You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In White Looking For His Love?

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In White Looking For His Love?

 

In 1991 I was living in Cleveland, Ohio and was working at TGI Fridays, located on the west side of the Flats. It was the first day of snow fall for that year and I was working late as usual.

After closing, I made it to my car. Since there was so much snow, I had to start my car and wait for it to warm up. As I sat in my car listening to my music, I noticed someone standing in front of my car. When I turned on the headlights, I realized that it was some guy wearing a white coat. He was just standing there staring out at the water.

At first, I thought it was someone who I may have worked with, so I rolled down my window and shouted out to him, but he did not respond. I then honked the horn but still got no response. The snow started to come down really heavy and it covered the front windshield pretty quickly. After a few moments, I turned on the wipers and to my surprise, he was gone. I stepped out of the car to see where he went, but he was no where to be seen. I quickly got back into the car and went home.

The next day, I went to work still wondering who the guy may have been. As a matter of fact, when I got inside, I started talking to a couple of the waiters about what had happened and I was taken back by the look on their faces. When I asked them why they looked so shocked by what I told them, they in turn told me about what happened two years before.

It was the first day of snow fall in 1989 when a young man was seen standing on top of the unfinished bridge that went over the river. Many people watched in horror as he jumped into the river. The witnesses to this said that he was dressed all in white. The body, however, was never recovered, and his ID was found at the top of the bridge where he had jumped off. It was only after they discovered who he was that they realized why he had killed himself. It seems that a week before, his fiancé had died in a car crash, and his family told authorities that he was depressed over it.

The following year several people leaving a bar one night said they had seen something very similar to what I had seen. Oddly enough, it was also on the first day of snow fall in 1990. That is when I realized that I had seen his ghost, still lost and perhaps looking for his love. In any case I was something that I will never forget and I hope that some day he finds what he is looking for.

Other hauntings by The6thK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The6thK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Explosion123 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
Well, that person had issues.
Why kill you'reself over some girl? Wow.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
that is a sad story knowing that someone has lost a loved one and still can't find happiness. I hope one day he will. Thank you for sharing it
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I realy did enjoy reading it. I believe as everyone here does, that this was a lost spirit. It realy doesn't know that it has passed away. Poor guy. I hope someone helps him cross over one day. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
I think your story is very interesting and the title alone had me hooked right away. It's really sad, however, and I could understand how losing someone you love could make life seem not worth living, but I wish he would've held on through his pain. I don't know what to believe about the souls that commit suicide, because I am a Christian and I have heard different theories about it, but I'd like to believe that those people aren't automatically condemned.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Could it possibly be residual in that it makes no contact with the living? He may have stood on that bridge contemplating his life before he took it. Maybe that is what people are seeing, his essence of sorrow imprinted in that time and space. Just a thought. Ofcourse if it's seen only on the first snowfall of the season then this explanation may not apply. If it was seen when it snowed anytime then that would be different and considered residual. If it's seen only on the first snow then it may be a trapped spirit (self imposed or not) on earth.
Ahimsa (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
I also live in Cleveland and get down to the west side of the flats on occasion. I have never heard this story before, but next time I am down there, I will have to keep a look out for the man in the white coat. Was he standing on the dock near the powerhouse?
kchan95 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
I think he should hurry up and go to heaven. Really, maybe he might find his love there. He can't stay on earth forever... Or can he?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Thanks for sharing your experience. It was indeed a very sad story! Like Annie said, your apparition was a lost soul still looking for his beloved half. Maybe he's still wandering around the river-his resting place-since he's hesitant to cross. He doesn't know what lies on the other side or whether he will meet his love again. Living a life without the one you love is a lesser loss as opposed to going through eternity without it!
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
It sounds like he's keeping himself in limbo. It seems he doesn't know that if he would go towards the light, he would find his fiance there. I agree with Brownie09, this is sad. I hope he's found some help crossing over. Thank you for sharing this story with us.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Wow, thanks for sharing this good but sad story with us, the guy must have been trying to find his past fiance. It is hard when you lose someone you loved with all your heart. Sorry to hear the guy took his life the way he did, but probably felt like he couldn't go on without her, and he still comes back to find the love of his life. Wish there was something that someone could do, to help him move on into the white light and let him know that his fiance will be there waiting for him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: