You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House In Cypress

Real Ghost Stories

The House In Cypress

 

When I was in the 4th grade, my family moved into a house in Cypress, California. On the outside it looked like any other on the block, but on the inside it was anything but normal. The layout of the upstairs had been changed by the previouse owner and went from a 4 bedroom to one large loft. But there was something else in the house that for the longest time only us kids encountered.

On the first day as we moved in, we watched a spice rack that was at the back of the counter, It slid across the tiled counter and over the lip at the end of it and crashed to the floor. Our parents did not believe us when we told them, they just thought one of us had done it ourself. But as the weeks went by, things continued.

The clock in the kitchen would periodically jumpoff the wall and land on the refidgerator 3 feets away, never once did it hit the ground. The T.V. and Stereo would turn on by them selves tunded to a station with nothing but static. Three to four times a week we would hear scratching noises on the east side of the house, and there were no bushes or trees on that side. My little sister and I would every so often hear someone moving around in the upstairs closet when no one else was up there. My parents however thought this was just all our imaginations, until one night.

My sister Kina and I, along with two other of my sisters, were up in her part of the loft one night (which was on the East side of the house) watching T.V. We started to hear music from the music boxes on the other side of the loft where my other two sisters beds were. They decided to go see what was going on and as soon as they turned the corner by the stairs, that is when it happened.

From outside Kinas window a voice called out to her, in a scratchy whisper, it called her name over and over. By the time it called her name the 3rd time we were already heading down the stairs, followed by my other two sisters. They were running because as they got to the music boxes, it stopped playing.

We ran to our dad and after telling him what happened he decided to go check it out. We followed him up the stairs to the window all of us moving as one. But you could have heard a pin dropped with the silence that followed him opening the curtains. On the window was two smeared handprints on the outside and hanging from the beam of the roof was a noose. My dad thought someone had tried to break in and called the police.

After they arrived and checked the house and the surrounding property, they found nothing. They told my dad that no one could have gotten to that side of the house from the outside, only from the inside was it possible. That is when they informed my dad what had occured at the house years before. It seemed that the owners, prior to the one we got the house from, had a teenage daughter. One day when they had come home early they discovered her body swinging from a noose from that very window, and on the outside of the window was two smeared hand prints. Thats all my dad needed to hear. We moved out that week, realizing that for some reason she was still there and did not want any other children in that house.

From time to time I go by that House in Cypress and alway get the feeling something is watching me. But to this day when I hear something outside the window I hesitate to look, in fear something may be looking back.

Other hauntings by The6thK

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

MyleneAunzo (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
I guess this is not the end of story there must be something on it, something that needs to be told and untold. Ah maybe this just my imagination but would you believe a girl would hang herself, I guess the entity or "ghost" that bothers you guys wasn't the girls spirit or emotions. Maybe it was someone who knows or contributes on girl's death. Wow I love untold stories / history anything that would feed my playful mind.
Morse (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
I was just kind of looking up stuff like scary stories in Cypress, because I live here. I really didn't think that looking around I'd find something on my own street. That's some scary stuff man.
CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
Ahhh! I say that not because of the story but because it looks like you forgot to go over it with Spell and Grammar check. It would be much easier and more believable if I could read it but the fact that you didn't put the effort into making sure the spelling and grammar was correct tells me it's not credible.
The6thK (4 stories) (9 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
To those who may have heard this story of mine, I used to tell it In Haunted chat rooms several years ago, along with several other of my encounters. As for my family moving out, we were not able to buy a house that week, we had to rent for a while. 😐
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
How sad that this girl who so tragically ended her life, and it almost sounds as if she tried to stop it too (the smeared hand prints on the window), would be stuck there for all eternity. Or was it something more sinister (still, the smeared hand prints)? I do think that I have heard a very similar story somewhere else too. It is good that you were able to move that same week if you were all uncomfortable in the home. How fortunate that you were financially able to do so. Sometimes a family has to look for quite a while to get out of such situations. Thank you for your story.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
That's really scary! I guess, your family was financially capable to move out so quickly. Usually, people can't just up and move so quickly because of their finances. You were lucky to be able to get out of there. Poor girl! I wonder what made her want to hang herself. That's terrible. Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
interesting, hmmmm. Sounds like I have read this story before.

God Bless!
ashley (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
that is really messed up!!! I dont know what I would do in that situation, I think I would have a heart-attack!
Kurt Smith (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-30)
The House is located On Vista Fortuna,2nd house on the right from the corner, its near the Cypress Civic Center
brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-10-30)
that is a really freaky story i would of freaked out if that was me. Do you still believe that the girl is there and trying to tell to people that go into the house something like why she die??
Lisa (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-10-28)
o_0
omg...creepy that's really creepy.
justin (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-10-21)
can u give me the address and the street i live in cypress,CA!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: