You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Few Experiences In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

A Few Experiences In My Bedroom

 

Ever since I was little I've loved scary stories and experiences. I believe it stems from some of the experiences I had. There have been some minor little occurrences at my house.

This experience has happened twice and in the same general area. Walking from the kitchen to the laundry room one day I felt a hand grab my shoulder and pull me around. When I turned there was no one there at all. Not even in that part of the house and no way for anyone to do it and run (The hand was guiding me around to nothing). Then once again maybe a year later I was lying on my stomach on my bed listening to music when I felt a hand press against my back. It was late at night at first without thinking I assumed it was my mom or a sibling but upon remembering it was late at night and no one else was awake I felt this slow shudder run through me and my heart beat quickened. I looked around but I saw nothing. My room is connected to the laundry room. This last experience was maybe 6 feet from where the first one happened. Both times I felt 5 fingers distinctly digging into my shoulder or pressing on my back.

I'm very nervous about my room sometimes. I sleep with a light on because I seem to see a lot of weird things when there isn't one on. It could be my eyes tricking me but I'm not so sure. I saw a man one night kind of shadowy and the scariest of all of them was a man... Or woman.

One night I was lying in my bed and rolled over on my other side to be face to face with some figure rising up along the side of my bed. Kind of like someone sitting next to my bed and leaning over me. I rolled back over and hid under the covers the rest of the night.

Most of my sightings seem to be in my room or that area. On another occasion walking through the laundry room briefly glancing in my room I saw a child standing in there. Thinking nothing of it because I have 5 younger siblings (it was just a small figure I didn't stop and stare just glanced) I walked on to the washing machine. Walking back (2 feet) and glancing again with no way to miss some one going out of there (the laundry room is about 10 feet straight through) I went in my room and looked all around but no one was anywhere (there is only one entrance to my room) I went to the living room and asked my mom where the kids where and they were all out in the front yard.

My most recent sighting was a few weeks ago. My room is set up so my bed is against the wall, my door is so I can see the shadow my doorway casts on the wall opposite. Well, I wasn't feeling well and lying in bed looking at the doorway shadow, I saw a person's outline for a brief moment but it didn't walk away it just disappeared from my wall. None of my family were in the doorway I could hear them in the living room. I checked to be sure.

On a different note in my sisters room (on the other side of the house but connected to mine) Way, way back when I was about 6, Me and my brother were on the bottom bunk of our bunk bed thinking our sister was on the top I called up "Are you up there?" we heard a very clear "Yes" but when we went up no one was there (she had gone to the kitchen we found out) we were the only ones in the room.

I do find it odd my most of experiences I've had are in my room. My little sister has seen stuff too. She once saw a woman leaving my room. She's seen stuff in other parts of the house too though.

So any thoughts?

I had a dream once of a woman buried under my room... But I don't know if that might mean anything. There is also a grave yard across the street from my house of a family that all died from a sickness (Maybe explains the man and woman and child in my room?) Furthermore back when I was maybe a 11 me and my brother went walking in there and I took a piece of the grave that broke off and still have it on my shelf. (They all died and were buried together in a large grave)

I'm also aware my house is where a tobacco farm used to be and slaves were buried all over our land.

Those are the only ones I can remember right now. I'm pretty sure there are more I will write when I do and if anything else happens.

Other hauntings by AnnaRuss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AnnaRuss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TJR (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
We are a reputable paranormal research group that does these kind of investigations. If you are interested, we have plenty of equipment to try and get evidence and we do a professional job. We will document and verify every piece of evidence that is found. We do not charge the client for this. Afterwards, after we review all of our evidence we will send you a dvd of all the evidence we did find.
You can email us at acknowledgingsupernaturalspirits [at] hotmail.com
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
Haven't read all the other long posts so I don't know if this has already been said, but ever thought of putting the piece of grave back and it stopping?
theknowingman (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
I would just use a wege board to talk to the spirts. Ps if you don't have a wege board I make them and sell them only cost $2.50 plus if wege board gets damage it cost $1.25. I'm all fresh out of wege boards I sold my last one yesterday. I'm waiting for my wood to be deliverd to me. The new wege board came to be done. Its called The Wege God Spirt Talking. I make 20 a year and only 5 are left. Orgaanly price was $10.00 but the price rose due to 5 left. New price $20.00. 😉 😨 😠
AnnaRuss (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Madalyn05, Yeh I've heard of those before. I might look into that. I'm thinking about going to my neighbor I got all my history info from and asking her if she knows exactly where they were buried or not.
I never really thought it was risidual. Because none of them have repeated, they're different times, never exactly close in time and stuff. But then I have to wonder why there have been so few occurences. Like since we moved here 12 years ago its been just little creepy things and when I got the piece of grave stone 5 years ago it seemed to become more obvious. But over this time that's been about all I've seen and all. So I wonder if it is intelligent why so little? I mean I'd think it would want to play around with us. But I'm guessing its intelligent and I hope its something good.
Nothings happened since the last one I meantioned. Except the weird feelings, Static-y voices (I should have meantioned that in my story, Sorry. I hear occasional static like voices sometimes...) and just stuff like that. But if something else happens I'll be sure to let you guys know.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
I could say a lot of this might be residual until it comes to the part of being touched. I would talk to them like you would any other living person with respect but firmess about what you expect from them. Keep us posted.
mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
If you would like to know where the slaves might possibly be buried, I have an idea that might help. First, ask if somebody might know the general direction of the grave. Then, there are some wire things I've seen (my grandma has a pair) that can locate graves. I believe they are called "witching wands" and the technique is "grave witching." I've seen them in use and it's surprising how they work.
AnnaRuss (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
Yes, It was definitely more I just wanted to have it.
Yeh, the fact it is a tragic passing would have effect I've thought of that. Because I have pretty much dedicated my life to the paranormal I've done research on every aspect. I'm planning whole heartedly to become an investigator. 😊
Well, I'm thinking it may be intelligant because, With the touching I've felt like when something grabbed my shoulder and spun me around it seemed to know what it was doing, Same with the other time. The figure over my bed was I believe looking at me. None of them have tried to talk to me but do seem to be aware of me. I would like to talk to them but I don't want to in a seance or oujii board.
I wouldn't want to make it leave if its safe. If its not here to hurt me or anyone else I'm fine with what's here. I would like to know why its here and who it is.
I've heard that blessings and other clensing ceromony's only fuel a haunting and as well my parents don't believe in those so we wouldn't be able to (I'm only 16).
But I don't feel threatened for the most part. It scares me but I have more of a deep respect for the paranormal then a fear.
Thanks for all the help everyone! It feels good to not be told "Oh your crazy!" like my non believing friends do 😁
October (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
You've obviously have spirits that haven't crossed over yet.

When a person dies a horrid death, (like the mysterious illness) they usually stay where they died. They also may not know they're dead, and are living in what they think is there house.

Just stand in the middle of your room and distinctivly state, but don't be rude, that they are not welcome and need to go where they belong.

If that doesn't help, have a ceremony to help them cross over. You can look up how to do this (get it from a legit site) because I'm not exactley sure how to do it so I can't tell you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
OK, so it was more of a "Lookie here. I would like to have that" reason, rather than that of "Oh, poor people. We need to remember them" reaction with the taking of the piece of stone.
Good, we are getting somewhere 😊.
That would imply that you took it (loosely translated, you understand) only as you were a child, and it was neat to you. NOT that there was any "real connection". Good. That eliminates ONE possibility.
I am laughing at your admission (thinking that I was going to jump straight to hallucinations). Totally understandable, but I am laughing as I enjoy your honesty.
It REALLY would be logical that your place SHOULD have visuals as to your description of those buried there. In that the family shares a final resting place (rather sweet, though, isn't it?) due to their passing in rapid succession...
THAT is a highly emotional thing to have happened. It is thought that high emotion is the cause of residual haunting.
NOW what needs to be done is... SOME sort of test to determine whether this is a residual experience, or an intelligent visit.
Anyone ever try to communicate with, or acknowledge you in any way?
Again, thank you for your honesty.
AnnaRuss (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
Thanks for all the thoughts.
Ok, I get what your asking.
I felt drawn to take it yes. But it was like I looked it and was like in my head "take one" kind instictively. But I know if I feel it was a connection.
The whole graveyard I'm drawn to. I feel a connection with the whole thing in general.

Ok, I get you mean with that too. Ok. I was quessing you meant that and as soon as I answered yes it would be hullusinations. Well, I can't use a phone well in my room, I don't know if that's anything other the reception but it works fine in the laundry room and kitchen which is right next to my room. Um, battery operated stuff will go dead in my room a lot when the batterys were just replaced.
I don't really know for sure if slaves were buried here. But they were buried in a certain place... What I meant earlier was I'm not sure where that was it could be our land. It could be our neighbors But the whole area was basically one tobacco farm.
I know my neighbor said that many slaves were buried togther in a large hole. But as to where I don't know.
The family was only buried together because they died within hours of each other. But I think that were so they were together in death. Further other then hearing it I'd say they were for the fact the covering brick is so vastly large.
Thanks for all the info again its very helpful!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
But...
Do you remember WHY you thought to take it home?
Maybe I am not wording that question right (I have been known to tick a few people off as they misinterpreted my meaning or tone)... Do you remember feeling any kind of "pull" or...uh... A connection, of some sort, that caused you to think that you just HAD to have a piece of that gravestone?
I have visited SOME graves that seemed to "pull at the heartstrings" a bit more than others and in walking AWAY from them thought it might be nice to have a physical memory OF that feel. THAT is when I, personally, snap off a photo. BUT, my daughter DID take some relics from a cemetery once... As she felt a CONNECTION to the one buried there, even though she did not know the person in life.
And, Nope, I was not thinking EVP's. I was thinking more along the lines of a PULL for Spiritual activity. It is said that those who have difficulties manifesting use the electrical devises as a way TO show themselves. They either disturb the working order of the appliance, OR work THROUGH the electrical devise.
AND, if the slaves just... Good Graces, I HATE to say it like this, but... Died, and were buried WHERE they died (with no preparation of the bodies) you MAY be dealing with the gases that escape the body as it decomposes. To the best of my knowledge, THAT can happen for MANY, MANY years after the death of the individual. If they are ALL OVER the yard...
You have a field of escaping gasses which CAN look like an entity rising up out of the earth itself. It is FREAKY to say the least.
Mass graves seem to have a "life all their own". There is just SOMEthing about them that seem to make them a bit sinister. I personally think it is just in the fact that I usually assume that someone was a jerk and did not feel that all those that had passed needed their own private resting place. It may just BE in that. BUT, metals that people are buried with, toys, some doo dads that SOME like to "slip in" with their loved ones can work AGAINST each other to CREATE a reaction that causes "sightings" in some cases.
Thank you for your rapid reply. I appreciate it.
AnnaRuss (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
I'm unsure if they were all buried together or not. Its a small graveyard there are about 3 seperate graves. A woman who lives next to it says the large plot they are all together in. And its like a small mausoleum. She knows about it from her old patient she took care of back in the 80s Mrs. White who was close to 100 and lived next to where we live across from the graveyard. She knew the family that was buried there. The graves in there are dated early 1900s The other 2, I know 1 is atleast not immediate family to the one that died and the other just says "Baby" on it. I think if I remember correctly that, that one was the familys baby that died not long ater being born (but I don't think of the illness)

As far as I know they're everywhere. If there was one designated place I don't know.
Yes, It is a shared wall.

And there isn't much electrical stuff in there. There is in total about 4 I guess. If your insinuating that it could be a high EMf causing hellusinations I think that can be ruled out its not a big issue.
As for why. Well, first off the whole of it is a brick monument type of thing. Its been chipping and crumbling for years and it was all over. Being 11 I picked up a piece and brought it home.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
Just a few questions first.
This large grave that the whole family that died of this mysterious illness is buried in? Are you saying it is a MASS GRAVE or a GROUP of graves all in close proximity of one another?
The slaves buried all over your land? IS there a permanent resting place for them, or are they buried haphazardly, like when they passed, a hole was dug RIGHT THERE and they were interred?
The laundry room shares the same wall as your bedroom? How many electrical and battery operated devices are in the rooms? Total? Do you get disruption of service?
WHY did you take a piece of the tombstone?
Thank you.
AnnaRuss (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
Thanks for the replies!
I have considered returning the piece of grave stone. I'm kind of attached to it and kind of frightened of having it around.
I'm not really afraid of the paranormal world and I don't know if I really feel threatened by anything I've seen. At the time I'm truly terrified though.
Unless things get violent or dangerous I actually am more interested in this possible haunting.
Does this seem like it may get to a dangerous level? I've had the piece for 5 years and at this point the only stuff that's happened is what I meantioned so its not ecelating at a fast pace.
If the spirits might have a message any suggestions on how I could recieve it? I don't want to use a oujii board because I know they aren't a good idea. And my mom doesn't want to open a door if one isn't already open.
luci_aka_me (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
wow well like what composerman said I would take the grave back to where you got it from as it may have be a mean of transport. And also do not fear them as it only feed them, and by the sounds of it you have lived with them for awhile maybe they have a message for you or your family
Composerman (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Wow, some very odd experiences there! I would maybe suggest replacing the broken piece of grave that you have on your shelf - it might be partly behind the haunting (or continuation of?!) Just a thought. Something or someone is definitely trying to get your attention!

Thank you for posting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: