You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Haunting Bath

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunting Bath

 

The story takes place in the Northern Rockies of Western Montana. The house I lived in was a 1880s western Victorian that one housed miners for the Anaconda company. The day I walked into this house, the first time I could feel a warm embrace that I had not felt before or since. So on that day I made the offer and it was accepted.

The house would give me glimpses of a hidden world from time to time. The first few were haunting violin music from an empty upstairs room very late at night. There were also many nights I would see things, shapes, shadows and a mist of sorts. Though the true contact of this entity happened on a brisk autumn eve after returning home from a long day at work. I had no shower in this old home so I bathed in a period claw foot tub. I ran the tub like any other time, hopped in and lathered up. The water was a bit to warm for my liking so with soap all over me and my eyes shut I reached for the cold water side and turned it, to my surprise I had turned the hot water on full blast, feverishly trying to get the soap out of my eyes to remedy the water situation. I opened one eye in time to watch the hot water turn off with out any help from me.

I remember every experience that home had to show me with a fondness and hope that one day I would return and thank it for opening my already very open eyes.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RevCunnynghame, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
don't worry I have a ghost which stud in my bath once now my bathrooms haunted. Don't worry your not the only one I'm scared of that bathroom now.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-23)
RevCunnynghame, first I want to say the claw foot tub sounds heavenly! Your spirit sounds sort of protective and that can only be a good thing. I'm glad you had such a good experience and enjoyed it at the time. You sound open to a world where not everything is as we think it should be, and I personally think that is a great thing. I have experienced some things that aren't what people consider 'normal' ghostly activities, scary or evil I mean, and I'm always happy to hear from someone who has a similar enjoyable experience as I have. It goes to show that not every other-worldly happening has to be some horrifying ordeal or scare the living pants off of you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
Dear RevCunnynghame,

I relate to your story. :) Majority of homes or places are not haunted by negative ghosts or visiting spirits. They are just average everyday people who have died, and are presently re-living their daily lives within their familiar residences and environments.--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
😊 Wow, some one who actually wants to return to a place where spirits are known to roam. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
Wow a house haunted by a benevolent entity, that's always a refreshing take on the whole subject. Thanks RevCunnynghame.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: