You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Liebsig House

Real Ghost Stories

Liebsig House

 

I am new here, not English so please sorry for my spelling.

I live in Namibia in Windhoek. 20 km outside Windhoek there is a house called the Liebig house (you can Google it or just Google ghost house Windhoek, you might see a picture of the house and read about its history).

One morning my wife and I and our friends decided to go to the house for a trip out of the city, the house is empty for maybe 30 years or more. And we went there for a picnic. I went up the stairs of the house when I heard someone in a whispered voice saying in German " ich kann leute nichtertagen, die endlos reden, it means in English, I can't stand people who never stop talking.

It was a woman's voice and I thought it was my wife behind me, but then I realized that my wife can't speak German and when I looked out of the window of the house I could see her standing outside talking in Afrikaans to our friends a good 30 meters away.

I asked in German that the person who said that should say it again but nothing happened. I also saw a woman staring out of the window and she just disappeared after that, she had an early 1900 dress on. I never believed in ghosts but now I do.

Please Google the house. Hope to hear from you soon.

Other hauntings by Boo123

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Boo123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-07)
Namibian, why don't you post this experience (under your own pen name)?

It is interesting, and you will have people commenting on your narrative.

Go on then, be a devil. I am encouraging you as a fellow Southern African. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Namibian (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-06)
I've only recently stumbled on this site by pure chance (...or not maybe?)
It was circa 1985, my eldest brother, his fiance and myself went to the Liebig house on a Saturday afternoon...
A couple of odd things happened that day, nevertheless, I will mention only this as it pertains specifically to the observation of the gentleman hearing the lady speaking in German...
Sir...you are not crazy...why?...because as we were leaving that day, right in front of the house towards the access road were you park, there is/was the remnants of what I presume to have been a fish-pond or something similar.
At that stage there used to be a big, dry bush typical of the flora in the Khomas Hochland right in front of this.
Now...as we were all walking together towards the vehicle, my eldest brother turned around and took a picture of the house, walked a couple of steps further to the vehicle, turned again and took another picture. (all 3 of us in a group)
Thereafter we left and about 2 weeks later had the film developed. He himself was busy looking through the pics, stopped, looked again, and called me over to have a look...
In the one frontal picture all as we saw it that day...
In the second frontal picture, VERY, VERY clearly we could see a slim faced European Lady in typical long white Victorian dress (with all the frills & stuff) looking at us from next to the bush mentioned above...
My brother has since passed away and unfortunately the pics got lost/misplaced after that.
That, in short, my personal 1st hand account...
Withershard (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-07)
Good Day,

[at] Boo123, Wie geht es dir? Ich bin daran interessiert, Ihre Geschichte und glaube, dass es vielleicht nur etwas dran sein. Allerdings... Ich bin kein Profi paranormaler Ermittler, sondern รผber praktische Erfahrung in diesem Bereich. Bitte schicken Sie mir eine E-Mail. Ich mรถchte alles, was Sie von diesem exp erinnern kann hรถren. Wenn Sie Fotos und oder Videoaufzeichnungen haben, bitte senden Sie sie,
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
awesome story, very creepy indeed. I would have been so scared to actually see her in the window!
Thanks for sharing
Take care
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Hi and welcome to this site. Dont worry about your english its great. Mine sucks ๐Ÿ˜.Thanks for sharring this interesting story with us and for giving us interesting information about this place. It sure is interesting. Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon. Take care
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
hey Boo123!
Great to see a fellow namibian on this site
๐Ÿ˜Š
I look forward to more of your stories in the future
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Willkommen zu YGS! Your english is wonderful, and I can guarentee that it's much better than my German! ๐Ÿ˜†

It sounds like you had quite an experience. That would scare the daylights out of me! I agree with what some of the comments here have said... It sounds like it could be someone in relation to Alexander Scotland. I wish I could check it out!

Warmest blessings,

DA
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
I know Boo, I have family living in Cameroon and Congo-what an amazing continent Africa is!

Too bad you can't get any professionals to assist you!

I will seek the information you suggested, thank you.
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
I am sorry to say rhodes68 but in namibia there is not one ghost hunter invetigator or something and actually there is a lot of places here that can be invesigated, Duviseb castle, namatoni, altefeste, and we have a lot of old german houses here, another place is kolmanskuppe (google kolmaskuppe) This country have a lot of exelent places with a nice history.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Yeah but then you can always ask some local investigation team to come along... That would have been very interesting!
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
I actually want to go back there and do a investigation, but I am not a profesional, and I don't have all the equipment and besides that I want to do it in the night and I am scrared. What if they follow me home. ๐Ÿ˜
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
My response might be seen as a little far-fetched but I was reading the history behind this house when I came across the name of Alexander Scotland. He was according to sources one of the managers who lived in the house. He served as a British secret agent and was arrested in 1914 for giving away the exact locations of the German troops in southern Namimbia.

I was wondering if the German lady was referring to some particular people who spoke particularly much...
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
By the way, Boo123, yours is the first and only story from Namibia here on YGS as of today.
Congratulations! ๐Ÿ˜Š
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Boo123: If you check with the webmaster Martin you may be able to get help on photo downloads.
Your English is fine. Welcome to YGS.
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
It seems that I fail to post more pictures, I do have nice pictures of this house and I would love to post it, but mabe I am too stupid or something.
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
I forgot to mention, we were the only people there that day and I was alone in the house.
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
This house is now a normal place where a lot of people gather, we make fire outside and eat outside. It is uge inside and there is a lot of graviti on the walls. I do have picture on the inside of the house. So I guess the "others" there don't like it to be visited so much.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Wow I did Google about the house I notice the horses in front of it. Very Interesting.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
I feel like Kimsoutho that there are more than one enity in this place. Just looking at the place looks spooky too. To bad there weren't some pics of the insides to give me a better look and feel of it.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Welcome to the site and thank you for sharing your experience with us, Boo123. What a large, forlorn house! Situated on that high ground, it must be visible from a distance of many kilometers. I have several questions when you have time to respond. When you picnic at the Liebig House do you cook and eat outside or do you use the fireplace and eat in the house? When you heard the voice speaking in German were you the only one in the house? Do you think the voice was complaining about the people in your party who may have been talking? Thanks.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
WOW what an experience, have you been back to the house? If so did you have any other experiences there? Please keep us informed.
God bless. ๐Ÿ˜Š
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
I did take your advice and Googled this site.

Wow! What a large rambling mansion this appears to be.

Just from your story, the information on the site, etc. And a feeling I get (take it or leave it) I am certain there is not just one entity in this place or on these grounds.

There has been so much activity in and around this place that I believe it to be a portal through many entities enter and exit--some good, some not so good.

Not sure I would plan to visit this place any time soon, but then I have many occurances I do not wish to have any way.

Thanks for taking time to share your experience with us, and your English is not bad!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: