You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Shadow Men And The End Of The World

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Men And The End Of The World

 

I've seen strange things my entire life; ranging from possessed statues to ghostly women, but my most memorable experience was the first time I met the shadow men.

I woke up from my bed and instantly knew it was a dream. I often had night terrors as a child so I quickly learned to lucid dream in order to help fight my nightmares.

I started with a technique I called the "Emergency Exit" in which I would slam my eyes shut and slam them back open in an attempt to shock myself out of my dream. It was fairly effective.

So I got out of my bed and looked out my 2nd storey bedroom window. Below I saw a parade. This was especially odd since we lived on a dead end street but I guess it makes sense because it was a parade of humanity.

At the time I didn't really get it but as my life went on, I discovered I had seen a parade of all the events through history (or at least the important ones [or ones that I'd encounter in my life])

Just as I was about to see how the world dies, I turned to find the shadow man. He was holding a woman hostage. (I didn't know her) I got mad and killed him easily.

Then the woman ran off terrified. I was still in a berserk mood and turned to face the other room that was across the hall from mine.

This room was evil. It was the place that the haunted statue (I'll explain in a different story) my mother bought was kept at the time. It was an empty and evil place. This room was common in my nightmares, even when I didn't dream of my room.

I walked across the hall and into the room. I turned and saw four shadow men playing poker where the T.V. Usually was. (No one lived in that room. I don't know why we had a T.V. There.) Then I turned to my right and saw another one standing there. That's when I woke up.

I saw some other stories on the shadow man here so I thought I'd post mine. I've seen him both in and out of dreams (although most commonly in them). Is it just me or am I the only one that has seen him/them with a dog like a Doberman. I've also had several fights with the dogs.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gm_de_chaos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gm_de_chaos (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-25)
Angelfeathers, I reposted the story on my profile if you'd like to read it.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
the shadowman does not exist. If it's dark as hell ofcourse yout going to see illusions and if it's daylight that your losing it. First of all a shadow itself its faster that lightning. Theres no way you could of seen that. Demon are fast and never want to be unseen until the tims is right. Shadows are in everyday life, that's what makes us who we are. But if you believe in that stuff then becareful, becuase if you see a shadow on the floor, something might just come up from the shadow and pull you into a realm or darkness and pain, but then again is just stories. Didn't mean to frighten you! Laugh out loud!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
Honestly don't know what to make of this story. Most night terrors in children and nightmares in adults are due to stress or an unresolved situation playing out in your dreams from your subconscience. I do believe there are people that get premonitions about earthquakes, plane crashes even the death of someone close to them but don't think that has anything to do with the end of the world. However, you can buy a ton of books written by people who think they know. As far as the black shadow people, to my knowledge it doesn't mean evil it just means they can't totally manifest. I can relate to a shadow person being that I have seen 2 in my lifetime that had no rational explanation. Till this day I don't know what I saw but at the time it never occurred to me it was anything other than 2 humans. It was the proceeding events that made me realize what I saw wasn't human but spirit. This happened 40 years Ago and "shadow people" was not a term used back then. At least now people can relate when you use that term. Since our updated technology the study of the paranormal has come a long way and is taken more seriously.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
gm, was the story removed? Or were you unable to post it? Seems that Mondays are the best days to access the posting page.

Can you type the story in your "bio" in your profile page? You have piqued my curiosity, as regards the statue. (Plus, you have a little more latitude in explaining yourself there.)

Just a thought.
A.
gm_de_chaos (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
I actually wrote the other story on the statue. It was removed; most likely because I referred to it as possessed.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
Seeking the via media here: Perhaps "haunted" is a more appropriate term than "possessed" in the case of the statue? Am looking forward to that story, by the way, gm.

Also, I think that "black dogs" are commonly associated with the demonic. Google those and see what comes up.

As for "shadow men," there are a plethora of hypotheses out there. My own is that they are non-human entities from an alternate plain of existence.

Looking forward to your next story!
A.
gm_de_chaos (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
Everyone's pretty argumentative here, huh? The statue was evil. I don't really know anything about possession but that was the word that best fit in my mind. I know the statue was evil, I experienced it. My friends didn't believe me either until they came over and got close to it. I don't know much about shadow men either. I saw a few stories on here about them and figured I share my story too. BTW I havn't found a whole lot on the who "dogs with shadow men" issue, whitebuffalo. Would you share a link if you could please?
JessOx (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
Isntt that moree fo a dream then real ghost experiences, and I agree with whitebuffalo, you can't possibly have something possessed woth no soul.
Very interesting though x
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
Surya:Please read on... Have you heard of Tony Crisp? 30 plus years of studies as a Dream Therapist?. This is but one resource out there!. My explanation to gm de chaos was given by this acclaimed expertise. Having lived through the things I have experienced, I want answers. Yes, I have close to twenty years of background in studies of dream state. My studies are quite extensive. I have many degrees. I do not focus on the dream state as my "gifts" are stronger in other areas. Does this help you to understand me better? The Unconscious mind has a way of working things out in dream state. Yes, we do get information from the ethereal/otherworldy in dreams, and this can create a jumbled state of trying to discern the messages. This is common knowledge... You have your opinion, and I stand by my statement to gm de chaos. Blessings, Ghostseer
blackrose149 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
That was an interesting dream! I've never heard of shadowmen. And possesed statues? I agree with whitebuffalo: I don't think you can posses something that has no soul! ❤ 😊
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
That's so interesting! I never heard of shadowmen. I have heard of dogs (shadow creature kind of animals). Do post more on these shadow men and their companion dogs.

Peace, Spazz
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
Possessed statues? Yea, I am thinking I would need a much better description of THAT as you can not possess that which has no soul.
It is MY opinion that Shadow people in dreams and those that we see in our wakefulness are two different things all together. In dreams, they are sometimes to represent someone that we just do not know.
In wakefulness, there are many theories of what a shadow man IS. The most popular one (as tested by the ghost hunter community) is that they are simply ghosts with not enough energy to fully manifest it self.
Personally, by what you have written, I would not take this dream to be prophetic, if I had had the dream.
Shadow men ARE sometimes accompanied by large dogs (in my experience). I would suggest checking them out on the Web to gain more knowledge about them.
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
So Ghostseer you are a dream analyst now, interesting. I beg to differ with you regarding dreams, they play a very significant part in both humans and animals lives. Are you a qualified dream analyst? Does not sound like it judging by your comment.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
Our dreams can get jumbled at times. Fighting off and killing evil things is just a way of feeling more in control of things that may be out of control in our waking life. Statues do not become possessed. They might give off bad energy, but they do not house evil or Souls. I know, I am someone with the ability to see, hear, interact with the other worldly. Have 45 years experience. As far as the world ending... We are far away from that happening. No need to be fearful. Blessings, Ghostseer
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
WOw I am really glad I don't have to go through that. I am sorry to hear about your struggles with these dreams. I have actually read stories on this site about shadow men with dogs. I bet if you go to wikipedia you can find info there to. I did. Good Luck. ❤ Jasmin
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Wow!, interesting dreams, please do post your other stories... And was wondering, did you see that woman again?, 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: