also try this solution for yours if you so choose. You can also cleanse items in the same manner as a home, but you should do this before you do your home so as to force out any negative energies. Good luck to you.
Jane (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
I have a similar story. A year ago, my boyfriend was killed in a car accident. Witnesses said he received a phone call that made him very angry. He then smashed his phone on a table, through it across the room and got into his truck and drove away. About 5 minutes later he was wrapped around a telephone pole and was killed instantly. I was having a very difficult time grieving for him. I used to lay a long pillow on his side of my bed, and curl myself around it at night and miss him deeply. One night, several weeks later, I woke in the middle of the night to a horrible smell. A good way to describe it would be to say it was a cross between rotten eggs and human waste. I was afraid that it had come out of me! LOL! But it persisted and would not go away. My bed just reeked of it. The next day I washed absolutely everything, put it back on my bed, only to have it happen again the next night. I was going insane. This went on for several days. Sometimes I would get through a night without smelling it, and then come home from work and could smell it in my bed again. I used to sleep with his ashes, that are sealed in a small silver keepsake, but stopped doing that when the odor started. I wondered if the ashes were still decomposing, but all research I have done says no. It has since stopped, but I have always wondered about that smell. It was like nothing I had ever encountered before. I recently read an article written by a parapsychology expert that says:
"All of us have an essence, and that essence has an odor. Suicides, or people who died in a state of rage or guilt, can emit a very repellent odor. The most common smell of that sort is a sulfuric smell, like rotten eggs..." I can't help but think I found the answer to my question. As hard as it is to belive, I think I got my wish and he came to hold me again as I slept.
Mimi (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
Hi Tammy,
Burning sage around the house will definitely help - it is something I have done ever since I lived in a haunted flat. The thing with the shadows happened to me there on a white wall in a closed corridor (no windows or reflections possible). The flat was only about 30 years old. As well, cupboard doors would open and close with a bang, lights would come one and off for no reason. Whilst I didn't do anything about it in that flat, some gremlins seemed to have followed me to a new place. I asked a Reiki master for advice and she told me to burn candles regularly and to cleanse my place with burning sage as well as to tell those spirits that all is well and that they can go and rest now. Sometimes I still can see or feel 'things' flitting past but I know they are not going to harm me.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
Hi Tammy, they sometimes appear for no reason, other times they appear when we are vulnerable because of extreme stress, sadness, or depression. A home doesn't have to be old to have a haunting occure, sometimes its the ground it is built on. I don't really think you have anything to worry about though. You take care and God bless.
Tammy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
Now I am really freaked out, this is confusing to me. The house I live in is not all that old so where does this come from?
Thanks for all that Shane, will take your advice on board. Cheers
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-13)
Hi Tammy, there are reasons I ask about the smell, usually and it's not always the case when the smell is of rotten eggs or rotten flesh you could be dealing with a demonic presense. Unless of course this is a smell that you associated with your grandmother, but I doubt that. The other fact that leads me in that direction is the fact that you described it as a shadow with an ever changing shape. Now I don't go around screaming demons and evil all the time, I don't do that kind of thing and it is just wrong, so without actually being there and completing a full investigation I can not be totally sure and this may not be the case. If you continue to notice this and would like to have it stop there are several things you can do. One have your local clergy come in and bless the home, or two you could perform a cleansing ceremony yourself, which would require the purchase of a few items. Not from me, LOL, I just try and help people the best way I can. But to perform the ceremony you will need a white sage bundle, an abalone shell, a long feather, and an open mind. You will stand in the entrance to your home with your back to your home, light the sage, it should smolder not flame up and place it in the abalone shell. Working to your left fan the smoke with the feather towards the walls and corners keeping an image of the negative energy leaving your home in your mind, if you come to a door way go through the door and keep working to the left same thing if you come to a stair case go up or down the stairs and each room located on that level until you reach the stairs again. Keep going until you have reached the entrance to your home again do not break the circle, once there envision pushing the negative energy out of your home and then close the circle by going back to where you started. All these supplies can be purchased online or sometimes at a local herbal shop. I wish you the best and let us know how things turn out.
Tammy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-13)
Hi Shane, and thank you for your response. Don't apologise for the questions I am happy to have some feedback.
Yes it was similar to a rotten egg smell I guess, my mum actually describes it as someone passing wind sort of a smell. No, nothing at all has ever happened to me before. Mum and I were just discussing all of the family and talking about my Grandmother who passed away 11 years ago this month and this shadow just appeared and continued to appear. My mum believes it may be a sign from my grandmother but from what I have read it doesn't really work like that but I do not know all that much about these sorts of things.
Thanks heaps, look forward to hearing from you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-13)
Would you decribe the off-putting smell as that of rotten eggs? Has this happened before or is this something completely new? Sorry for the questions, but need the answers to help me determine what you may be dealing with. Please post your response here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: