You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Liebig House 2

Real Ghost Stories

Liebig House 2

 

I went back to the Liebig house. This time we decided to sleep there for the night. We made our beds inside the house and started a fire outside the house to grill our meat and for extra light.

While we were outside we all started to smell pipe tobacco, I was the only smoker there but even I smelled the sweet smell of the tobacco and I was not smoking at that moment, the smell lasted for a minute or so.

That night while we were in the house we could clearly hear footsteps on the second floor and we all were on the ground floor. The steps came down the stairs and the woman in my first story appeared, she walked past us and we all saw her, the room got a few degrees colder and then she vanished.

That night we did not shut our eyes but unlucky for us that was all we saw for the night, accept for the smell of smoke earlier the evening. I think there is more to that place, When I saved enough money for equipment I will do some investigations there.

I must admit, sleeping there is not a good idea. For those who did not read the first story Google Liebig house Windhoek Namibia. I wish I could add the photos here but I don't know how, I tried but maybe I am too stupid. Once again sorry for my bad spelling, I am not English.

Other hauntings by Boo123

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Boo123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Dear Boo123:

I Googled the Liebig House, too. What a beautiful old building, with good bones and sturdy lines! A pity it sits empty and decaying. Haunted or not, it must be very spooky to visit.

I thought your story was very well done, and you are most certainly not stupid. Please keep us updated on your experiences.

Thank you!
Gert (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Hi, Boo,

I've been to the "spookhuis" many times. It is a favourite stopover when taking the gravel road from Windhoek to Swakop.

What I have noticed:

A) the floorboards are rotten. Walk close to the walls. One is likely to get hurt...

B) Satanists and pretend Satanists frequent the place. Their childish grafitty is everywhere.

C) Beware the Rooibye (Wasps)

D) I have once had a glimpse of some "sinister" activity there. I walked in on a fat ugly dude who set up (or rather, was breaking down) a rather large photo shoot. With 2 little girls about 5 years old. Dressed in nightgowns... Now THAT is the kind of kak that gives me the creeps!

The tobacco you smelled is almost certain to be the Black and White tobacco given to farm workers as rations. Can smell it a mile away. I'm afraid some Damara was checking you out for an unattended camara bag...

Rather go there to "feel" history. It is great to sit in the cellar and tell your kids stories about a long lost South West Africa.

If you feel like returning there with an "impartial" witness, drop me a mail at gjdupreez [at] aol.com and I will join you.

Sorry guys, but I am no great believer of these things!
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Nobody spoke this time, It can be that the smoke was his, and I also cnt figure out who this woman is, but I will keep you updated on my research.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
Well I researched the Liebig house a bit. I'm still puzzled about this German woman ghost, because nothing is mentioned of such a woman in the pages online that talk about the Liebig House. They talk almost exclusively about the wartime exploits of one Alexander Scotland, who worked couterintelligence in two world wars. Is it possible the tobacco smoke you smelled was his? From what I've read, cigar, pipe or cigarette smoke if a favorite form of communication for many ghosts.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Boo123, thank you for sharing your most recent encounter with us! I really appreciate you keeping us updated on this fascinating house. Did you happen to hear German spoken this time? Thanks.
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
The wood we use, don't smell like tobacco, I saw her just standing the first time, this time she was walking, so I don't know what kind of hunting this can be
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Thank you for another wonderful experience. Was the woman that your group saw doing the same thing as when you saw her in your previous encounter? Could the wood you were using to cook with have made the pipe tobacco smell? I look forward to your next posting 😊. God bless.
P.S. I did google the house, there was some very good information on it. God bless.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Nope, you are not stupid.
If you did not already delete your "acceptance" e-mail, just attach the photographs to a "return" message. They SHOULD get to the right person.

I do not think I read your first experience and think I need to read that one before commenting on THIS one.
At present, it SOUNDS as if the Woman is a residual haunt. I AM curious as to the drop in temp, however.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: