You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Bath Tub Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Bath Tub Ghost

 

This story was not actually experienced by me, but told to me by someone I am close to. It happened two years ago. One summer day, when I was out swimming with my cousins, my Great Aunt told me a strange story about her house. It happened a long time ago when her son, my Uncle, was still young enough to be living at home. She told me he had a specific routine for when he would get ready for bed. He would always take a bath, wrap up in his green towel, then go to his room and close the door to get changed. One evening she saw my uncle come out of the bathroom in his green towel and go to his room. Normal, right? Then she noticed he left the bathroom light on, so she quickly went in and turned it off. All of a sudden, she heard a voice from around the corner, where the bath tub was, screaming "Mom!". My aunt flipped the light back on and ran around the corner and sitting there, in the bath tub, was my uncle, he hadn't left yet. He didn't act as if he had seen anything peculiar, it didn't seem as if he had seen anything at all, he was only upset that she had turned the light off on him. She didn't say anything about what she had seen and went to check his bedroom, empty.

After hearing this story, I excitedly told my Grandmother, who is somewhat of a skeptic, but is actually quite interested in what people claim to be true stories. I asked her if she knew her sister had been living in a haunted house and all she said was, "That house isn't haunted..." I asked her what she meant by that. Didn't she believe her? She said, "I believe she saw what she saw, but that it was just deja vu..." What she meant was that my aunt had become so accustom to my uncle's routine that she simply saw it unfolding in front of her eyes when she came near the bathroom. Deja Vu. But I myself believe that deja vu is only a feeling that you have meet someone or been somewhere when you come to said place or meet said person. I am unaware if deja vu can come in the form of a vision of something that has already happened. So I ask you. Do you think my aunt saw a spirit? Or was it just deja vu?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

StephanieHyde (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-07)
There is something in French called jamis vu, it is where you see the future right before it happens.
Grav3yardgirl1403 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
My mother told me she saw me standing in her room when I was sleeping. This story is great.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Hi thanks for sharing your story I have seen a ghost standing in my bath. I didn't know him but he was a teenage boy wearing blue he was. I recognise him from my dreams he been trying to tell me something. I can't remember though.
He keeps putting me in a deep sleep that why when contacting me in my sleep. 😐
just_peachy312 (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
See? That's why I don't take baths. I take showers!... However I have heard of ghosts who immitate real folks or animals. I have seen these "dopplegangers" a few times myself. I guess since they have no "life" (no pun intended) they immitate others... Kinda like real people!
Chris (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
If that happens again then your aunt is bad at remembering who's in the bathroom and whos not.
alyssa (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-07)
well on one side I think it was not real but the other half of me says it was real so I believe my second half. But I have to see it to believe it.HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! You know what you atta do tell your little friend to tell her aunt to video tape it.
Fran (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-06)
Well I'm not sure it was Deja Vu. I do think she actually saw a ghost or spirit, Your grandmother probably doesn't believe because back when your grandmother was young, people couldn't just go around saying they see or believe in ghosts, others would think she was crazy. But it was an interesting story you should research the home a little more. That's my opinion.
Carlie (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-06)
it wouldn't make scense if it was deja vu I personally had it happened to me but it talked to me. I couldn't hear most of the words but I could make out "goodnight mom" I'm not even a mum! I was living with my mum dad and sister at the time!
an ally (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-06)
wow... A ghost that imitates? Now that is hilarius.
it could be either one of the two. -_-;
ken (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-06)
wow!it makes me scared a lot... I like it so much thanks to the one who post this kind of a real horror story... Thanks a lot...
elisha-fox (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-05)
wow I think that was great tbh I don't think it was deja vu I did really like the story :)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: