You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Children Bath Time

Real Ghost Stories

Children Bath Time

 

Another few strange things have happened to me.

I was out and about with my boyfriend. He was taking me shopping. We were out of the house for most of the day, only coming back when I had almost bankrupted him.

When we got back, I made myself a pot noodle so there would be no washing up the next day. Then we went upstairs to get ready for bed. I had just pulled my pyjamas on when I heard my boyfriend shout for me. On entering the bathroom where he was, he was pointing to the bath which was full to the brim with hot soapy water. We were both very confused. Then we heard what sounded like excited children and it was coming from the bath. We just stood there and thought about what we were hearing. It was like we were invisible in a child's everyday bath time and bedtime routine. Eventually the sound died away and we drained the bath, before getting into bed. I woke in the early hours of the morning to see a note which said:

Do not disturb the children.

It was on my bedside cabinet. I woke my boyfriend and he saw it for a brief second before the writing disappeared. We got up and searched around for anything out of the ordinary. There were some dishes in the sink which had steaming water in it. The rest of the house was tidy and nothing was out of place apart from a little toy fire engine on the floor near the television.

So I think it's a mum trying to look after her children maybe from the olden times. I will try to look into it to see what might have happened to them.

Or it could be something entirely different. What do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sophiethunder, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-07-19)
Oh goodness. I have stumbled into a mess here, eh? The narratives of Sophie & Oceana are eerily similar and that alarms me more than the stories in question.

Sophie, I understand that you are frustrated no one seems to believe you, however, as other posters have commented: there are a lot of inconsistencies. That doesn't sit well with me, either. Between the inconsistencies & the "mix-up" with your cousin's profile, the credibility factor here leaves a lot to be desired. I sincerely hope you are not trying to fleece anyone, and if not - it sounds like your property needs a serious cleansing, and paranormal investigators to come document this fantastic activity.

Respectfully,
Cups
sophiethunder (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-27)
I just don't think I'm explaining it properly. So there was a house on this site before this house and that was Natalie. The ones that built that are untraceable. That house got destroyed. Then people built this one on the same site, as their home. They left but knew about Natalie.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-26)
"I post something that is true and my comments get rated down because no one believes me."

Actually, if your comments're true - why are they so inconsistent?

Let's see:

"I did ask the people who built the house and the people who previously owned it and they all had a few experiences of this sort."

With these, you are saying that there were TWO families living in the house before you, then:

"The builders before the ones that built this house are literally untraceable. I did try to find them. "

That makes - THREE! - families living in the house before you moved in.
The timing doesn't help... You mentioned another set of "first" builders after it was pointed out that the "second-first" builders should have known Natalie.

Furthermore:

"The builders rebuilt the house the way that they wanted it and then that's when they noticed her. They had to move for job reasons because they weren't bothered by her at all."

And:

"The builders of this one said that if you move anything Natalie has put down then things start to go bad. So like one day they moved a little toy elephant and that night Natalie broke all their dishes as a way of punishment for not leaving her children's toys alone."

Do You See The Contradiction?!?!?

And there's more but I don't want any busy-bees coming to tell me to stop "trolling" on your stories...or, was it funny-bees?

Please don't try to make yourself look like a victim and us like bullies, if you're telling the true it shouldn't change from one comment to the next.

Just my opinion.
sophiethunder (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-26)
I am a true believer though. And this is real. It happened. I know it's not about karma points it just annoys me when I post something that is true and my comments get rated down because no one believes me.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-26)
You are overreacting sophiethunder. It is not about earning karma points but it is your submission which had some flaws which are the real issues here.
This websites is world clan for true bilivers where everyone has always streached their helping hand with open mindedly but with a condition of honestly.

Just a suggestion.
sophiethunder (guest)
-1
6 years ago (2018-06-26)
Look I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for having an actual experience that sounds made up and I'm sorry that no one believes me and that my comments are always rates so low. I'm sorry for coming on here. I guess I'll just live with whatever happens next. I don't get much help here anyway. I only ever get told that I'm making it up. See you guys later. I hope you continue to get high ratings and believed.
sophiethunder (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-26)
Chiku: why would you say that? It's not made up because I'm living it.
Chiku (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
Already quite controversy here. Seems like made-up story.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
Sophie - You have all the sympathy and compassion that I can muster.

Regards, Melda

This comment from sophiethunder is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
MaggieMay_Not - " It could also explain about the children. They could be a manifestation of her last moments,"

I hope that's not the case... Just imagine how horrific it would have been for those kids to see their nanny dying under the collapsed ceiling! 😨

I shouldn't read such scary things at midnight...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
"Or it could be something entirely different. What do you think?"

Huh... Me thinks it might be a keyboard happy poster? 😆
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
Sophie - I would be intrigued to know in which way Natalie is helpful to you. You say you would like to keep her because she does a lot of things for you. Things like what?

Regards, Melda
MaggieMay_Not (15 stories) (106 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
Sophie, If I may ask, is it possible that the builders of the house are not quite honest about Natalie and her death? If Natalie was a caretaker for their children and she died because of their poor building practices and the builders are trying to avoid prosecution or civil suits, it would explain their not being forthcoming, and it would fit with the actions of the spirit you describe. It could also explain about the children. They could be a manifestation of her last moments, mixed with her cognizance of the 'now.' It's just a thought. I am likely wrong.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+5
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
Sophie,
I have to go with lady-glow on this. Frankly, our confusion could simply come from your wording, but the facts as you've given them simply do not mesh with the actions you've stated takes place. You heard 'children' in the bath, and received a note telling you not to disturb the children. That sounds more like a family than one small child. Also, it seems to me the builders (and original owners at that) would have more details about Natalie. Obviously, she would have been someone they knew.
What year was the house built by the way?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
IF the first owners of the house were the same people building it ("they built their house to live in it."), does this mean that Natalie was a member of their family?
Why would they tell you that "She APPARENTLY died in a freak accident when the ceiling caved in for not reason" if they should be more than aware that she got pureed under the weight of the ceiling?

In my opinion, Natalie's death at the premises doesn't explain the presence of ghostly children giggling at bath time neither the toy engine materializing from thin air... But then, I haven't lived in a haunted house.

I don't know if it's only me but, as I see it, your last comment is more confusing than helpful.

Cheers!
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
Sophie,

I've been following the comments and see you have information on the history of your house. The previous owner's had similar experiences? Do you know anything else about 'Natalie' (age, when she died, etc.)? Perhaps there is a clue on why Natalie does what she does.

One thing I respectfully disagree with: I don't think we are able to 'keep' a spirit. Just going on the activity you've mentioned, it seems that whoever it is wants attention for some reason. If you feel comfortable, try speaking out loud to the spirit, in a respectful way. You can simply acknowledge their presence and depending on your beliefs, urge them to move on to 'greener pastures' (the other side, the light, be with family, God, etc.). Please keep us updated.

All the best,
Dee 😊
sophiethunder (guest)
-3
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
I did ask the people who built the house and the people who previously owned it and they all had a few experiences of this sort. So the builders built it to live in it. Like they weren't contract builders they built their house to live in it. So these people have got a little name for her which is Natalie. She apparently died in a freak accident when the ceiling caved in for not reason. The builders rebuilt the house the way that they wanted it and then that's when they noticed her. They had to move for job reasons because they weren't bothered by her at all. The ones before me moved because of her and her distractions to their children. I quite like Natalie though. She isn't a problem. She does a lot of things for me. I think I'll keep her.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
Well, Sophie, thanks for clearing it up about the dishes. Even if they didn't materialize, finding them in a sinkful of water is weird enough.
Have you had any luck researching the house?
sophiethunder (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
I didn't mean they magically got there. I have dishes and plates in the cupboard. They weren't there the night before. Of course they didn't randomly come from the ship to my house. That would be too weird.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-20)
Augusta,
I meant the photos to be part of the documentation, not exactly as 'proof' of ghostly activity. As you so aptly pointed out, it could easily be 'faked'.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-20)
I have to say, I agree with the issues Valkricry has brought up and I am rather on the fence about this one. I'd had my doubts about the bacon sandwich episode but paired with the materializing crockery set and child's toy, disappearing ink and plumbing antics - without trying to sound too harsh, its all a bit too much for my credulity. 🤔

Photos might be something but then again, anyone could borrow an old set of dishes or swing round to a junk shop and pick them up then click away.

Now I'll just take my curmudgeonly self out to have a seat on the fence until the next set of strange things are reported.
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
Sophie, you've been given some good suggestions here. You can now ask yourself if these "strange things" really scare you or just puzzle you? Do you feel in danger and want to run out the door? The fear factor (or relative lack of it) is a good indicator of what your next step should be.

I remember reading on YGS about other "haunted bathtubs":
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25173
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=6902

I hope this helps you feel less alone with your situation and that you can always choose to do something about it. Be at Peace.
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-15)
Sophie- I agree with valkricy, you should research the background of the house, and more accurately it seems like a residual haunting to me. It is a possibility that you're seeing a flashback of events which already happened in the past, but if the incident is bothering you a lot else is interfering with anything of your everyday life then I would suggest you to visit a psychic experienced in such cases. It is indeed a unique one.

Regards
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+6
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
So the dishes and toy just appeared? Couple that with the disappearing writing, and the bacon sandwich from before and you have one very unusual haunting. To be honest, if not for some of my own experiences, I'd say this was utter fiction, with no doubts.
Because the dishes just materialized from nowhere apparently, you have something else that can be dated. What material are they made of? Is there a makers mark (generally found on the back or bottom)? Frankly, I've only heard of and experienced small items showing up, but this level... Well it is certainly something else.
Seriously, you need to document the heck out of these items, complete with pictures.
You should do research on that house, find out it's back story.
Maybe contact the local paranormal society, given the uniqueness of what you've told us, they'd jump at the chance to document it. Even if they debunked it, be worth the peace of mind don't you think?
sophiethunder (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
Valkricry
There is no toys in the house. Also the dishes just appeared too because there was nothing there the previous night. Maybe it's a bad mum because of the bath thing. I don't know
Melda
Maybe it is. I don't know.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+4
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
Huh...thought I commented on this yesterday, but I guess I didn't. Or my comment disappeared. 🤔
Sophie, I am a bit confused on some things. Hopefully you can clear it up for me. You say, "...I made myself a pot noodle so there would be no washing up the next day," but then, "There were some dishes in the sink which had steaming water in it". Where did the dishes come from?
My other concern is that the tub was "filled to the brim with hot soapy water". No parent worth their spit would fill a tub that full with hot water for small children. Come to think of it, not even with cold water, because kids tend to splash a lot, and there would be a heck of a mess to clean up. Not to mention the overflow caused by water displacement, when said child is added. So, for what reason would someone fill the tub that full? The only thought I have is nefarious, indeed.
Also, I'm curious about the toy fire engine - is it something you had? Or did it just appear? The thing is, if it wasn't something you already had in your possession, you could date the toy and have some clue as to the time period the ghosties come from.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
Sophie,

A note with disappearing writing? I think this is the first time I've heard of such a thing. I honestly have no idea what to make of that.

As for the bath and sink full of hot soapy water... It sounds like you may have a germaphobic ghost. I wouldn't mind a 'cleaning buddy', unseen or not. 😉

- Dee
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
lady-glow - Good point. Unless of course it's a ghost which multi-tasks, in which case it has to be a woman.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
Melda - in my opinion, there are at least two ghosts at Sophie's place... Don't forget the ghost from her previous story knew how to use the dishwasher! 😜

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: