You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: What I Witnessed

Real Ghost Stories

What I Witnessed

 

My name is Brian and I witnessed something that I had never seen before, but had heard about and something that would ultimately impact my life.

Around December my friend Ryan had told me that he had woken up in the middle of the night to find a green glowing light floating in his bathroom, which was about 10 feet away or so from his bed. He was scared at first. He hid from it and told it to go away and it soon did. The next day he looked it up on the internet and through Google navigation, found a green orb web sight and started telling me facts he had researched. I believed him but never actually checked the sight for myself until tonight and it never crossed my mind for awhile.

Three months later, we were out with our friends (NOT under the influence of any drugs and myself being the designated driver) and arrived at his house around five I believe. As we got ready to sleep, he was texting some random chick he knows. I wanted to turn the TV on because for some reason I was not tired at all however after him complaining for a minute or so I decided to turn it off. A minute went by and Ryan received another text message. I lay on my side and started to close my eyes.

For some odd reason I opened them for a split second and saw this green floating light. I blinked quickly, really thinking that I was just tired and I saw something I had never seen before. The green light had maybe moved 4 feet to the right and it started expanding. Above the light appeared a young male's face! I looked at it for probably four seconds and then thought that maybe Ryan had gotten up and walked to my side of the room and had texted. When I turned around to my left, I did not expect to see Ryan there. He was.

I quickly turned back over and the orb had vanished. I instantly got the chills and I turned over and said Stanley did you see that? In a very strange sort of tone. No kidding, the first thing he said was "the green orb?"...I said yes but the light expanded and there was a young male's face. I then proceeded to explain to him how it had a skinny chin, high cheek bones, he looked like he may have been crinkling his lips or else he had very thin lips and I saw just a little bit of the top of his head. It appeared that he had short dark hair but for some reason I did not see the whole top of his head. Ryan fit that description which is why I thought it was him. I was freaked out and decided it was best to roll over and try to sleep again.

Not even 5 seconds later, Ryan suddenly said, "Oh my god Brian", look up. Below his ceiling light which was about 5 feet in front of us, was a green orb floating there. I went under the covers and was scared, however Ryan and I both became brave and as we looked up, the green orb was still floating there. I suddenly had a peaceful easy feeling. We started to ask it questions, we told it to go away, we asked what it wanted and we asked who it was. The orb just floated there for over a minute before it just slowly disappeared. I had never been through something like that before but as it vanished, I began to get tired. I closed my eyes, opening them twice after minutes to scope the room and see if there was anything unusual, but did not and I became at ease and fell asleep.

I told some of my close friends and some believed me but a lot did not. I know what I witnessed. It has been a big part of changing my life and making me become at peace with life and God. I will never forget what I saw and it will always be a very special moment for me

Now just a couple of weeks ago, Ryan called me up and told me that he was up late once again and had switched his lights off to sleep. He looked up into his bathroom and once again the orb was there. Ryan was not scared and walked into the bathroom towards it and tried to switch the light on. The light would not come on. He then stepped out and switched his bedroom light on. He turned it off again and when he looked into the bathroom, the orb was gone. He then flipped the switch again and the light turned on...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bechill1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
p.s. After you begin with the prayer, you might want to play an upbeat song, or sing one together. This raises the vibration of the room, and will help the entity to make contact. Call him specifically, "the boy who comes with the green light." And even ask him to show himself; telling him to use the positive energy that you guys are bringing. Feel uplifted, and happy, and you will attract the same.
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
Brian, You are very lucky. You've encountered a spirit that has enough energy to manifest its features. That peaceful easy feeling you had, it may have imparted to you, since they can sometimes do that on purpose. This spirit is trying to communicate with someone, and you should try to see if you can. Go there on a calm night, use a white candle, and say a prayer like the Lord's Prayer and ask for protection. Bad spirits can pretend to be good spirits, so you must forbid them to make contact. Say to the spirit, "If you come in the name of God, then we will speak with you." Do this with a friend and quietly meditate. Try not to be afraid or filled with anticipation; anxiety blocks energy. Remember, your life force has more power than any entity, and you have to take the dominant role. You control everything. Do not use the Ouija Board. Ask it to make raps on the wall or table in response to your questions. Instruct it 1 rap for no, and 2 raps for yes. When your conversation with "him" is over, tell him "I end this communication and send you in peace." Let us know the outcome! (Remember, 95% of Americans live a lifetime, and never experience the paranormal, and like ignorant, obnoxious children they laugh at it). Like I said, how lucky you are!
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
I agree with you should get your friend to set up a recorder to try and catch this orb at work, if he's awake he could try and talk to it, usually you can only hear them on a tape or something, it's this thing with ghosts.
Good Luck ❤
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
Tell your friend to get a digital recorder so that the next time this orb comes around and your friend asks questions, maybe the answer can be picked up on the recorder. You never know that could be captured. Lots of luck! ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
There are natural reasons for orbs such as collective gasses or static energy building up with dust collections. This said, I doubt it would have any bearing on you feeling peaceful unless you were getting high off the gas part lol. I don't usually make too much of orbs because they can be debunked pretty easily but I enjoyed the story. If it was an entity consider yourself fortunate that the essence of it made you feel peaceful and not scared.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
Brian, you are a lot braver than me. Good for you for not running out the door in terror. Maybe he (the ghost) was just as curious about the both of you as you both were about him.

-Jennifer
himx (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
i've too seen an orb floting in the sky (actually earthen lamp)...look your frnd tried to talk to it but the orb didn't
It would be better for your frnd to leave that house because the orb is only seen in the house and its isn't following your frnd... Or if you both wish to help it take proper steps 😲
musicperson (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
creepy I think the orb is friendly there are many orbs out there and I think green mean friendly good luck ❤ ❤
Wishes2810 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
I love your story! I have seen many orbs in my childhood but never a green one! Have you tried asking it other questions? It seems freindly, but I have seen the good bad and ugly. Have you seen any more of this manafestation? 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: