You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Na-alimpungatan

Real Ghost Stories

Na-alimpungatan

 

This happened 1995-1997 at Quezon City, during these time that brownout is a fad, wherein the government is saving electricity by turning off the power from city to city. And during these times too, that manananggal (mythological creature that turns into a monster at night) is all over the newspaper & TV news, wherein this monster kills people in depressed areas only (we all know its not real and they are just bending a political issue)

Back to my story. My family lived in a apartment in Pag-asa Quezon City, our room is in the second floor my sis, my cousin's and my bed is in a parallel formation, from the end of my bed is our closet, from my sister is the door of our room, and from the end of my cousin's bed is our study table. One normal night we decided to close all the windows because we're kind of scared of the thought that a manananggal would drop by to say hi, and being young and all we shut tight our windows.

During my slumber I woke up from sweat realizing that it's brownout again. It was so warm that I couldn't get back to sleep, being afraid and paranoid too I did not open the windows for the air to come in, so I got up and sneak through my sister and cousins bed careful enough not to bump into their bed just not to wake them up. I thought of getting a paper fan from the study table, careful enough not also to bump to our maid sleeping on the floor at the end of the bed of my cousin. I noticed her all crouched up with her blanket. I got the paper fan I went back to bed and slept over fanning myself.

In the morning, I have asked my cousin and sister if they felt the brown-out last night since they've slept quietly, I have told them that I got up and how hard it was to get the paper fan since our maid was blocking the study table all covered with blanket. My cousin stopped to blink and quoted me "nakasara ang bintana, nagbrown-out, mainit, tapos balot na balot ng kumot si yaya?" (the windows are shut, it was brownout, it was warm and the maid is on her blanket?) My eyes widened and I ran to our maid and asked her where did she sleep last night, she said she slept downstairs on the sofa. That's when the hair on my arms got goose bumps.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, yorakulit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
baka doppleganger yun at hindi aswang... O baka nga ung yaya nyo ang aswang... Hehe peace... But seriously... Hindi naman basta-basta nakakapaok ang mga aswang pag sarado yung pinto or bintana... Just saying 😐

Yours,
Kristina
garuga (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
totoo ba? Hindi naman siguro aswang yan kasi naman sarado ang bintana kaya imposible xiang makapasok 😆
Shannonchikawow (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
Wow. Maybe your maid is the mananangal! Haha just joking. Are you sure it wasn't just a blanket accidentally thrown on the floor? That was scary though. I would've probably freaked out as soon as I saw that wrapped up thing on the floor! 😨
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-23)
😠 the aswang are half human half monster they eat human flesh... They can change they form... ^_^)
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-23)
To Tonith

You might be confused with yorakulit's story. The legend she was referring to is the aswang, which is a grotesque creature that eats fetuses or people, depends really on the story and who tells it. But all agree that its a half human being (head to wait only), with bat like wings, grotesque and usually a woman.

The spirit/entity/creature (I'm not sure what it is, sorry) that yorakulit saw is entirely different. He/she just mentioned the aswang because its the reason why the windows are closed.

To Yorakulit

Did you notice any of your cousins/relatives' bed empty? Is it possible that 1 of your siblings or cousins may have slept on the floor due to the heat? You know sometimes how refreshing it is in our country to just sleep on the floor instead of on the bed if its really humid. Also, the blanket might be used to protect that person from mosquitoes. I dunno. But really weird though.
yorakulit (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
rootwomin & Tonith... If you understand the tittle of my story its "na-alimpungatan" meaning you're awake but half asleep... I am not sure of what I really saw... I just assumed that sumone is sleeping there... And no we don't have a pet that time... If ever we have we will not allow it to sleep in our room... In our country those who are really rich can have a room for their hired help or a quarter, but here our hired help are treated like a family so they can sleep where ever they want and we are not that rich so most of the time they sleep on the sofa or on the floor with their foam, blanket and pillows. Its really no big deal... And for the record I am not heated it was only warm, it is not a legend... Because its my personal experience.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
It must be customary for servants to sleep on the floor in your country which I find disturbing but then I am not aware of your country's culture in that respect so maybe I am speaking out of turn. When one is over heated one can dehydrate and hallucinate. This aside I don't know what you saw. Again this could be the power of suggestion being that while you thought this legend wasn't real you still carry the fear of the possibility of it being real. Considering what this thing is suppose to be capable of doing I guess you were very fortunate it ended up on the floor without harming anyone. Vivid dreams can seem very real as well so frankly I don't know what to make of this incident.
rootwomin (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
you thought the maid was sleeping on the floor on a blanket?

Does she do that often? Does she have a room? A bed? Goodness... It seemed like you were referring to a pet, a dog, not a person.

That's a good place for a ghost to be then it may serve as encouragement to get a room and a bed for the hired help! 😐
yorakulit (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
yes its really fascinating for me... Because I'm not really sensitive to things like this but I'm glad I got to experience them. 😁
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
The heat and humidity brings out all kinds of spiritual beings. Can't say what it was, or who she was, but she meant no one any harm. I would let it go and chalk it up to fascinating!, Blessings, Ghostseer
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Sure is creepy wow my aunt from there and I can't stand hot or heat I get really hot when I try to sleep when there no ac and lights wow. I hope you don't see it again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: