You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Last Train Home

Real Ghost Stories

The Last Train Home

 

It happened about a week ago - I was catching the last train home from my dad's house, it was about quarter past eleven and I had to stop and change trains. The station I was left at was completely deserted and dark. I was there alone; or so I thought.

The train screen notified me that my train was going to be delayed by half an hour and so I settled myself on a cold bench - just my luck. I wrapped myself in my coat trying to keep warm, but something in the surroundings kept making me shiver. Goosebumps filled my skin as I looked across the track. On the other platform - about ten metres away, I could see what appeared to be a teenage girl - fairly tall and slender; she was perched on the edge of the platform, her legs dangling ever so close to the railway line. Due to the lack in light - I wasn't too sure what she was doing, but without hesitation she suddenly jumped onto the track. My heart stopped - for all I could see was her outline in a dark shadow.

I screamed to her - what the hell are you doing?! The train will be arriving any second, get off the track! But she didn't listen. Instead, she slowly started tiptoeing along the track towards me. Her face wasn't directly looking at me, but appeared to be looking ahead, as if she was curious of what lied in front of her. My heart was beating so fast and I was petrified. At a quick abrupt jolt - her eyes met mine. Her skin was pale white and her deep set black eyes were burning through me.

Before I could even acknowledge what she was doing - the train screeched round the bend, edging ever so near her. It must have been centimeters before hitting her, when she just vanished before my eyes. The noise of the train breaking sounded likes a girl's scream.

All I could imagine was that this was a victim of a train wreck - and she now haunts this station. Has anyone else experienced this before as I sure as hell know that I was not imagining anything!

I saw it.

Other hauntings by stubbington

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stubbington, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-11-24)
Hi stubbington,

I know this is an old story. I think the girl committed suicide and what you saw was a residual haunting.

I get a terribly sad feeling from this story. You told it very well.

You haven't been back to this site in ten years but if you do return, I would be interested to know of anything you may have learned about the girl. I would be interested because I feel that no one should be forgotten.

Best Wishes - Maria ❤
Saurian89 (28 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
I agree with zoajet. Look up an old article from 80 years and up. 😐
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
I have to agree with gothprincess, I don't think this was a demon. It was probably someone who is stuck in the station, maybe by being killed on accident, maybe on purpose. Great story, tell us if it or anything else happens again!
gothprincess149 (9 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
I don't really think this was a demon! This "girl" was probably killed by the train. She might be trapped at the station. If I were you I would do some research on what happened there! Great story, by the way. ❤
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
It could've been a residential ghost, there are a lot of stories about people who relive their death day once a year or once a day, do what people here tell you to do, find out a little bit more about her.
Good Luck ❤
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
KimA, people who died by trains (not always) their spirit tend to be traped there. Some people even get unlucky and have to repeat death everyday. Yeah talking about reminded be of a movie called ghost train. Eather day, no one should want to be killed by a train.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
Hey...

Which station are your talking about, may help to know...:)

Regards,
Logan
tboro (10 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
well I think that it might be a demon or a girl died by an train accident. Well in india we believe that people who die in accident or suicide, god doesn't give them space in heaven or hell as they go before their time comes, so they keep hanging between... 😐
KimA (1 stories) (13 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
I agree with the other posters in that you should look into any possible links to deaths at that train station.

I posted my story, "The Vintage Steakhouse Ghost" a while back. The restaurant is inside of an old train car, so your story grabbed my attention immediately. Is there something with old trains and or stations that attracts spirits? The restaurant where I was at is in a train depot in San Juan Capistrano, CA, where many ghost sightings have occurred.

Fascinating story!
musicperson (10 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
she is proberly a ghost a of and girl hit by a train and died ect you should start reserching about that train station to see if there been any crashes that involed a teenage girl being killed
Good luck ❤
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
You might be right. She might be killed by a train or killed on that spot. You might want to do some research on that track. Maybe what you might even find a picture of her on one of the archives. 😊
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
Um...I'm doubtful it was a demon (I know some people believe there are onln demons and angels out there, but I beg to differ).

Also, this does sound like something I have heard before, but in a different culture and different place.
YourLifeBelongs2JesusNeverEvil (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Its just a demon making trouble,

Probally waiting for someone to prey on, for all I know it probally was trying to lure you in the tracks and make you get stuck on the rails with your coat, who knows.

Any way I'll just tell it to go to hell.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
That sounds like it is a risidual haunting. I'd bet that if you went to that train station at that same time you might be able to see her again. Great story. I enjoyed reading it. ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
If you are not considering professional writing I would encourage you to do so. Somehow I get the idea that we were told a story but not an experience. You told it remarkably well; loved it.
Saurian89 (28 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Look through the files and history of the
Station as well as check the past 10 or
15 years of death at that station, she
Could have been murdered. 😢
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
She may have been killed by a train. She now haunts there agaist her will. She may be traped there, desten to repeat death always. This is very sad. Try to find what happen.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: