You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Convict Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Convict Ghost

 

On 19th March 2007 at A Birch, Brisbane, I was waiting for the sight seeing tour to begin at Port Arthur at the back of the main building. It was heading toward four-thirty in the afternoon, which is when the tour starts. I was sitting on the first bench near the tourist clock for the start of the tour. I saw a man six foot tall in old fashion overalls walk from the back of the main building and past before me on the seat and down the stairs and disappeared. I noticed as he was walking past he looked at me, he had long hair at shoulder height and old pair of overalls one strap hanging down and some type of old style shirt on and I'm quite shaw he had no shoes on. I thought he was a staff member dressed up for a show, thinking it was going to be part of the tour.

Now this is the weird thing, no staff dress up for shows. Ok apparently I had seen a ghost of a convict?

I latter found this to be a usual occurrence as others have seen what they thought were staff dressed up for a show and have turned out to be convict ghosts.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

pipsta (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Hey mate,
I myself have been to Port Arthur and experienced 'events', my own being more physical than visual, but my girlfriend at the time SWORE on her life she saw a figure in overalls strolling wth his head down toward the old prison section, away from the main building. Maybe the same sighting?
auskid91 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
yer apparently port arthur is full of ghosts.
Thankfully I haven't seen any.
I think I'd poop myself if I ran into a convict ghost.

I love port arthur!
Jemma (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
I was thinking the same thing ellycat 😕 I live in QLD. Good story though.:)
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
Hi what an experience LOL they can't hurt you I see ghosts they show up unexpectedly one ran into me one time. I touch my mobile and a second later I get a text message LOL 😊
everyday is getting stranger for me!
ellycat (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
um how could you be at port arthur if you were in brisbane because port arthur is in tasmania
midnightlauri (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-21)
what an experiance! Have you had other experiances with either ghosts or other paranormal oddities?
knew the phone was going to ring before it? Or had a sad heavy feeling before someone close to you passed On?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: